Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The final boss has that one mechanic where they throw like a dozen attacks and aoes at you at once and you have to scatter and also gather. That will be nightmare fuel on extreme

Chysamere

FF14 Free Company Master
<WoW Guild Officer>
1720552397142.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Did Tender Valley two more times. For fucks sake, why was that not the zone?

Drab sparce desert and boring lake vs cactus forest, grand canyon and cliff ruins.

Several dungeons are better versions of the zones actually. ARR had better zone variety.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
Sorry, think I wasn't clear enough. EX Roulette, or EXDR is what we call the expert duty roulette in my FC. The end game dungeons. Yeah, the extremes won't be on the roulette for the common person, but the expert dungeons will be. And that is what I question about. When we start seeing more of the 'friends and family' players who get there and they start wanting to do their expert duty roulette for the tomes I wonder how it will be received.

Chysamere

FF14 Free Company Master
<WoW Guild Officer>
Play without the videos =p

I would, if I had a static. I'm not going into PF without at least glancing at a vid first.

Sorry, think I wasn't clear enough. EX Roulette, or EXDR is what we call the expert duty roulette in my FC. The end game dungeons. Yeah, the extremes won't be on the roulette for the common person, but the expert dungeons will be. And that is what I question about. When we start seeing more of the 'friends and family' players who get there and they start wanting to do their expert duty roulette for the tomes I wonder how it will be received.

Oh yeah Expert roulette, hoy boy. Good thing I play warrior and can technically solo all the instances!

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

It will be fine - right now people have the lowest tier gear for the entire xpac. Better gear will allow more buffer vs. wipes, people will learn the mechanics, etc

Chysamere isn't joking either - my group wiped on Cactar boss at 25% except tank. Tank soloed the rest of the fight lol

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Man fuck waiting for snake boss fate - it’s Chi all over again

Mount you get is the Capybara/Guinea Pig looking mount

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Anyone playing AST? I’ve got SGE and BLM leveled up. Both my buddies who are healers are playing SCH though, so I need to get a regen healer leveled up.

I am only 92, have just done a handful of dungeons so far. I like the new draw and play mechanics. Too often before I found myself not drawing my cards on cooldown, or even hyper focusing on the cards to the detriment of my dps. Often I’d draw a card, reroll it, play it, and not be nuking in between that stuff. I know those moves are oGCD and should be done between casts, so I knew I was playing inefficiently.

Now, drawing all the cards at once, and knowing which dps card I’ll be pulling; makes it a bit less hectic all the time. Not really sure about the other cards, they all seem tank focused, and I just kinda toss them on the tank sometime during the minute before I do the next draw. I’m sure as I get more accustomed to it I’ll get better at throwing the shield, regen, and mitigation cards at appropriate times.

I will say, coming from having played a lot of sage recently, AST is so vastly different. SGE you’re just dpsing constantly and virtually all the healing is done oGCD. Takes some getting used to moving back to AST, there’s just so much going on with the job.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Man fuck waiting for snake boss fate - it’s Chi all over again

Mount you get is the Capybara/Guinea Pig looking mount
I don't know if it's used in other DCs but in EU we have Faloop hunt discord/website that basically tracks that shit and send you discord alerts when it's reported, I got it done like 2nd day I was 100, just have to be fast with server switching cause it gets congested easily and ppl have been very trigger happy on early pulls(at least when I was doing it ppl would pull at like 25mins instead of 20mins so I missed a couple of kills). I see ppl afking in the zones doing the same "Chi in 5minutes for real this time" as last expansion but unless you're farming shared FATE count in the zone there's no real reason to do that.

As a side note I guess I remembered leveling classes being a 2weeks affair wrong, granted if I played more I could have but we're about to hit 2nd week and I still only have a few classes capped. I've been spreading levels more this expansion for efficiency but still pretty far, I expect I'll need at least a week and a half to be done, probably closer to 2 weeks.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Anyone playing AST? I’ve got SGE and BLM leveled up. Both my buddies who are healers are playing SCH though, so I need to get a regen healer leveled up.

