Fargo

spronk

FPS noob
Hated the episode. As the audience, we already know anything that happened 30-40 years ago in LA has absolutely nothing to do with his murder, so its already fishing in an empty pond.

For me as well, I don't generally watch shows about LA or NYC because there are already 1 million of them and every character is predictable and its just not interesting at all to me. I love Fargo because it takes place in a place I am not familiar with, with characters I don't really understand, in a time and place that is exotic. My immersion is completely ruined in a trip to LA. Oh well, hope it was just a one off and they never go back. The sci fi story was stupid as fuck too.

The only interesting thing were the two side actors, the guy who flew the plane with her and the crooked hollywood guy. Big time character actors put in what seemed to be tiny weird parts. I love the airplane guy, he was Twin Peaks, Robocop, Reaper, Mad Men, etc and will be in the Twin Peaks new series too as the same character I think.

MV5BMTYzNTg0NDU5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDQ5NTk3MQ@@._V1_.jpg

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I was like HOLY SHIT ITS LELAND PALMER! That was awesome. I give them the benefit of the doubt that this backstory will be important somehow.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
The whole episode, I was thinking that the con artist hollywood guy was Jemaine Clement in a fat suit and a baldcap. I had to look it up afterward and was surprised it wasn't him.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I was like HOLY SHIT ITS LELAND PALMER! That was awesome. I give them the benefit of the doubt that this backstory will be important somehow.

Pretty much where I sit. Going to hold off judging the relevance until the season unfolds more. There were some unusual things about the episode, but i wasn't bored at any point- that's the main metric I'm going to use to judge it for now.

Was awesome seeing Leland Palmer. Dude looks almost the exact same as 25 years ago except he gained a little weight.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Obviously you guys didn't watch Tim and Eric's Awesome Show Great Job. He's in a shit ton of episodes and the movie they made.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Didn't the ex-chief pick up that award he won for a weapon when she went back for the carving in the first episode?

spronk

FPS noob
that wasn't my imagination, the narrator was billy bob thornton, right? shits getting real although all that musical note shit was a bit pretentious. None of the crime stuff is making ANY sense at all, I just assume Vargas is a fucking weirdo who has latched onto Ewan McGregor like Billy Bob did in season 1 and can't let go.

edit: yup, just saw the credits Voice Over By Billy Bob Thornton

Last edited:

Royal

shits getting real although all that musical note shit was a bit pretentious.

That part reminded me a lot of that guide to the orchestra sequence from Moonrise Kingdom.

None of the crime stuff is making ANY sense at all, I just assume Vargas is a fucking weirdo who has latched onto Ewan McGregor like Billy Bob did in season 1 and can't let go.

He might have come across the name the same way the cop's step dad did; saw it stamped on the terlet while puking up dinner one day. Then when a Stussy comes to him hat in hand for some emergency cash it all seems like serendipity.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
He might have come across the name the same way the cop's step dad did; saw it stamped on the terlet while puking up dinner one day. Then when a Stussy comes to him hat in hand for some emergency cash it all seems like serendipity.

I'm giving you a 75% chance of this being accurate.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Have none of you heard of Peter and the Wolf? My wife hadn't, so I suppose it's not as widely known as I thought.

It seemed very in line with Fargo though.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah used to listen to it when I was a kid. Actually think it scared me when I was very young. Definitely brought back some memories hearing it again. Thought it was a great episode. Liking this season a lot. Very different than the other two seasons, but still very Cohen Brothers.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I actually had Peter and the Wolf on a record for my little toy record player as a kid (yes I'm old). Love the music, especially Peter's theme.

Royal

I actually had Peter and the Wolf on a record for my little toy record player as a kid (yes I'm old). Love the music, especially Peter's theme.

One of my babysitter's kids had that when I was a kid myself. It was a little television with a record player built in on top and you pulled a picture strip up when it signaled as the story went along. The Disney version of Peter and the Wolf was one of the ones they had.

Years later when I was in scouts with those same kids they were the first family I knew to get an Atari Gaming System. Needless to say minds were blown and addictions germinated that day.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yikes.

Now I'm trying to guess which Stussy brother goes on the killing Rampage. It'd seem like Ray, but I see Ray getting off'd and Emmett cleaning house at the end.

Royal

Thank christ hotness isn't dead after all. That beating sounded so fucking brutal I just knew she was a goner.

In other news I guess that while bulimia totally wrecks your teeth it must make your piss clear as melt water.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Thank christ hotness isn't dead after all. That beating sounded so fucking brutal I just knew she was a goner.

In other news I guess that while bulimia totally wrecks your teeth it must make your piss clear as melt water.

He didn't pee in the mug. Just wipes his dick and balls in it, then filled it with water.

LA epi was fantastic.
peter and the wolf was a fun.

it's hard not to see the character as ewan mcgregor bc he's well known. he also cannot act as well as some of the supporting characters. but still it's fun to watch him doing it cause who doesn't like ewan mcgregor. (glad though they didnt use more hollywood stars -- it can be distracting)

they are so consistent with the tone of the show through the seasons. it's so tastefully reserved and everything from teh cinematography to the color tone of the show .. one of the best tv series out there.

spronk

FPS noob
how the fuck do you go give a speech about the ground being stained with the blood of millions and then beat up someone and leave them alive? That was fucking stupid as fuck, while Winstead is an awesome piece of ass to look at its retarded that she is still alive.

There's just no character I really give any shit about. The bad guys are comic book bad, the only good guy (the cop chick) is more boring than snow, and there really aren't any charismatic people either. Valder is ok but between his bulemia and inscrutable desire to own a bunch of parking lots its really hard to give two shits about this season.

I guess if they stick to previous seasons there will be a massive shooting rampage in episode 8, i guess the only thing at this point is guessing who will do it - Rich McGregor or Poor McGregor.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Compared to previous seasons it certainly feels like there has been a lot less death.

• 1Like