Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So help me out... I've been basically doing nothing for the last two week related to the game, and interest in hard content waned before that.

What do I need to do for the gilg trial?

edit: and which end-game 6* should I be trying to get leveled.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Argh, daily starts gold, goes to rainbow... and delita. Fuck this earth.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
zzzz

You didn't 10+1 2 on the same pull and you at least get rainbows from dailies.
I'm at 6 rainbows total, and they've all come from dailies. my 10+1 pulls have never given me a rainbow, and the golds have usually been shit-tier.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yuna OP

hqHLiic.png

Tiphares

Golden Squire
King Shitter strikes again!

Does anyone remember if the raid event starts you out with full orbs? I can't remember from the Ifrit raid

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't actually have Yuna, and if I did she damn sure wouldn't have stats like that.

I did get another Noctis off the support banner, but with the new rainbow rates it isn't terribly suprising.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Kind of funny they continue to delay WoL and Garland. I watched that news video, and looks like we're getting some nice content soon, including a global exclusive trial in a week or two. In Brave Frontier, the global exclusive trials Gumi added were light years higher difficulty than the trials that came from JP, so I wonder if they'll continue that same tradition in Brave Exvius.

Briefly reading about the Bahamut raid, it sounds like it can be trivialized if you land a paralyze on the boss. Suppose Xon will be on my raid team with his 100% paralyze attack.

The Bahamut trial is another global exclusive, so that should be interesting. They said jump is very useful, and my primary two dps are both naturally dragoons with jumps (Noctis and Gilgamesh). Don't know if jumps will actually matter or not though, suppose we'll see Friday. Looking forward to this update.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Garland is gonna be trash anyway unless he gets some GE buffs

If he's released exactly as his JP version, then yeah, pretty much, since you can't stack doublehand to at least give him a respectable ATK. I kind of think the reason they've delayed his release so long is because they're working on a way to make him relevant without the DH stacking.

The obvious fix is to just roll the missing doublehand atk into his innate doublehand, or his enhancements. Maybe have him with +150% equipment ATK innate, boosted to +300% equipment atk with enhancements (while single wielding).

Then again, what's more likely is they don't put in any effort to fix his problems and he becomes a pointless upgrade like Kefka or Terra.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Looks like they are handing out summoning tickets like candy too. Should have plenty for the next MK event and eventually Rikku.

Nocello

Golden Squire
Just trying this out for the 1st time. Hold these summon tickets for an event or, build them up, or burn em to get started?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Just trying this out for the 1st time. Hold these summon tickets for an event or, build them up, or burn em to get started?
If you want to restart over and over to get a good starter, burn them until you get a rainbow, restart if it's not a good one.

I'll leave it to others to comment, but I'd say Orlandeau, or Gilgamesh, or maybe Noctis. Hopefully you get a Zidane if you don't get Gilgamesh.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider

It's best to save them for a banner with great core units. The current banner is a bunch of completely trash tier units except for the 1/200 grand prize, so it's good to save if you can. On the other hand, there's no telling how long until a "good" starter banner comes along, and eventually you will need some real units to handle harder content.

So basically, hold out for as long as you can and keep checking this thread. We'll definitely say something when a great banner comes along. At most, you will be waiting 6 weeks until the anniversary event at the end of June. That should (probably) be the best banners ever released to date (whatever they may be).

Edit: If you really want to do some summons right now though, do it on the "rare" banner, not the current event banner with Ulrica etc. At least then your may pull some good 3* or 4* units like Cecil, Refia, etc.

Last edited:

Tiphares

Golden Squire
There are no free units for the upcoming raid. I say use them and then keep rerolling until you have a decent starting party. Going to be getting a lot of summon tickets this month.

Then speed through the story content and build up lapis to throw at the anniversary banner next month. You should be able to build up 5-10k easily. There are tons of starter guides out there.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Anyone run any numbers for Firion for the upcoming raid? His 125% passive + Odin + materia + the new spear and gun should be some particularly nasty dps as a finisher against dragons. I have not tried a 2x Orlandeau + Firion to figure out timing, but i think that will be my team for the trial.

Vinen

God is dead
I'll just run Olive with 2 Dragon Killer Materia (Dragon Killer + Faris TMR) and Odin. Don't even have a 6* Firion lawl. Hate his unit.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I will end up stealing a lot of gear from Orlandeau to max Firion. It may take some time to get the dragon killer weapon recipes and materials, though. Yeah, even with lower dragon killer %, your Olive will output way more damage than my Firion.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Bahamut has a natural -50% holy resist, so my planned team is Noctis (excalibur), Gilgamesh (excalibur), Xon (paralyze), Ling (def break), Arianna (atk buff), and friend Orlandeau (additional holy debuff, up to -100%).

If that team can't kill him within the guaranteed 4 turns of 100% paralyze from Xon, I'll have to make adjustments instead of going all dps.