Final Fantasy VII Remake

Terial

Trakanon Raider
stupid fucking buterfinger ingame crap giveaway, i'm done, i've tried a few times, wasted money on fucking butterfuckers and every time it says Entry Rejected.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
stupid fucking buterfinger ingame crap giveaway, i'm done, i've tried a few times, wasted money on fucking butterfuckers and every time it says Entry Rejected.

I sincerely hope something bad happens to you. Not cancer or anything, but like you stub your toe and bleed.

• 10Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 11 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Lol I would actually pay 59 per hour to see that over this shit. Hey SE take notes you mother fuckers.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
How many years ago was this announced? Do those of you looking forward to this honestly believe they can deliver a quality product with an amount of content worth what you paid, and then deliver the future episodes in a timely manner?

Nevermind that they are raping your wallet.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
How many years ago was this announced? Do those of you looking forward to this honestly believe they can deliver a quality product with an amount of content worth what you paid, and then deliver the future episodes in a timely manner?

That the part that saddens me, as I said I am no longer the target demographic for these assholes even though I have disposable income and could drop $50ish dollars on this without blinking an eye. When I heard about FF7 remake years ago I was like fucking sweet, and all I needed was some updated graphics and some neat cut scenes like these redone in 2020 level CGI and we're solid.

iu

Didn't need a new story, or new faggy combat for a generation of ADHD dipshits. I just wanted some updates and to replay a game, I am willing to fork over some nostalgia dollars for that. Instead we get 1/8th of a fucking game with DLC, butterfinger promos for the dumbest mother fuckers on earth, and maybe the rest of the game finished over the next 20 plus years. Fucking faggots just release a completed game, so I can binge play it for a couple of weekends, while eating unhealthy snacks and pizza.

• 6Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
After playing the demo (which I enjoyed to an extent it just didn’t feel like I was playing FF7) and seeing how much more it’s like ff15 than 7, it makes me feel sad. Glad I picked up the original ff7 for ps4 for $7 on the PS store sale this week. I can play the WHOLE GAME with turn based combat and random battles instead of this reworked stretched out, episodic, cash grab that isn’t truly FF7.

Last edited:

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider

I get what you’re saying, but development of future episodes will already have a full working game engine (that doesn’t need modification because these aren’t sequels, just episodes of the same game), working systems in place, and shit like character models, spell effects, etc that will carry over from game to game. And then getting into the, I guess hopeful, thought that writers and artists could have been working on assets for future episodes while this first episode was getting its programming polish.... there’s no reason* that they aren’t churning out episodes every 18 months.

*other than the fact that no consumer of this game actually wants this episodic release horse shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I'll probably want it faster than it comes, for sure. But if it's quality, I really won't care. Was waiting 18 years for them to even announce a remake.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I get what you’re saying, but development of future episodes will already have a full working game engine (that doesn’t need modification because these aren’t sequels, just episodes of the same game), working systems in place, and shit like character models, spell effects, etc that will carry over from game to game. And then getting into the, I guess hopeful, thought that writers and artists could have been working on assets for future episodes while this first episode was getting its programming polish.... there’s no reason* that they aren’t churning out episodes every 18 months.

*other than the fact that no consumer of this game actually wants this episodic release horse shit.

It's (dev time) not about the engine and art and shit. It's them trying to (supposedly) turn each 15 hour segment of the game into 50-60 hours of content. If there are say, 4 episodes, that's 200+ hours of content, which is more quality content then they've managed to put out in the past 2 decades.

Here's something else to consider. They claim episode 1 has 50-60 hours of content... The original complete game had 50-60 hours of content, right? So, why exactly is the remake episodic again? As Booze said, we just wanted a fucking remake, not remake+++.

Smart company: Makes quality remake of popular old game, game sells extremely well, company decides to remake some other old titles. Makes money hats.

Retarded company: Makes shitty half-assed ( but pretty, gee asian artists rock, duh) sorta remake of popular game but decides to stretch it out for 8-10 fucking years cuz "reasons". Half the fans of the original game die of old age (or corona) before the final episode is released.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just played the demo finally. I'm in love. In on this 100%. Charge me $300 I don't care

• 6Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Merrith

It's (dev time) not about the engine and art and shit. It's them trying to (supposedly) turn each 15 hour segment of the game into 50-60 hours of content. If there are say, 4 episodes, that's 200+ hours of content, which is more quality content then they've managed to put out in the past 2 decades.

