Final Fantasy 16

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I had minimal interest but that demo sold me. Bloody adult story in a nice final fantasy medieval setting, sweet.

The graphics, setting, and music were top notch. Loved the FF1 remix that was playing at the very start. Love seeing the low tech in great graphics, very good looking. Liked the people using magic to do mundane shit like trim bushes. The Summon fight was not as bad as I thought. They looked like QTE-fests in the videos but doesn’t feel bad when playing it. The sound during those fights in my basements nice sound system was badass. I liked all the monster designs/graphics.

One thing that is kind of concerning was when it opened up and let you control it, it was very restricted in where you could go, hopefully they have some larger levels with more areas to explore. I know it was just the starter “learn to play” zone so I’m hopeful that gets better. I also hope the amount of cutscenes was just due to being at the very beginning of the game too.

The story seems brutal and engrossing as hell already. I’m going to pick it up, great demo.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I know certain streamers like Mr Happy and Maxmillian have played a good bit of the game beyond even the demo already, and Max made some comments about it not being that "open world", so I'm not sure how much less restricted the open areas will get post demo. Would like some bigger zones to play in, though.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Of any MMO I've played, FF14 always felt "restricted" too. Still a large and very nice looking world.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I know certain streamers like Mr Happy and Maxmillian have played a good bit of the game beyond even the demo already, and Max made some comments about it not being that "open world", so I'm not sure how much less restricted the open areas will get post demo. Would like some bigger zones to play in, though.
Yeah I’m not expecting an open world or anything, just hoping that the zones are not all as restricted as that first area with the goblins. Straight line with little rooms to pop in and out to get an item. The part when the earthquake was happening and there were several ledges you could easily walk on or jump on but it just didn’t let you was weak too. Just make them slightly taller so not being able to access them makes sense. An invisible wall for no reason is lame.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Others have said that the explorable zones are large and open, but still zones that you load into. I believe the Demo shows only a story instance (goblins), not an actual explorable zone. I'm hesitant to buy the game as its a PS5 exclusive for awhile, so its locked at 30-45fps for most of the game experience with fights being 60. I'd rather play it via Steam on my PC at 60+ fps throughout.

• 1Pathetic

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I must be a pleb. As long as it’s semi-smooth I don’t give a shit

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Just finished the demo. Wow that was pretty epic :)

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
So I'm guessing I'm the only one that didn't realize there was 2 parts to that demo right?

• 1Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So I'm guessing I'm the only one that didn't realize there was 2 parts to that demo right?
Err maybe. A big popup comes up at the end and tells you. Stop skipping dialogue!

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Err maybe. A big popup comes up at the end and tells you. Stop skipping dialogue!
Actually I think I turned the entire PS5 off before that popup. I'm still on the fence. I literally don't know wtf is going on during combat, it seems like spamming attack and playing QTE's.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Actually I think I turned the entire PS5 off before that popup. I'm still on the fence. I literally don't know wtf is going on during combat, it seems like spamming attack and playing QTE's.
I didn’t think the combat for the main demo was bad, but I do wish you could just hold the square or triangle to do multiple attacks instead of needing to spam it. I stopped shooting the fireballs because it wasn’t worth a sore thumb. Hopefully spamming doesn’t become necessary later.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I didn’t think the combat for the main demo was bad, but I do wish you could just hold the square or triangle to do multiple attacks instead of needing to spam it. I stopped shooting the fireballs because it wasn’t worth a sore thumb. Hopefully spamming doesn’t become necessary later.
Use the Ring of Timely Focus. Pressing square will auto-use combo attacks when/if they are available. Its an action based combat, so "spamming" is always going to be a thing.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Resetera posters are mad about the lack of diveristy in a game based on medieval Europe.

• 5Worf
  • 1Smuggly
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Resetera posters are mad about the lack of diveristy in a game based on medieval Europe.

Pre-order confirmed.

• 6Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Cybsled

What is sort of funny is someone tried to bait YoshiP with that and he basically gave them the answer they chose character designs based on the setting the game takes place in.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

NG+ ups leveling to 100 and changes the mobs you face as you play through the game as well, doesn't just scale up old ones. They also said it "changes the twists and turns" in the levels, so new paths to keep exploration somewhat fresh too?

Not sure how long the game is on the first playthrough, but 40ish levels first time around? Going by them showing an early area with level 11 hornet mobs, and the NG+ raptor mobs are level 44 in the same spot.

• 1Like