Final Fantasy 16

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I never played DMC so I have no frame of reference. But when I think modern RPGs, I think Skyrim/Witcher clones so I thought that would be a better descriptor for FF16 since it doesnt have any turn based combat and uses stuff like counters, parries and dodges. I guess Elden Ring and AC: Odyssey would be in the same category.
DMC is spamming buttons really fast in specific sequences, doing combos. L2 to warp to the mob, R1, R1, R1, R2 to do a combo, then do it over again until mob staggers halfway then triangle, L2 to pull the mob down then Square + R1 to trigger a fast spam attack then R1 over and over to spam attack to stagger break then L3 + R3 to limit break then spam your R1 or do time stop attacks.

Over and over.

There are other attacks you can assign to get a similar sequence but that gives you an idea. All of that is very much mashing buttons in a sequence to maximize stagger and damage. You’re also dodging and parrying in between all that.

I’m not a fan of tons of cinematics in games but you need it in this one to give your fingers a break.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Do the 2 side quests in Moore.

There's no way that point is 41% by the way.

They probably measure the completion percentage by certain benchmarks in the game, or something like that, that don't really jive with the actual exact game progression. All I know is what it says:

20230630_120631.jpg

I don't work by the hour, so I believe it.

You can totally ignore the feature like I did, but to be clear, you are complaining about the name of it?

Araysar answered this above so you might want to unhide ignored user for that.

Either way, it was funny to discover that they're using action game terminology...but not surprising, because it's an action game.

Kind of bummed that it seems they've gone all in with this and this is Final Fantasy now. I guess for RPGs in the future we still have retro remakes, and Dragon Quest 12 whenever that eventually comes out. Unless it ends up being an action game too.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I just hope we can look forward to some actual RPGs in the future where the world looks like this. I’m at the same point Rajaah is and it’s amazing looking. I just walked over and stood by the beach and watched the waves for a bit. My son was watching it too and said “This is so satisfying, this one beats Ratchet and Clank graphics”

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I just hope we can look forward to some actual RPGs in the future where the world looks like this. I’m at the same point Rajaah is and it’s amazing looking. I just walked over and stood by the beach and watched the waves for a bit. My son was watching it too and said “This is so satisfying, this one beats Ratchet and Clank graphics”

Yeah, I think R&C is finally beaten on PS5 visuals. I'm glad FF16 is a PS5 exclusive and they didn't dumb it down to be cross-platform with PS4.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I trust this community. Is this worth buying a ps5 for?
I would never buy a console for 1 game only but the PS5 exclusives in general are worth it. R&C, Returnal, FF16, Demon's Souls, Ghost of Tsushima, etc all great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I would never buy a console for 1 game only but the PS5 exclusives in general are worth it. R&C, Returnal, FF16, Demon's Souls, Ghost of Tsushima, etc all great.

Ackshually, Tsushima is also on PS4. But yeah, one should play a game that gorgeous on PS5. Same goes for Elden Ring. It also has Horizon 2 and God of War 2 if you're a fan of those serieses. AND plays all PS4 games, with faster loading times.

1 1987 Just go get one. I did on day one and have never regretted it for a minute.

FF16 is also worth getting right away, just be aware that it's more of an action game than an FF.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
R&C is on pc next month. Returnal already is. FF16 will be. Ghosts of Tsushima later this year. You’d just be buying it for 1 game, Demons Souls remake.

If your PC sucks or you want these on a system for a nice big tv or something, sure it’s worth picking one up.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I trust this community. Is this worth buying a ps5 for?
I bought a PS5 for it and I'm extremely happy right now.

I just fought Bahamut and I cannot belive what I just witnessed both in the fight and after it.

I just don't know how they can top that for the end of the game, I just be 75% of the way through now.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Twinside spoilers:

Necrophobe battle was pretty cool, nice callback.

Bahamut... the flower crystal... fusion dance... low earth orbit lazer battle... creepy children getting impaled... crazy bitch slitting her own throat... Odin fucking a shapeshifter...

What the fuck, this is totally insane. Also I don't think we should be smashing these crystals, feels like they are stopping Ultima not helping him.
[/spoilers]

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
My PS5 is getting a ton of use, between this, D4 and our nightly PSVR2 Walkabout golf.

I like the pacing so far, and the visuals are incredible. The performance mode is still unreliable shite, so this will be the first console game I don't use the higher frames mode.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I bought a PS5 for it and I'm extremely happy right now.

I just fought Bahamut and I cannot belive what I just witnessed both in the fight and after it.

I just don't know how they can top that for the end of the game, I just be 75% of the way through now.

It wasnt anything special, stop LARPing

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Twinside spoilers:

Necrophobe battle was pretty cool, nice callback.

Bahamut... the flower crystal... fusion dance... low earth orbit lazer battle... creepy children getting impaled... crazy bitch slitting her own throat... Odin fucking a shapeshifter...

What the fuck, this is totally insane. Also I don't think we should be smashing these crystals, feels like they are stopping Ultima not helping him.
[/spoilers]

Yah you find out later the crystals help him

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
My PS5 is getting a ton of use, between this, D4 and our nightly PSVR2 Walkabout golf.

I like the pacing so far, and the visuals are incredible. The performance mode is still unreliable shite, so this will be the first console game I don't use the higher frames mode.

Same. I'll also go Resolution Mode for Hogwarts Legacy whenever I actually play that. Yeah the lower framerate sucks. Not only is it higher resolution though, they also do some nutso effects with light and reflections via ray-tracing.

Between HL and this, it's kind of cool to see devs making Resolution Mode actually worthwhile now.

spronk

FPS noob
how cold do you guys think shivas pussy is, like would it break your dick off

Fzf2F9EWIAEFaDd

worth it

• 1Like