Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malkav

French Madman
I don't really see the point of solo tanking Fae Light. It's not like your OT moving next to you is a DPS loss or anything, and it's not hard either if the OT isn't retarded.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It was mostly during first mist runes where for some reason the boss wouldn't be in the center because you got hit by purple aoe or moved around or whatever, and then seeing people not being able to melee the damn boss cause it's completely off position even though you have like 12seconds to move it properly before you have to stand on your rune(granted they could be meleeing and moving to their rune later too). When you've played a melee with lots of positionals like MNK, it helps a lot to try to understand how to tank with melee uptime in mind and not fuck them over. Same is true the other way, playing tanks gives you good insight on how the boss will reposition after tank swaps or whatever so you can do positionals better during movement. Well until some fuckface decides to rotate the boss for no fucking reason(looking at you shitter tanks on innocence, there's no cleave why are you rotating the boss motherfuckers just stand still).

Anyway yeah it looked about how you'd expect from a learning party, The first pull was hilariously bad too luckily I guess someone actually fixed it, but in the first pull there was a WHM in the melee left spot and the Dragoon was in a corner lol.

Also you can Holmgang the Fae Lights, although I'm not 100% sure how it works on WAR. I think you have to mitigate first so you don't die(vengeance+raw intuition I assume is enough), then holmgang the next 2. Lets you solo tank it this way.
The way you said you would rage, I assumed I was way off position, not 3 pixels. I was still a bit worried about the tank busters coming out, even though I know they're choreographed on a schedule. I'll keep it in mind for future stuff

khorum

Murder Apologist
I don't really see the point of solo tanking Fae Light. It's not like your OT moving next to you is a DPS loss or anything, and it's not hard either if the OT isn't retarded.
NOT splitting the fae light is dumbfuck meta. Especially if one of the tanks is a pld and can bastion+intervention.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The way you said you would rage, I assumed I was way off position, not 3 pixels. I was still a bit worried about the tank busters coming out, even though I know they're choreographed on a schedule. I'll keep it in mind for future stuff
"3pixels".
Desktop Screenshot 2019.07.24 - 17.18.51.68.png
Some of them are way way off position, pic included. Like the boss is literally on a side rune, so neither back or the other side rune can melee without moving off their runes. Shit takes like 3 steps to reposition too, you just drag it back in the center then go back to your rune. There's nothing happening during mist runes either(at least the first one, 2nd one has a phantom rune mixed in that requires some attention, but the boss should be in the middle at that point anyway.

It's minor shit mind you, and overall you did pretty decently for first runs, although MTing is imo the easiest role(not that the other roles are much harder but you don't have to do tethers I guess).

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I' m new to this FFlogs so can someone explain to me why does FFLogs DPS rankings change when you change the percentile from 95% to 75%? Blm is top DPS while others move up and down on rankings.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Paladin can soak the whole thing solo without taking damage, why split it?
Hallowed is 420 secs, he wouldnt be able to soak the next one. Besides unless the tanks are severely undergeared the split damage isn't that terrible to deal with.

Malkav

French Madman
"3pixels". View attachment 216438Some of them are way way off position, pic included. Like the boss is literally on a side rune, so neither back or the other side rune can melee without moving off their runes. Shit takes like 3 steps to reposition too, you just drag it back in the center then go back to your rune. There's nothing happening during mist runes either(at least the first one, 2nd one has a phantom rune mixed in that requires some attention, but the boss should be in the middle at that point anyway.

It's minor shit mind you, and overall you did pretty decently for first runs, although MTing is imo the easiest role(not that the other roles are much harder but you don't have to do tethers I guess).

Now I'm triggered too.

I don't think there is even a reason to move Titania from the center, aside when you have to break tethers. No reason to move her before the first set of Mist Runes, and by the second set she will have moved back to the center by herself and no reason to move her by then either.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I' m new to this FFlogs so can someone explain to me why does FFLogs DPS rankings change when you change the percentile from 95% to 75%? Blm is top DPS while others move up and down on rankings.
Because the higher you select, the more skill people have, so some classes change in ranking depending on their skill ceilling/floor. At the bottom percentile, the dumbest classes do as much DPS because people are fucking awful, at the highest, it's purely the class potential that defines the ranking. If you look at 25th percentile(paint chip eaters), you'll see Machinist is higher than BLM, because BLM requires a modicum of skill to play properly(mostly not moving to do mechanics when you don't have to).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Hell yeah i bet you my ~4 day BLM is that bottom dps slot

I should figure out how to get that dumb dps meter working one of these days lol

edit: on a serious note, that being able to move with ~0.x seconds depending on the cast time advice made a massive difference when i was running dungeons last night lol

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Now I'm triggered too.

