Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Skipped through the last Hildebrand quest, cant be bothered to follow that storyline.

The Trial at the end was really hard, granted Im rusty as hell but I died like 20 times lol. The delayed floor nukes felt impossible to remember the order of.

Will buy the last thing for the relic today when I have done a few Roulettes. I hope they make the Dawntrail Relics a bit more Epic than buy 3 stones for Tomestones.
The delayed floors as far as I could tell just go clockwise(maybe counterclockwise sometimes), so you don't really have to remember them, just the direction, then you stand on the edge of 2 zones and move between them.

The relics are definitely boring but on the flipside they let you do any content you want for them which I find nice. Probably could have used more stones to make the steps a bit longer but well. I think maybe next expansion they'll tie it to the new Eureka/Bozja zone they're making like they did for these.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xaivius

Freelance Kwisatz-Haderach
<Gold Donor>
Skipped through the last Hildebrand quest, cant be bothered to follow that storyline.

The Trial at the end was really hard, granted Im rusty as hell but I died like 20 times lol. The delayed floor nukes felt impossible to remember the order of.

Will buy the last thing for the relic today when I have done a few Roulettes. I hope they make the Dawntrail Relics a bit more Epic than buy 3 stones for Tomestones.

The BLM changes in Dawntrail feels like they should make the Job feel a lot better. Always get stressed casting the fire spell to get more Astral Fire. That one going instacast will be real nice.
For Asura's memory mechanic, the key is that she has three zones she can attack in a half-room swing: front half, right half, and left half. She will rotate through these in a clockwise or counter-clockwise direction twice (for a total of six; two identical sets of three), with the trick being remembering that there is no back zone, and Asura locks her facing while the cast is channeled, unlike say O11S Omega and his spinning between cleaves.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For Asura's memory mechanic, the key is that she has three zones she can attack in a half-room swing: front half, right half, and left half. She will rotate through these in a clockwise or counter-clockwise direction twice (for a total of six; two identical sets of three), with the trick being remembering that there is no back zone, and Asura locks her facing while the cast is channeled, unlike say O11S Omega and his spinning between cleaves.
These fights are not really BLM friendly. I get super stressed as my rotation falls off all the time in the fire phase due to having to move every 5 seconds. Triple Cast is nice but does not have infinite usage.

Might just be me not knowing the fights and where you can stand safely for a longer time. But the newer Trials and Dungeons feel even more DDR than before.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You missed some great character animations with your character then, like the Space Jam style slam dunk lol
I have followed most of the Hildebrands but could not get into it this time. They are pretty funny though and a nice sidequest. Figured I check some video of it later.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
How are Samurai/Reaper looking in the new expansion? i made it like 3 quests into endwalker when it first came out but resubbed to play through the story at least.
I'm a little torn if i should stick with Samurai since i have a reaper at 82 as well. Samurai just has too many god damn buttons lol

Palum

what Suineg set it to
How are Samurai/Reaper looking in the new expansion? i made it like 3 quests into endwalker when it first came out but resubbed to play through the story at least.
I'm a little torn if i should stick with Samurai since i have a reaper at 82 as well. Samurai just has too many god damn buttons lol
They all have too many buttons realistically. I'm kinda worried about next expac because of that. Sam was the melee job I've leveled since it came out, but I'm ready to retire it. The core rotation isn't bad but there's so many addons and spenders with variable cool downs it's just kind of a mess. It's also got really annoying parts with AoE.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xaivius

<Gold Donor>
Reaper and Samurai are mostly getting a few refinements and polishing. Reaper is getting a buff to gibbet and gallows off gluttony, a new single-use ogcd during enshroud, and a communio follow-on from Plentiful Havest. Samurai is getting tsubame tied directly to meikyo shisui, tsubame can no longer be used with higanbana (not that anyone did that generally)! ikishoten is getting a second follow-on, and Shoha and Shoha II are getting consolidated into one button. There's also a universal change that will be allowing more follow-on abilities to be optionally consolidated into a single button. Several existing follow-ons are getting the ability to decouple as well. Filler combos will NOT have this as of yet.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They both have the normal amount of buttons though? Which is like about 2 hotbars+a few more with role actions/sprint/potion. That's like every class other than SMN and MCH(and PCT/VPR I guess), or well it's on the lower side with shit like PLD and SCH being closer to 3bars on the opposite side.

And none of the changes in DT add new buttons to them(or most classes really). The new stuff just replace existing buttons. Like on SAM you get a new oGCD after Ishikoten(the cd that gives you 50 gauge) which just replaces the button with a 50 gauge spender so you just use it twice in a row. The 100 skill is a trait that replaces your normal iaijutsus finishers when you use Meikyo Shisui so still the same button. Reaper is the same, the first new skill Sacrificium replaces Gluttony(the 1min cd that gives 2stacks) during Enshroud as a new oGCD. Glutonny will also upgrade your scythe attacks in a stronger version with a new trait(exact same skills just with more potency when you use Gluttony). Lvl 100 skill is a skill that replaces Communio(finisher in Enshroud) that just does an additional finisher.