Here's something else to consider. They claim episode 1 has 50-60 hours of content... The original complete game had 50-60 hours of content, right? So, why exactly is the remake episodic again? As Booze said, we just wanted a fucking remake, not remake+++.

Smart company: Makes quality remake of popular old game, game sells extremely well, company decides to remake some other old titles. Makes money hats.

Retarded company: Makes shitty half-assed ( but pretty, gee asian artists rock, duh) sorta remake of popular game but decides to stretch it out for 8-10 fucking years cuz "reasons". Half the fans of the original game die of old age (or corona) before the final episode is released.

I don't think they're turning "each 15 hour segment" into more. Midgar was clearly something that could be expanded on and one part of the original that many wanted more of. That doesn't mean Kalm and the Chocobo Ranch will each be extended into 4 hour parts of their own.

I know there are some that wanted just a straight remake, but it's pretty clear the majority favor expanding the story and seeing more. I get that sucks if it's not what you wanted, though.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>

thank you.

Malakriss

Trials of Mana is a middle of the road Dragon Quest-y level remake. While I don't mind the style change going from SNES to that I think more people would prefer FF6 gets either the FF7 treatment or goes the Octopath 2.5D path rather than doing an anime 3D type.

Or to put it broadly, Breath of the Wild style has no place in the FF universe.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I don't think they're turning "each 15 hour segment" into more. Midgar was clearly something that could be expanded on and one part of the original that many wanted more of. That doesn't mean Kalm and the Chocobo Ranch will each be extended into 4 hour parts of their own.

I know there are some that wanted just a straight remake, but it's pretty clear the majority favor expanding the story and seeing more. I get that sucks if it's not what you wanted, though.

But why do you think that? I mean, if they had said "yeah, we wanna flesh out the story a bit and add some more character development, so the game is gonna be in 2 parts, part 2 will come 1 yr later" I could see that. But, it's "episodic" which to me means 3-4 episodes minimum. So, you think that they stretch out Midgar to be 50+ hours, and then just spit out the rest of the game in dlc sized chunks that cost full box price? Ehhhhh...

Merrith

But why do you think that? I mean, if they had said "yeah, we wanna flesh out the story a bit and add some more character development, so the game is gonna be in 2 parts, part 2 will come 1 yr later" I could see that. But, it's "episodic" which to me means 3-4 episodes minimum. So, you think that they stretch out Midgar to be 50+ hours, and then just spit out the rest of the game in dlc sized chunks that cost full box price? Ehhhhh...

No there's plenty of other spots they could expand the story for, I just don't understand the logic of thinking they're just going to try to stretch every little scene out. There's clearly some bigger moments and spots in the game where they could add a whole lot versus others that are more filler, no? Expanding Midgar makes sense, and if you're looking for viable "end points" for the episodes a full Midgar game with an endpoint as you're leaving makes sense. Obviously the Aeris death scene makes sense as another endpoint after you explore the City of the Ancients.

Other stuff would probably depend how many total episodes they're thinking.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Trials of Mana is a middle of the road Dragon Quest-y level remake. While I don't mind the style change going from SNES to that I think more people would prefer FF6 gets either the FF7 treatment or goes the Octopath 2.5D path rather than doing an anime 3D type.

Or to put it broadly, Breath of the Wild style has no place in the FF universe.
The problem is the character design in 6 really would look "weird" in a realistic style. You can see that when they did the cutscenes for the PS version and stuff, it's just pretty dated and the outfits are really kinda weird. I think it'd look better in anime style than more realistic style. It's the same thing with Trials of Mana, the characters would just look really weird in a realistic style, the anime style makes it more acceptable imo.

That said regardless 6 isn't anytime soon, they'd finish 7 before they start another big project probably.

Merrith

I think they could translate 6 to realistic style. If they did Chrono Trigger I'd think that would benefit/need the anime style way more.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think 6 and CT both have a charm about them with their graphical styles that will be completely lost if they're remade

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users