Farscape

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
This show made me lust after Claudia Black. She's not exactly gorgeous, but that fucking voice...damn. When I started playing Dragon Age and heard Morrigan, I
excited andy samberg GIF
"Not exactly gorgeous" what the fuck are you smoking? She's one of the most beautiful women in the world, period.

• 2Like
  • 2Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I’m right there with you. This show and Sliders are my all time favorites. I was glad they were able to wrap things up in Peacekeeper Wars, but I wasn’t a big fan of the comic miniseries.
The Dominar will forever reign.
Sliders was pretty great tv

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Cybsled

Sliders started off that way, but it got kind of crappy later on. First they killed off all the main cast except Rembrandt, and then the alternate universes they started to travel to were less interesting. The final episode was lame as well.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Sliders started off that way, but it got kind of crappy later on. First they killed off all the main cast except Rembrandt, and then the alternate universes they started to travel to were less interesting. The final episode was lame as well.
I read an article about that awhile ago, apparently the actor who played the doctor was arguing with the network (Fox) to let them really get into the potential of exploring alternate realities and much of the cast agreed with him. The network only wanted to produce cheap and easy to turn out schlock however which lead to them killing the doc off and the departure of some of the cast later on.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I was really young when I watched Sliders but I remember even as a preteen thinking the later seasons got pretty terrible. I started watching with the first episode but never made it to the end because yeah.

nu_11

Sliders was great only for a short while. I think one or two seasons. It's a shame, because the cast and premise were good at the start.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
who tf here is razorfist alt?

It surprised me but the Farscape subreddit has a post about once or twice a week from someone that says they're just now watching the show for the first time. I think maybe because they recently changed to a free streaming service.

• 3Like

spronk

FPS noob
some dude on reddit is using Topaz AI tool to remaster farscape in 4K, he's only uploading it to youtube for now and he's only done a few episodes so far but its pretty neat

• 5Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
some dude on reddit is using Topaz AI tool to remaster farscape in 4K, he's only uploading it to youtube for now and he's only done a few episodes so far but its pretty neat

Man, I've been rewatching the first season since you shared that. Seems like the guy puts out an episode each day. Really is one of the best sci-fi shows ever.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

I try not to watch too much, but it’s one of the few shows I can revisit every 5+ years and still really enjoy it

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
As great as the cast and writing is, IMO the reason the show is so rewatchable is thanks to Jim Henson's Creature Shop. Sounds cheesy but Rygel and Pilot are such good puppet work that sometimes I catch myself forgetting that they're not real. Then all the wonderful makeup and costume work, the killer sets... Just visually way more appealing and easier on the eyes than shows filled with CGI.

Can't remember if I mentioned it in this thread, but budgetwise the show technically operated at a loss for it's entire run. SyFy was throwing tons of money at them hoping Farscape would bring in viewers for the other 167 hours of the week. And most of that money was burned by the Creature Shop.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I try not to watch too much, but it’s one of the few shows I can revisit every 5+ years and still really enjoy it
Episode 20 was just posted earlier today of the first season on that channel you posted. It and the prior episode are two of the best ones out of the entire series where Scorpius is introduced, and it sets up everything for the rest of the series. It really is such a great show.

I guess I'm going to keep watching an episode a day. I don't watch TV anymore, but this is a breath of fresh air to revisit such an amazing show.

Such a great episode:

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Goatface

he finished the series today with peacekeeper wars 1/2
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMD9ghErEvtwTDtAg0effymKOOomTGJdB

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users