Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cybsled

Regarding the punishment thing

Her last line about falling silent forever seems to imply she wasn’t going to continue her existence. She acknowledges that she can’t fix what happened but would at least try to undo the stuff that had caused all the planets to become completely extinct of life

Plus it isn’t MSQ, but if you have gathering leveled I strongly recommend doing the omicron beast tribe quests. It actually serves as a really nice epilogue to Ultima Thule and gives you more insight on the dead civilizations. It also calls into question the nature of Dynamis

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Juvarisx

Florida
EW MSQ done. Fantastic finish. Loved the Zeno fight as an obvious homage to Cloud/Sephiroth fight in FF7.

I'm kind of irked that Meterion doesn't really get punished for all the countless lives/worlds she and her sisters have destroyed.

I'm guessing we got foreshadowed about future expansions - we know New World is coming up and probably future ones in South Isles and Merycydia?

Next Expansion is confirmed "New World" with cities of gold etc. The best way to gauge where the story go is to remember the scene right before the final dungeon.

Emet specific tells you to go to the Bounty, South Seas, Frozen Seas, Mercydia and the reflections. While they could probably make a few expansions on Mercydia, we will just get one and my guess is they will try to get us off world again, as people responded to the alien nature of The First very positively.

There is more that can be said but you need to finish 6.5

Cybsled

Speaking of the next xpac, if it doesn’t feature a golden flying condor aircraft or a solar powered golden boat that shoots solar rays of death from its sail, I’m going to be extremely disappointed

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Speaking of the next xpac, if it doesn’t feature a golden flying condor aircraft or a solar powered golden boat that shoots solar rays of death from its sail, I’m going to be extremely disappointed
I am surprised that the game doesnt do more with airships and such. One of my favorite parts about the old RPG games was how you'd get a new vehicle or something. Phantasy Star 4 with its big ass rover etc.

Cybsled

I mean you get mounts - airships don’t really work gameplay wise except as glorified Freeport boats otherwise

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I am surprised that the game doesnt do more with airships and such. One of my favorite parts about the old RPG games was how you'd get a new vehicle or something. Phantasy Star 4 with its big ass rover etc.

They tried it with the Diadem, before it became the gathering hot spot it is now, it was basically a series of battles(To clear the whole zone for its use as a "resource" hub for the Restoration of Ishgard)

The only way you could access it was via FC Airships, there was a bunch of random loot also and a sword you could get from the final battle that had randomized stats/also was given to a random player...(It was a lot of fun, I'm hoping they do it again for whatever City is being rebuilt next)

• 1Like

Merrith

EW MSQ done. Fantastic finish. Loved the Zeno fight as an obvious homage to Cloud/Sephiroth fight in FF7.

I'm kind of irked that Meterion doesn't really get punished for all the countless lives/worlds she and her sisters have destroyed.

I'm guessing we got foreshadowed about future expansions - we know New World is coming up and probably future ones in South Isles and Merycydia?

There's some who think this next expansion might end up like Stormblood, 2 split destinations in one expac, and that New World and Meracydia might both be in it. I think that's less likely, as it was considered one of the problems with base Stormblood expac how the story was split up and what it did to the pacing of the MSQ. If they don't do it, I'd definitely assume a Meracydia expansion would happen eventually. There's some tie ins to the post 6.0 patch content as well.

Merrith

Btw, London FanFest is on the 21st/22nd. We should get one job reveal and possibly/probably full trailer reveal?

Cybsled

100% the dude that gets off the boat in 6.5 that we only see the legs of is going to be the new job. Since 6.55 will presumably reveal who this person is, good money on we get the job reveal before then. The clover charm is probably the hint for the 2nd job - i don't think the guy who showed up will be the same job.

Then again they kept teasing Zenos job reveal up until the final fanfest, so they might go full troll and not give us any hints via the guy in game.

