Fargo

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The only character i care about is the hot convict.

I got a good laugh over fat jewboy being the muscle for stussey parking lots.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The only character i care about is the hot convict.

That's why I'm glad she's not dead because I'm pretty much in the same boat. This is shaping up to easily be the weakest season and while I like watching Thewlis work his character isn't as fascinating as Malvo was and the story doesn't have as many interesting characters as S2 did. But I won't get tired of taking in that fine piece as long as they keep her around.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I was surprised by all of the fucks when the brothers were on the phone. I guess they say fuck on FX now?

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I was surprised by all of the fucks when the brothers were on the phone. I guess they say fuck on FX now?
Yeah I was wondering about that. Lots of F bombs during that phone convo. I watch TV rips so maybe it airs uncensored in some markets?

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
how the fuck do you go give a speech about the ground being stained with the blood of millions and then beat up someone and leave them alive? That was fucking stupid as fuck, while Winstead is an awesome piece of ass to look at its retarded that she is still alive.

Killing her would've only drawn even more attention from the police. Varga is frustrated with the situation between the brothers for that exact reason. He knows the problems between the brothers is only making his business dealings more difficult, but he also knows Sy is incompetent at handling this since the only thing his actions have done thus far is draw scrutiny from the police, ratcheting things up even more. Leaving a dead body in a Stussy parking lot would've been counter-intuitive since that would've drawn even more attention from the police, something that beating her up won't. He knows MEW - a blackmailing and thieving parolee - isn't going to go running to the police over this. This was meant as a warning to Ray to back the fuck off while also putting Sy, who has been sort of a loose cannon, in his place - or possibly driving him off since he seems to be wanting to drive a wedge between Emmit and Sy.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Killing her would've only drawn even more attention from the police.

Alternatively, maybe they thought they were leaving her for dead and she's far tougher than they assumed. The girl clearly has skills beyond just being a con. Think back to when she and Ray dropped the AC unit on Maurice -- she was literally counting down the time when he was expected to exit the building.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I was wondering about that. Lots of F bombs during that phone convo. I watch TV rips so maybe it airs uncensored in some markets?

I recorded it off of DirecTV so I think it was uncensored on regular TV. They have been saying"shit" on basic cable for a while but this is the first "fuck" I remember.

Xevy

Log Wizard
FXX does, occasionally, use Fuck if the show is past 10PM or whatever. I remember Louie using it during the episode where he's dating a fat chick and she has a really long speech about how no one likes fat chicks and she said fuck in it. I'd link it, but it'd trigger too many of you.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Really dug last night's episode. But I gotta say, unless they tie it in later, I'm still irked by Episode 3.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What was episode 3?

So far I don't feel like this season is living up to the standards set by the first two.

Hopefully they can tie it up together nicely, because right now it's just confusing.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Episode 3 was the one about old man Stussy when he was a youngin in LA. Had nothing to do with anything.

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah episode 3 really ruined the immersion and momentum of the show, just a big fat "well here's some random shit that really doesn't mean a thing, maybe we got some tax cuts to film this in LA"

The biggest flaw in season 3 I think is Varga. While on paper he seems like a quirky and interesting villain, so far its just been a series of terrible weird stories, constantly saying nonsense, and acting in such a way as to constantly draw attention to himself even though he is always saying he is invisible and anonymous. Season 1 had Malvo, season 2 had an entire organization fronted by Mike Milligan and Hanzee. Season 3 is just two ninjas and Varga with zero backing information on them.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
My take on Varga is he just gets these front corporations up and running and then moves onto the next one. Typically that's all it takes. But shit has a knack for going sideways up north.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Anyone else think Varga is a Vampire? There was that shot of him laying down which then flipped up so it looked like he was on the ceiling, then the shot of him chiselling his teeth. (fangs?)

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I think his teeth are rotted from all the acid because he is bulimic.

I surprised to see that some of you do not like this season. I think it is on par with the previous seasons, but it has a much slower pace. This season is more cerebral and less action, but the acting and writing are awesome!

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
He's a vampire, he pukes up his food as a human diet doesn't suit him, there was that comment about him not being seen, and didn't he also say something about being invited in?

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users