Fantasy Football 2013 Advice Thread

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Pick 2 of the 3. Cecil Shorts @ OAK, T.Y. Hilton vs MIA, or Jordan Cameron @ BAL.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I'd go Shorts because OAK is poop and Cameron again this week because Gordon is still out.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I don't know about that, Jacksonville's offense looks terrible and Oakland defense looked serviceable against Indy (which means they could look like world-beaters against Jac). However, Henne did seem to help Shorts last year when he filled in though. To me it is Cameron then a coin-flip, but I guess out of the two I would also take Shorts because he has a semblance of a track-record. But if those are your options I would also look at the waiver wire.

pablos

Lord Nagafen Raider
should I start richardson or colston?
rrr_img_43233.jpg

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
Depends on your league scoring but I generally lean towards starting RB over WR unless its PPR or the WR is elite.

gmstbfla_sl

shitlord
Richardson, easily. Colston won't get too many looks by Brees with Revis covering him.

Opinions on my Flex: Eddie Lacy (WSH), Hakeem Nicks (DEN), Cecil Shorts (OAK), or Julius Thomas (NYG)?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Yeah, it is probably a good idea when asking "who should I play" to give a basic rundown of your league rules. Standard, PPR, QB's get 6, etc. Don't need a full list (unless your league is crazy) but some basics are needed.

Anyways, I try to stick with RB's in flex in standard so I would lean Lacy. If not that, Nicks because I could see that game turning into a shoot-out. Wouldn't play either of the other two in the flex.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Nicks could have a big game against Denver, but I'd probably still start Lacy.

I'm in a standard scoring 10 man league and just picked up Julius Thomas on the waiver wire (Gates was my week 1 starter). Some dude proposed a trade of Alfred Morris for Thomas. My RBs right now are Ray Rice and Lacy. Is there any reason I shouldn't jump on this immediately?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'd probably take that trade. Problem is we've had one week and we don't know Thomas' true value yet. We know what Morris will produce.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Yeah, pretty much any chance to trade a TE not named Gronk or Graham for a potential top 10 RB I would jump all over that.

*edit: Now I'm not saying that Manning doesn't turn Thomas into one of those top flight TE's by the end of the season. The thing is, unless you are playing against the guy who has Graham or a healthy Gronk, Gates will match up evenly with almost every other TE out there. So you aren't losing much of an advantage at that position while gaining a huge one at RB by locking up a second potential top-10 guy at a key position that lacks depth this year.

(Based on your "is there any reason I shouldn't jump on this" comment I'm sure you already realize this. I just like to explain my reasoning so perhaps the less experienced people following this thread can see where I'm coming from.)

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, pretty much any chance to trade a TE not named Gronk or Graham for a potential top 10 RB I would jump all over that.

*edit: Now I'm not saying that Manning doesn't turn Thomas into one of those top flight TE's by the end of the season. The thing is, unless you are playing against the guy who has Graham or a healthy Gronk, Gates will match up evenly with almost every other TE out there. So you aren't losing much of an advantage at that position while gaining a huge one at RB by locking up a second potential top-10 guy at a key position that lacks depth this year.

(Based on your "is there any reason I shouldn't jump on this" comment I'm sure you already realize this. I just like to explain my reasoning so perhaps the less experienced people following this thread can see where I'm coming from.)
I have Thomas too and that is my hope.. I have Vernon Davis and really need another running back. I hope someone bites. I think Thomas is going to be a total stud and make a great flex play for me but a top 10 RB is too valuable.

gmstbfla_sl

shitlord
Thomas for Alfred Morris is a no-brainer. A first round running back for even the best tight end is an unfair exchange, though. It would be vetoed in my league.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Standard league setup. My running back situation is pretty bad. I need to start either Chris Ivory or Daniel Thomas. Any thoughts?

Also, I picked up Julius Thomas in hopes of trading him for a second tier rb. Thomas for Morris would be vetoed in my league, as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if its vetoed. But based on the fact that the dudes WRs aren't that great and he has jimmy graham I bet he thought it was Demarius not Julius

Edit: Should also be noted its an NFL.com managed league, so its "at the sole discretion of NFL.com to determine if the trade is fair", so who the hell knows.

gmstbfla_sl

shitlord
Both are on the wrong side of a split in carries, but Ivory might be closer to the half-and-half mark. Then again, the Jets will be playing from behind, which will limit his looks, and he did nothing week 1 to inspire any confidence that he will do anything, even if he gets the ball (not the Thomas is any better). Maybe Thomas gets more chances to score in a more even game? Who knows. Pretty much a toss-up to me. The experts think Ivory is better, so there's that.

You definitely need to turn Thomas into a capable RB2 or you are in for a real long season.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I always hated the veto rules in most leagues. I played in a league with this bitch who any time a trade was happening with a team she was playing against, would veto the trade and try to rally support to get the trade vetoed from others. Vetoing became more of a strategy play rather than something to actually stop ridiculousness. The league I run, the rule is as long as I don't think there is collusion, I let it fly. Somebody is making a stupid trade, let them (so long as it is in good faith).