London won't get the full trailer reveal, that will be the Tokyo one in January. London will presumably get 1 job reveal (with a slightly extended trailer) and some more tidbits about the xpac.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Btw, London FanFest is on the 21st/22nd. We should get one job reveal and possibly/probably full trailer reveal?

ya it'll just be a slightly longer trailer vs what the first FanFest got, they always do it this way although they have been keeping very tight lipped about the jobs at all.. which is odd as we knew about Sage a while before the initial jobs were announced for EW.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
ya it'll just be a slightly longer trailer vs what the first FanFest got, they always do it this way although they have been keeping very tight lipped about the jobs at all.. which is odd as we knew about Sage a while before the initial jobs were announced for EW.
Well it isn't really that they've been keeping tight lipped and more that they changed the class reveal timing from the recent ones. Shadowbringers had the initial class reveal in the first teaser trailer(Gunbreaker, with Thancred showing it, and then they revealed the class in first fan fest) and 2nd in second fanfest. Endwalker was weird because Covid so no fanfest, initial digital fanfest revealed Sage in the trailer(Alphinaud) and then later they revealed Reaper.

But if you look at an even older example, Stormblood, you'll see the same pattern. First fanfest revealed no class, only Yoshi P T-shirt hint(which was a Scarlet Witch T-shirt, which was a hint for Red Mage). The 2nd fanfest they revealed Red Mage, and there was a 2nd T-shirt hint(Spiderman which was referring to the director Sam Raimi > Samurai hint). The final trailer revealed the whole Othard part which had been kept under wraps until then with Shirogane and the main character as a Samurai.

Current T-shirt hint is TMNT which we went over a while ago in this thread. With the theme of the expansion Corsair would be the most likely bet(the TMNT just being turtle, reference to Tortuga). The pattern is interesting because it could also be tied to a larger reveal in terms of the theme of the expansion similar to how Stormblood introduced a whole shift when it revealed Othard. So instead of the whole expansion being just the New World, there could be an additional part tied into it (Meracydia being the usual guess since it's somewhat close and ties into a bunch of the world's lore). No way to know until they reveal more though but the 3rd fanfest might have a lot of stuff, or it could just be more of the same. Delaying the classes does give them something interesting to reveal in the last fanfest if they don't have a secondary location too(first fanfest reveals the expansion location, 2nd the 1st class, 3rd the 2nd class, so it's split somewhat evenly, while if they frontload both the expansion reveal+1st class in first, 3rd kinda has nothing new to reveal).

Goonsquad Officer

my take on it is that all the meteion in the collective melted when defeated. But the one at the end, blue one is the one you spent time with in elpis. She got a lot of morals and humamity the others didn't. She was free of the collective when the emdsinger melted. Kind of like one borg snapping free. She was overpowered in that moment in elpis, monologuing, but she kept dynamus-ing at you to save them.

its kind of interesting that the cold empty vastness of space, reaally does a number on the noodle to everyone who travels it. Midgardsormr, omega, the mataiea,

Chris

Potato del Grande
my take on it is that all the meteion in the collective melted when defeated. But the one at the end, blue one is the one you spent time with in elpis. She got a lot of morals and humamity the others didn't. She was free of the collective when the emdsinger melted. Kind of like one borg snapping free. She was overpowered in that moment in elpis, monologuing, but she kept dynamus-ing at you to save them.

its kind of interesting that the cold empty vastness of space, reaally does a number on the noodle to everyone who travels it. Midgardsormr, omega, the mataiea,
There is one blue Meteion in bird form during the cutscene before the Endsinger fight who begs Endsinger to stop. So I think it's that one who speaks to you at the end.

There are also 3-4 blue Meteions in bird form when you enter Dead Ends, I assume some of them get partially turned back to normal during your party member "deaths" during Ultima Thule, but one turns black again after each boss.

It would make sense that the one you met in Elpis is the one who survives.

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

You DONE done? or done with 6.0 content?

Each sub-patch adds more lore and what not.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well it isn't really that they've been keeping tight lipped and more that they changed the class reveal timing from the recent ones. Shadowbringers had the initial class reveal in the first teaser trailer(Gunbreaker, with Thancred showing it, and then they revealed the class in first fan fest) and 2nd in second fanfest. Endwalker was weird because Covid so no fanfest, initial digital fanfest revealed Sage in the trailer(Alphinaud) and then later they revealed Reaper.