I don't think there is even a reason to move Titania from the center, aside when you have to break tethers. No reason to move her before the first set of Mist Runes, and by the second set she will have moved back to the center by herself and no reason to move her by then either.
I don't recall what happened but I just didn't move her back. I'm not flying around the arena doing shit

You only move her to break tethers

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hell yeah i bet you my ~4 day BLM is that bottom dps slot

I should figure out how to get that dumb dps meter working one of these days lol

edit: on a serious note, that being able to move with ~0.x seconds depending on the cast time advice made a massive difference when i was running dungeons last night lol
Tbh at 80 BLM can afford quite a lot of movement, if it's planned. For example on Titania I don't mind doing tethers(and I'm always assigned a number anyway, yesterday one guy whined about it how the BLMs shouldn't do it but I said I didn't care). Depending on where exactly in my rotation I am, I'll throw a Xeno, then Triple cast, then another Xeno or swiftcast, and that'll cover the entire time I'm moving, taking my hit on the tether, waiting for someone to pick it back up and moving back.

When it sucks is when you get random targetted and you're like 25% into the cast. If you finish, you get hit even with slide casting, if you cancel, you basically lose the entire GCD unless you have an instant, but even if you do it might fuck up your Fire IVs count in that phase and shit. And the super suck is when you do that, move, and then as soon as you start casting again you have to MOVE AGAIN. That's when shit tends to get dicey with Enochian and stuff and I'll just panic swiftcast Fire I just to be safe.

But overall the class is a shitton easier to play currently that it was in SB, because of the longer enochian and the 2 charges Xeno(and I guess 30secs Sharp too). It's also a lot more freeform which makes it more interesting. At 70 the rotation was extremely rigid and there were very few changes to it but at 80 with the longer enochian you can weave a lot of shit during your fire phase so you end up with refreshing thunder during fire and shit like that, it's cool.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
People keep squeeing about that E1 phase but I never got into FF8 since Squall is a faggot so I didn't get it. Someone linked this on discord so I guess the squeeing from the FF8 weebs make a little more sense:

I was never a big fan of 8, I've always enjoyed the soundtrack for it.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Tbh at 80 BLM can afford quite a lot of movement, if it's planned. For example on Titania I don't mind doing tethers(and I'm always assigned a number anyway, yesterday one guy whined about it how the BLMs shouldn't do it but I said I didn't care). Depending on where exactly in my rotation I am, I'll throw a Xeno, then Triple cast, then another Xeno or swiftcast, and that'll cover the entire time I'm moving, taking my hit on the tether, waiting for someone to pick it back up and moving back.

When it sucks is when you get random targetted and you're like 25% into the cast. If you finish, you get hit even with slide casting, if you cancel, you basically lose the entire GCD unless you have an instant, but even if you do it might fuck up your Fire IVs count in that phase and shit. And the super suck is when you do that, move, and then as soon as you start casting again you have to MOVE AGAIN. That's when shit tends to get dicey with Enochian and stuff and I'll just panic swiftcast Fire I just to be safe.

But overall the class is a shitton easier to play currently that it was in SB, because of the longer enochian and the 2 charges Xeno(and I guess 30secs Sharp too). It's also a lot more freeform which makes it more interesting. At 70 the rotation was extremely rigid and there were very few changes to it but at 80 with the longer enochian you can weave a lot of shit during your fire phase so you end up with refreshing thunder during fire and shit like that, it's cool.

Yeah i was looking at the different rotations per expansion/levels and 80 seems significantly better than anything previous to it, which is why i made the switch over lol

Nola

Trakanon Raider

This was my major complaint with Blm, the sheer lack of mobility. My dps tanks if I start moving constantly with this job but I'm glad it's gotten much better.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider

The pro strategy is to have your tanks handle the lightning tether by themselves and then share Fae Light. That way you have minimal reliance on retard DPS and healers.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The pro strategy is to have your tanks handle the lightning tether by themselves and then share Fae Light. That way you have minimal reliance on retard DPS and healers.
The issue is very often the OT is the retard. They only have one job basically but they somehow fuck it up consistently.

Almost done farming extreme fights, I did 20kills of Titania and done with that, got PLD/SCH/MNK weapons as drops and bought BLM cause it wasn't dropping, still have 10 tokens for whatever I feel like, and I'm at 14kills of Innocence only but have every accessory besides one of casting/healing/fending/aiming. I'll do one more kill and buy tanking/healing.

After that no real reason to go for these until 5.5/next expansion for mount farming.

I'm about done with my current stuff to do anyway so it'll be a good time to switch back to MHW and farm all the shit I missed since they're doing a big event at the end of the week. I'll finish lvling DRG(79) and maybe RDM(74) but have no interest in savage and I don't want to lvl everything to 80 like I did with SB, want to leave stuff to use the new Deep Dungeon or whatever content they add for leveling later on.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
i finished the post-ARR content tonight, and holy shit! that was like an hour long set of cut scenes. it was amazing!

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
, where would Astros be for savage raiding I wonder. Granted their overall healing and dps are heaps below scholar and whm but a well played Astro could bring enuf dps to the rest of the group it might make them worthwhile? (Ie divination and stacked deck for dps checks n so forth)