There's 0 buttons added for either of them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
That's good to hear then, i'll probably swap back to Reaper and see how i like them still since i havent realistically played since EW dropped anyway.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
They both have the normal amount of buttons though? Which is like about 2 hotbars+a few more with role actions/sprint/potion. That's like every class other than SMN and MCH(and PCT/VPR I guess), or well it's on the lower side with shit like PLD and SCH being closer to 3bars on the opposite side.

And none of the changes in DT add new buttons to them(or most classes really). The new stuff just replace existing buttons. Like on SAM you get a new oGCD after Ishikoten(the cd that gives you 50 gauge) which just replaces the button with a 50 gauge spender so you just use it twice in a row. The 100 skill is a trait that replaces your normal iaijutsus finishers when you use Meikyo Shisui so still the same button. Reaper is the same, the first new skill Sacrificium replaces Gluttony(the 1min cd that gives 2stacks) during Enshroud as a new oGCD. Glutonny will also upgrade your scythe attacks in a stronger version with a new trait(exact same skills just with more potency when you use Gluttony). Lvl 100 skill is a skill that replaces Communio(finisher in Enshroud) that just does an additional finisher.

There's 0 buttons added for either of them.
2 hot bars is too much for stuff you press every fight. I'm ok with combos on one button and stuff like that but that whole EQ2 style piano crescendo setup is really annoying.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
2 hot bars is too much for stuff you press every fight. I'm ok with combos on one button and stuff like that but that whole EQ2 style piano crescendo setup is really annoying.
I mean it's been like that since ARR and this expansion is actually better than any previous in that regard since most classes didn't get any additional buttons at all(few exceptions though like SCH getting yet another button but that's the SCH thing). I can see not liking it but it's nothing new and is part of the combat system to compensate for having a 2.5 GCD.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I don't know about Melee DPS but the other jobs have phases they go through, where you only use one part of the hotbar.

Like BLM I have ice setup stuff on L2, fire DPS stuff on R2 and tap R1 to switch hotbar to AoE spells. So I only ever have 8 things to look at.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

EW alone they did a lot of action bar compressing with a bunch of Jobs, now in DT it seems like Scholar is the only class getting a new "button" and only because it's there Seraphim mode.

The only class that is still kind of heavy on the buttons honestly is Ninja, just cause of all the possible combinations they can roll thru they need the buttons. (I know it isn't much now a days as it was back before ShB, but they are still heavy on the buttons.)

Black Mage new skills all seem to replace Leylines/Flare and Thunder Upgrades, I have black mage on basically 2 rows about 5 buttons free'd up alone from the EW updates..

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
EW alone they did a lot of action bar compressing with a bunch of Jobs, now in DT it seems like Scholar is the only class getting a new "button" and only because it's there Seraphim mode.

The only class that is still kind of heavy on the buttons honestly is Ninja, just cause of all the possible combinations they can roll thru they need the buttons. (I know it isn't much now a days as it was back before ShB, but they are still heavy on the buttons.)

Black Mage new skills all seem to replace Leylines/Flare and Thunder Upgrades, I have black mage on basically 2 rows about 5 buttons free'd up alone from the EW updates..
Dancer can't really be condensed because of their combo stuff too, but they are recent enough to not have been given a kajillion buttons in the first place.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’ve been on and off this game over the past two years. Hit 80. Working through post shadowbringers and I swear the dps classes require twice the buttons of a wow class.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I’ve been on and off this game over the past two years. Hit 80. Working through post shadowbringers and I swear the dps classes require twice the buttons of a wow class.
Yep it's annoying. Some classes are way better than others though. New ones and recent reworks tend to be more tame on that end.

Juvarisx

Florida
Yep it's annoying. Some classes are way better than others though. New ones and recent reworks tend to be more tame on that end.

I think they said they are turning some of the combos into one button instead of three when dawntrail hits. So ability becomes something else instead of doing the keyboard piano.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I think they said they are turning some of the combos into one button instead of three when dawntrail hits. So ability becomes something else instead of doing the keyboard piano.
Yea but as I recalled someone posted that they're not doing it on all combos only certain ones which basically means it's not really impacting a lot?

• 1Like

xaivius

<Gold Donor>
Yea but as I recalled someone posted that they're not doing it on all combos only certain ones which basically means it's not really impacting a lot?
The chain-action stuff will be for nonfiller follow-ons, ie Pitch Perfect, Ikishoten, Scorch, etc. They've implied further abilities will likely be 'stacked' in this manner in future expansions to provide increased complexity while reducing hotbar real estate requirements. Devs have tentatively stated encounter and scenario design are getting a balancing pass in 7.2, followed by a job identity and mechanics pass in the 8.0+ timeframe. Several vocal people on the official forums have taken this as "Yoshi P lied and nothing will change riotriotriot", which has been an amusing distraction.