pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 4 Votes
Title: Farscape

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Action & Adventure

First aired: 1999-03-19

Creator: Rockne S. O'Bannon

Cast: Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Hugh Keays-Byrne, Jonathan Hardy, Anthony Simcoe, John Bach, Gigi Edgley, Wayne Pygram, Melissa Jaffer, Tammy Macintosh, Rebecca Riggs, Paul Goddard, David Franklin, Duncan Young, Raelee Hill, Lani John Tupu, Francesca Buller, Sandy Gore, Ron Haddrick, Linal Haft, Stephen James King, Tim McCunn, John Adam, Nathaniel Dean, Kim De Lury, Judi Farr

Overview: A freak accident during an experimental space mission catapults Astronaut John Crichton across a thousand galaxies to an alien battlefield.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I used to catch Farscape episodes on SyFy channel whenever I could find it on as a kid, but the air times were so all over the place that I never got to watch it more than once in awhile. I just finally binge watched the whole series for the first time tho and damn, what a great show. Just the right blend of campiness. The practical visual effects by Jim Henson's Creature Shop still very much hold up after all this time.

Found out watching bonus material from the BluRays that the show was produced AT A LOSS the entire time it aired. Syfy channel just loved the fact that it was such a flagship show for their brand that they happily pumped money into it, to improve the image of the network as a whole. Explains a lot about how a show like this could even exist at all in the first place!

I want to start a crowdfunding campaign to bring it back lol. Probably a pipe dream of course but still. Would be so awesome to be able to just hand Brian Henson a fat sack of cash and say "make more Farscape, no strings attached."

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Also, had no idea til recently that the show runner was Rockne S. O'Bannon who made SeaQuest DSV and Alien Nation!

Cybsled

Farscape is probably my all time favorite show. Cast had great chemistry (even the muppets)

They’ve been teasing post-Peacekeeper Wars content for decades now, but beyond the uneven Boom Comics that act like additional seasons, nothing has manifested. There were planned webshorts that never happened, a MMO, and most recently a soft reboot that would have focused on John and Aeryn’s kid.

The Hensons love Farscape and most of the cast did as well, but it’s hard to scrape up funding. I think they were trying to gauge interest about a year ago by throwing up clips from the show on YouTube and outside a couple clips, I don’t think any of them got higher than 30k views or so. Most didn’t even crack 5-10k views. Shows like Grimm toss up clips and get hundreds of thousands of views, or even a million views, and even they can’t get funding for a spin-off

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I want to start a crowdfunding campaign to bring it back lol. Probably a pipe dream of course but still. Would be so awesome to be able to just hand Brian Henson a fat sack of cash and say "make more Farscape, no strings attached."

There was a crowdfunding campaign to save Farscape back when it was originally canceled, organized by Frell Me Dead, which saw KFC pony up a huge chunk of the funding for The Peacekeeper Wars. I still have some of the rubber bracelets from the campaign.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I watched Farscape a lot back in the day.

Funny aside - Lexx was always on right after Farscape. I hated the show, but I always watched with my fingers crossed because I just KNEW that one episode, someone was going to accidentily have a titty slip out and they were going to forget to edit it out of the show. I'm dead serious. I watched Lexx when I was 12yo because I was convinced I was going to see a titty some day.

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Cybsled

The first season had tits/nudity. The first season was called “tales from a parallel universe” and it was on Cinemax or something. Syfy eventually picked up the show (which was produced in Germany), the name was now Lexx, and they toned down on/censored the actual nudity because American TV is prudish

I even made a Geocities fansite for that old Cinemax version called the Brunan-G Archives. I had plans to make it a lore page but I only ended up making a handful of entries and I was limited in graphic options because I had no capture card to snag clips from the show

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
gigi, the actress who played chiana, is super active in music and cons and stuff seen her a bunch of times at all sortsa random stuff like she and her brother do musical events at small dive bars and she is super friendly and nice

one of my favorite shows of all time, I usually do a rewatch every few years and its nice now there are blurays/1080p rips of all 4 seasons plus peacekeeper wars. the comics are a bit weird and not great.

If you liked Farscape definitely check out Dark Matter and Killjoys, not as great but a bit of the same vibe. I liked season 1 of The Orville but haven't watched more, and Star Trek Strange New Worlds is the only good new star trek.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Cybsled

James Gunn is a huge Farscape fan as well. When he was making GoTG, he made the entire cast watch Farscape to give them an idea on the type of tone he wanted. That is probably also why Ben Browder cameos in the 2nd one.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Musab

Molten Core Raider
Farscape is probably my all time favorite show. Cast had great chemistry (even the muppets)

They’ve been teasing post-Peacekeeper Wars content for decades now, but beyond the uneven Boom Comics that act like additional seasons, nothing has manifested. There were planned webshorts that never happened, a MMO, and most recently a soft reboot that would have focused on John and Aeryn’s kid.

