Fantasy Football 2013 Advice Thread

I always hated the veto rules in most leagues. I played in a league with this bitch who any time a trade was happening with a team she was playing against, would veto the trade and try to rally support to get the trade vetoed from others. Vetoing became more of a strategy play rather than something to actually stop ridiculousness. The league I run, the rule is as long as I don't think there is collusion, I let it fly. Somebody is making a stupid trade, let them (so long as it is in good faith).
Totally agree I was in a league with some shitbags from my college who would literally veto every trade unless they were in it. But who the fuck knows what metrics NFL.com uses to overrule trades.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I thought I got a good late round grab of the Pats defense because they play in the AFC East and generate a ton of turnovers. And they've been OK through 2 weeks. BUT...man I did not expect that team to be so bad. I'm scared they are going to spend way too much time on the field when they finally play some good teams.

I guess I'm just kind of talking myself through this. Not gonna drop them before they give me an actual reason.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
So I thought I got a good late round grab of the Pats defense because they play in the AFC East and generate a ton of turnovers. And they've been OK through 2 weeks. BUT...man I did not expect that team to be so bad. I'm scared they are going to spend way too much time on the field when they finally play some good teams.

I guess I'm just kind of talking myself through this. Not gonna drop them before they give me an actual reason.
I also drafted the pats for the exact same reason, though I'm in a 14 team league so their defense is almost starting quality every week. Still had to talk myself into playing them against the Jets, but it worked out this time at least.

calla_sl

shitlord
OK actual question: Cecil Shorts or T.Y. Hilton? This is for my flex spot now that Amendola got Amendola'd.
i'm leaning towards hilton.

my question: out of these 4 backs, which should i sit: rice, gore, sjax, or joqiue bell? i'm considering benching gore since he's up against seattle.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Towards the end of last season Seattle's run D was getting gashed. Even the ghost of Michael Turner put up 100 yards against them. And they are thin on their front 7 due to injuries and suspensions. Only reason Gore doesn't have a good day is if Seattle blows them out again like last time they were in Seattle, but I don't see that happening this time around. I sit Bell if I were you.

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bell only had 11 touches last week, his numbers are just inflated by the TD's which are not predictable. I would lean toward sitting him in a standard league, though it's more iffy in ppr leagues might sit gore then.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bell's nice to have on the bench but he seems more like a handcuff to Bush, whereas the others you listed are legit starters.

calla_sl

shitlord
alright, thanks for the replies. its true bell seems like only a handcuff to bush, but bell seems to be getting most of the goalline work.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Hakeem Nicks or Steve Johnson, have Hakeen in at the moment but sorta second guessing it.

Actually since it a flex spot I could put in Montee Ball also

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Hakeem Nicks or Steve Johnson, have Hakeen in at the moment but sorta second guessing it.

Actually since it a flex spot I could put in Montee Ball also
I'm sticking with Nicks until E.J. proves it. I see E.J. regressing from his week 1 performance personally. But if I am wrong on that Johnson will probably outperform Nicks. Also I'm staying far away from any Denver RB. Which Denver RB ends up with points depends so much on which one happens to be on the field when Manning decides to fire up the no-huddle. To much of a crap-shoot to play any of them.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
ended up leaving Nicks in but get the feeling it will bite me in the ass somehow.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I hate fantasy football sometimes. Think my team looks great, I am so stacked at RB that I start the season with David Wilson as my flex, he fumbles his way out of a job. No problem I have Shane Vereen who did awesome, except he broke his wrist and is pretty much done for the fantasy season. No biggie, I have Eddy Lacy, 1 play concussion. FML

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Sweet. So I need a big passing game from Drew Brees, what do I get? Rain. Followed by D. Hopkins scoring an additional 14 points against me in overtime due to Houston having an awful kicker.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Brees better pick it up at some point. I dont give a shit if its raining, if so he is a fucking pussy.

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
Ok, so kickers are kickers, but I have David Akers and I want to send him packing.

I'm looking at picking up probably either Dan Bailey (Cowboys) or Blair Walsh (Vikings) - Bailey has a few more points so far but is facing the Steelers next, whereas Walsh has the Browns up next.

I'm not keeping spare kickers on my roster so if I pick either up, I probably wouldn't drop either one until a Bye week

Thoughts?