Fantasy Football 2013 Advice Thread

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I have Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson as QB options this week. I also have Reggie Wayne as my flex. I feel like I should invest in Wilson at QB just in case it goes south for Luck / Wayne. But if they have a big week I'm going to look like an idiot.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ended up playing a work team, doubt I have time to even look at it while in Malaysia. Gambled a lot.

rrr_img_42837.jpg

Fadaar

That guy
What is that like a 8 man league? How the shit do you get Brees, Lynch, Welker, and Green on the same team?

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Two of my top three draft picks combined for 11 points this week. Doug Martin + Stevan Ridley.

One of them may have lost the starting job. (Stevan Ridley)
rrr_img_43058.jpg

Fadaar

That guy
Team Skullfuck sucks again. However in my work league, rounds 3 and 5 picks did freakin' awesome (Larry Fitzgerald and Vernon Davis).

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Two of my top three draft picks combined for 11 points this week. Doug Martin + Stevan Ridley.

One of them may have lost the starting job. (Stevan Ridley)
rrr_img_43058.jpg
Calvin and Dez are killing me. I was so high on AJ Green this year and let myself be talked into Dez by a bunch of people. I should of drafted AJ! lol. I know it's early but damn I might lose this week from lack of production from my first 2 picks.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
AJ could get the same treatment as Dez and CJ after this week. Same shit happened with Andre Johnson, he was a fantasy beast but teams are willing to commit extra coverage to him because its worth leaving someone else open to hopefully shut them down. I didn't watch the Bengals or Lions though so IDK if it was something else fucking their stats. But the Giants were pretty clearly focused on making Romo win without Dez.

This is why its probably better to put all your eggs in QB/RB and just throw shit at the wall with #2's, slot guys, and lesser ranked #1 WR's. Its a crap shoot week to week and the best passing teams spread the ball around a bunch.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We nailed with veron dude. I drafted Julius Thomas too. He's going to be my new flex.

It's only week 1 an I'm sure they will have good games. Was just hoping they both didnt have duds together.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think AJ is going to have a great year. There are just too many receiving options on the Bengals to double cover him. Eifert, Gresham, Green, Bernard, Sanu...

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Every #1 WR will have a game or two where they are taken away, but more often then not they will get their touches anyways. Calvin Johnson has been the one and only offensive threat in Detroit for years and still put up monster fantasy seasons.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm annoyed welkers muff is being ruled a fumble, it was the difference in my losing a game in my yahoo league.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Do you guys think Julian Edelman is worth picking up with my number 1 waiver position? Currently my options for my WR/RB flex position are Vick Ballard, Lance Moore, Kenny Stills and Marlon Brown.

Is there some other no name dude that is going to step in as WR3 for the Patriots with Amendola out and potentially catch a ton of passes?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Edelman might worth a pick-up, I would probably play him over anyone else you listed there. Also available in 65% of leagues worth looking at is Brian Hartline. He seemed to really benefit from there being a legitimate #1 receiver down there now.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
I should have mentioned that I'm in a 14 team league so Edelman even being available was a miracle in itself. I went ahead and used my waiver on him, if anything because in the past I've found myself holding on to good waiver positions waiting for the right guy and then never using it the whole year anyway.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Good move. I think he's definitely a good pickup for atleast this week and maybe even more.