The Hensons love Farscape and most of the cast did as well, but it’s hard to scrape up funding. I think they were trying to gauge interest about a year ago by throwing up clips from the show on YouTube and outside a couple clips, I don’t think any of them got higher than 30k views or so. Most didn’t even crack 5-10k views. Shows like Grimm toss up clips and get hundreds of thousands of views, or even a million views, and even they can’t get funding for a spin-off
I’m right there with you. This show and Sliders are my all time favorites. I was glad they were able to wrap things up in Peacekeeper Wars, but I wasn’t a big fan of the comic miniseries.
The Dominar will forever reign.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
The first season had tits/nudity. The first season was called “tales from a parallel universe” and it was on Cinemax or something. Syfy eventually picked up the show (which was produced in Germany), the name was now Lexx, and they toned down on/censored the actual nudity because American TV is prudish

I even made a Geocities fansite for that old Cinemax version called the Brunan-G Archives. I had plans to make it a lore page but I only ended up making a handful of entries and I was limited in graphic options because I had no capture card to snag clips from the show
Used to always record Farscape and Lexx back to back on Friday nights with the VCR timer if I was working or going out with friends back in college. Sci-fi used to be pretty good about replaying the two primetime shows Saturday morning as well.

I've got all the Farscape DVDs in a box somewhere, but they were on Amazon or something a few years ago, so I rewatched the whole series. Still one of my favorite shows. Like others have said the cast just gelled so well together. First season's kind of goofy but they really picked up with the overarching story of the wormhole technology and Scorpius was easily one of the best villains of all time. Was so cool when he ended up joining the crew.

I also remember seeing Lexx in it's original unedited version, and you watched it for the boobies. Xenia Seaberg (or however you spell her name) was smokin. Kept watching it on Syfy just because it was so out there, and the lore and world was just something so radically different. Some of the episodes are pretty hilarious too, like the one where 790 got a body, but he gets reprogrammed somehow to be a gimp or something, and he's chasing Stanley around trying to fuck him, and a little disco ball and techno music pop out of his head or something every time.

Never really finished the show when they ended up coming to Earth. Ahhh the good ole days of TV. I should go back and watch it all if it's out there.

• 2Like

Cybsled

The 4th season of Lexx when they land on Earth has some funny shit. All the heaven/hell characters are there, plus season 2 for parts. It gets even weirder. My favorites were the secret Vietnam POW camp hidden at a golf course, Fake-Lykka Godzilla, and the Stephen Hawkins standin that wants to collect all the hottest women on Earth and escape the planet with them

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Scorpius was easily one of the best villains of all time. Was so cool when he ended up joining the crew.
Was just about to write literally this. Man, I loved Scorpius. Kind of a shame the series sort of faded away into obscurity.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This show made me lust after Claudia Black. She's not exactly gorgeous, but that fucking voice...damn. When I started playing Dragon Age and heard Morrigan, I
excited andy samberg GIF

• 5Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Cybsled

She almost wasn’t Aeryn either. The actress that played the blonde Peacekeeper tech that they find on the destroyed command carrier was originally going to be cast as Aeryn, but they liked the chemistry Claudia Black had with Ben Browder and decided to cast her instead.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
Officer Aeryn Sun was great in Uncharted Lost Legacy, although its funny she plays the main character who is half indian. She was also decent in a SyFy type movie last year, Deus. Not a great movie though

lexx is so weird

season 1 - 4 episodes
season 2 - 20 episodes
season 3 - 24 (!!) episodes
season 4 - 13 episodes

I can't even think about the last 20-24 episode TV season show I watched, it'd be some network show like 24 or something

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Officer Aeryn Sun was great in Uncharted Lost Legacy, although its funny she plays the main character who is half indian. She was also decent in a SyFy type movie last year, Deus. Not a great movie though

lexx is so weird

season 1 - 4 episodes
season 2 - 20 episodes
season 3 - 24 (!!) episodes
season 4 - 13 episodes

I can't even think about the last 20-24 episode TV season show I watched, it'd be some network show like 24 or something
Yeah, I watched Deus specifically because of her. She still looks damn good for her age. Too bad the movie sucked.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Claudia was also in Pitch Black before she became kinda/sorta well known. I think, anyway. I just recall going back to watch Pitch Black and was like OH HEY!

• 2Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
She was great in the last couple seasons of Stargate SG:1 and Ben Crowder ended up being in that with her also.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
gigi, the actress who played chiana, is super active in music and cons and stuff seen her a bunch of times at all sortsa random stuff like she and her brother do musical events at small dive bars and she is super friendly and nice

one of my favorite shows of all time, I usually do a rewatch every few years and its nice now there are blurays/1080p rips of all 4 seasons plus peacekeeper wars. the comics are a bit weird and not great.

If you liked Farscape definitely check out Dark Matter and Killjoys, not as great but a bit of the same vibe. I liked season 1 of The Orville but haven't watched more, and Star Trek Strange New Worlds is the only good new star trek.
She's got an OnlyFans I heard

TV show information provided by The Movie Database