Final Fantasy VII Remake

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think 6 and CT both have a charm about them with their graphical styles that will be completely lost if they're remade

7 does kind of have the weird spot in all the games where at the time, the graphics were a big jump, but they aged the worst out of all of them (at least, parts of it). Some of 7's backgrounds are still gorgeous.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
Hell no!!! They will fuck up the greatest rpg ever made
They will guck up xenogears???

I kid. They'd butcher ff6.

That aside. As for extra content in ff7r. I was hoping for all the stuff that hit the cutting room floor because they ran out of time. Things like the other secret characters, more weapons (the equipable kind), and just expanded things and being able to walk into every building.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
No there's plenty of other spots they could expand the story for, I just don't understand the logic of thinking they're just going to try to stretch every little scene out. There's clearly some bigger moments and spots in the game where they could add a whole lot versus others that are more filler, no? Expanding Midgar makes sense, and if you're looking for viable "end points" for the episodes a full Midgar game with an endpoint as you're leaving makes sense. Obviously the Aeris death scene makes sense as another endpoint after you explore the City of the Ancients.

Other stuff would probably depend how many total episodes they're thinking.

I never said, or even vaguely implied that I was thinking that.

Merrith

I never said, or even vaguely implied that I was thinking that.

It felt like you vaguely implied something similar, at least. I keep seeing the weird thoughts/complaints/predictions about how "Midgar was only like 4-6 hours of the first game, if they're taking just 10% of the first game and making it a whole game, they're going to do how many episodes". What I read from

It's them trying to (supposedly) turn each 15 hour segment of the game into 50-60 hours of content.

it seemed a type of complaint about the same type of idea, just breaking original game up into thirds or quarters and expanding everything for full episodes. Just seems odd to me that people wouldn't logically think Midgar is fairly iconic and much desired by the majority of 7 fans to be THE thing they would expand on first and foremost.

I just highly doubt each episode will be covering even chunks of the original game.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm only mad if they fill up this episodic stuff with WoW quest filler.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It felt like you vaguely implied something similar, at least. I keep seeing the weird thoughts/complaints/predictions about how "Midgar was only like 4-6 hours of the first game, if they're taking just 10% of the first game and making it a whole game, they're going to do how many episodes". What I read from

it seemed a type of complaint about the same type of idea, just breaking original game up into thirds or quarters and expanding everything for full episodes. Just seems odd to me that people wouldn't logically think Midgar is fairly iconic and much desired by the majority of 7 fans to be THE thing they would expand on first and foremost.

I just highly doubt each episode will be covering even chunks of the original game.

It was just an example/guesstimation based on what we've seen and heard so far. They are obviously trying to justify full box price for each episode by adding extra content. Problem is, (as people are saying above) no one wants bullshit filler. As I mentioned before, repeatable sidequests (hunts, bounties, whatever) and silly mini-games is not what I call content and no one asked for it either. Think about it, they can't release Ep 1 with 50ish hours of content for 60 bucks and then turn around and release Ep 2 with 20, for the same price. And if they have to put so much work into filler no one wanted, then there's no damn reason the game couldn't have just been 1 or 2 parts, instead of multiple episodes.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just finished the demo. Definitely cool being back in that world all fleshed out like that. Music is awesome. The cutscenes and enemy designs and animations were cool. Graphics were good but kept having textures pop in and out and blurriness. I’m just on a janky normal ps4 though, so probably will wait til I have a ps5 before I would even consider it.

The combat is a big disappointment. I don’t want to spam a button over and over, switch stances, attempt to time blocks, get interrupted. It was ok for like 15 minutes then I was just annoyed and over it. I wanted the boss battle to just end cause I was sick of it. I really hope the release gives an option for turn based without being the Easy option like it is now. I can’t see myself playing 30+ hours of that spammy action combat.

Just really disappointed after playing it, I really wanted to like it. I know it will sell like crazy and they will just keep the same system sadly. Guess it’ll save me $49x7 game episodes.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

It was just an example/guesstimation based on what we've seen and heard so far. They are obviously trying to justify full box price for each episode by adding extra content. Problem is, (as people are saying above) no one wants bullshit filler. As I mentioned before, repeatable sidequests (hunts, bounties, whatever) and silly mini-games is not what I call content and no one asked for it either. Think about it, they can't release Ep 1 with 50ish hours of content for 60 bucks and then turn around and release Ep 2 with 20, for the same price. And if they have to put so much work into filler no one wanted, then there's no damn reason the game couldn't have just been 1 or 2 parts, instead of multiple episodes.

One thing everyone agrees on is they don't want useless filler. Obviously everyone's definition of that is going to be different, too. But pretty much every game is going to have ~x amount of hours you spend on the main stuff, and ~y you could on side content/maxing everything out (100%ing the game). If each of these episodes gives me at least 25-30 hours of "main" story stuff, I'll be good and feel like I'm actually getting multiple games worth of content rather than just 1 chopped up.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
One thing everyone agrees on is they don't want useless filler. Obviously everyone's definition of that is going to be different, too. But pretty much every game is going to have ~x amount of hours you spend on the main stuff, and ~y you could on side content/maxing everything out (100%ing the game). If each of these episodes gives me at least 25-30 hours of "main" story stuff, I'll be good and feel like I'm actually getting multiple games worth of content rather than just 1 chopped up.

Just one problem with your proposal. The original game already had all the usual amount of filler. So, now you get fillerX2. In every episode.

Edit: Also, I'm done with this topic. Agree to disagree etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Just one problem with your proposal. The original game already had all the usual amount of filler. So, now you get fillerX2. In every episode.

Edit: Also, I'm done with this topic. Agree to disagree etc.

Like I said, everyone has a different definition on what is "filler". But fair, agree to disagree I guess, my main point was I'm not sure how they'll break the episodes up until they know how and where they want to expand/focus the story.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Like I said, everyone has a different definition on what is "filler".
We know literally the entire story. Anything added to extend that story is by definition filler. Don't put quotation marks around it and don't play word games about what it is. I'm okay with paying for it but I'm not delusional.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users