But if you look at an even older example, Stormblood, you'll see the same pattern. First fanfest revealed no class, only Yoshi P T-shirt hint(which was a Scarlet Witch T-shirt, which was a hint for Red Mage). The 2nd fanfest they revealed Red Mage, and there was a 2nd T-shirt hint(Spiderman which was referring to the director Sam Raimi > Samurai hint). The final trailer revealed the whole Othard part which had been kept under wraps until then with Shirogane and the main character as a Samurai.

Current T-shirt hint is TMNT which we went over a while ago in this thread. With the theme of the expansion Corsair would be the most likely bet(the TMNT just being turtle, reference to Tortuga). The pattern is interesting because it could also be tied to a larger reveal in terms of the theme of the expansion similar to how Stormblood introduced a whole shift when it revealed Othard. So instead of the whole expansion being just the New World, there could be an additional part tied into it (Meracydia being the usual guess since it's somewhat close and ties into a bunch of the world's lore). No way to know until they reveal more though but the 3rd fanfest might have a lot of stuff, or it could just be more of the same. Delaying the classes does give them something interesting to reveal in the last fanfest if they don't have a secondary location too(first fanfest reveals the expansion location, 2nd the 1st class, 3rd the 2nd class, so it's split somewhat evenly, while if they frontload both the expansion reveal+1st class in first, 3rd kinda has nothing new to reveal).

I'd be interested to see what they do with Corsair if it comes about. They don't seem to like Buffing-focussed jobs anymore, Bard was pretty heavily stripped back from memory but they couldn't presumably just make it ranged as it'd be too similar to Machinist and the card element of COR in FFXI has pretty much been passed to AST which again has been gutted from its early incarnation.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'd be interested to see what they do with Corsair if it comes about. They don't seem to like Buffing-focussed jobs anymore, Bard was pretty heavily stripped back from memory but they couldn't presumably just make it ranged as it'd be too similar to Machinist and the card element of COR in FFXI has pretty much been passed to AST which again has been gutted from its early incarnation.
Yeah if they make it it'd be very different from FFXI Corsair. I think maybe reverse Red Mage, where you do melee combos then jump back into some pew pew phase. Could have a magic touch to it like water magic or ghost pirate magic(similar to warhammer Vampire Coast stuff with ghost ship firing a volley of cannon fire and stuff like that). But likely no support, just pure DPS with the usual 2mins raid buff kind of thing. As much as I'd like them to diversify their classes a bit, it's a headache to balance properly without making the buffing classes mandatory or worthless, so I think they'll stick to standard. Probably using Scouting dex gear, to finally have something to go with Ninja in that niche.

The clue could be something else entirely, just Corsair looks like such a sure fit for the theme of the expansion that it'd be surprising they went with something else. They also have tons of world building stuff they can re-use(Limsa Lominsa entire setting) so it would absolutely not be out of place either, if anything it's surprising they didn't add it earlier.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Corsair seems like a guaranteed addition. If it isn’t Corsair in name, it will be one in spirit at the very least. Sword+flintlock, with the sword as the focus, makes the most sense since it doesn’t step on machinist

Chris

Potato del Grande
Spellblade, Geomancer and Beastmaster are the main classes left which show up in multiple mainline FF games.

Corsair as a FF11 seems likely true, but the classes above are also in FF11.

Gambler could be interesting, never been in the job system as far as I know but we had Setzer and Cith Sith as gamblers.

Aazrael

This game is tough to play for me. Every job feels cool and I constantly want to switch. My alt-o-holic is bad in this game.

After the Eureka grind the Warrior really grew on me though. So got that job to 90 today after finishing the ARR Relic for it. Immediately started to ponder what job to switch to now... I think the only jobs I never leveled were Monk, Astro and pew pew healer.

I wish they had a Lizard race, Iksar is the only true race for fantasy games. But I did decide to switch it up to Bunny now for a while.

Skärmbild 2023-10-12 204344.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users