I am only 92, have just done a handful of dungeons so far. I like the new draw and play mechanics. Too often before I found myself not drawing my cards on cooldown, or even hyper focusing on the cards to the detriment of my dps. Often I’d draw a card, reroll it, play it, and not be nuking in between that stuff. I know those moves are oGCD and should be done between casts, so I knew I was playing inefficiently.

Now, drawing all the cards at once, and knowing which dps card I’ll be pulling; makes it a bit less hectic all the time. Not really sure about the other cards, they all seem tank focused, and I just kinda toss them on the tank sometime during the minute before I do the next draw. I’m sure as I get more accustomed to it I’ll get better at throwing the shield, regen, and mitigation cards at appropriate times.

I will say, coming from having played a lot of sage recently, AST is so vastly different. SGE you’re just dpsing constantly and virtually all the healing is done oGCD. Takes some getting used to moving back to AST, there’s just so much going on with the job.
I played AST briefly so far. It's a lot of oGCDs now, and it should be exactly like SGE(and SCH) where every GCD is a damage one pretty much, there's aspected benefic but honestly from the time I played the class I felt it wasn't needed anymore(unless doing low lvl content obviously). You can easily keep the tank up with the new cards, the big bubble and the other oGCDs. The only "GCD heal" I cast was Macrocosmos, since it's also dmg(although it is a DPS loss, I think they might buff that in the next patch I forgot if it was mentionned, but it's like 20potency lost). Only time you'd GCD heal would be in the later dungeons/harder content when you need strong aoe healing where you can use horoscope+neutral sect and then do some aoe heals with shield+regen+horoscope proc kind of thing. But in the low dungeons there was no need for it.

For the new cards I don't dislike it, but I also feel a lot of the cards are kinda throwaway stuff. I get the idea they had to group them so you don't have to remember each individual card like in HW and instead just know that Play II is tank cards(bole for mit like the old days, the other one for healing increased which feels a lot more worthless) and Play III is for small "heal" with the regen or the shield. The problem is those heals are so small they're often not super useful for spot healing so you just throw them on the tank for free heals, and while Bole is great as an additional tank mit, the other one isn't nearly as strong(it should also give 10% hp+heal that amount, like the SCH protraction, or maybe make it 5% instead but something).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Hmm, I’ll have to try tonight to do less GCD healing. I have typically relied on Aspected Benefic and Aspected Helios for healing the tank. I’ll try leaning into the oGCD moves a bit more this evening and see how it goes.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't know if it's used in other DCs but in EU we have Faloop hunt discord/website that basically tracks that shit and send you discord alerts when it's reported, I got it done like 2nd day I was 100, just have to be fast with server switching cause it gets congested easily and ppl have been very trigger happy on early pulls(at least when I was doing it ppl would pull at like 25mins instead of 20mins so I missed a couple of kills). I see ppl afking in the zones doing the same "Chi in 5minutes for real this time" as last expansion but unless you're farming shared FATE count in the zone there's no real reason to do that.

As a side note I guess I remembered leveling classes being a 2weeks affair wrong, granted if I played more I could have but we're about to hit 2nd week and I still only have a few classes capped. I've been spreading levels more this expansion for efficiency but still pretty far, I expect I'll need at least a week and a half to be done, probably closer to 2 weeks.

Might work for some other servers, on Gilg we've literally had like 400 people just sitting in whichever instance most likely to spawn in, and it locks at a certain number of players so you can't get in as everyone rushes after it pings on Faloop.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Might work for some other servers, on Gilg we've literally had like 400 people just sitting in whichever instance most likely to spawn in, and it locks at a certain number of players so you can't get in as everyone rushes after it pings on Faloop.
Yeah but you can move to other servers when it spawns there. I didn't kill it on my own server once, only on other servers in my DC(well I got the squirrel once after I already had enough mats cause it was up when I went to do some FATEs there). Can't DC travel but still can world travel within the DC.

Chysamere

FF14 Free Company Master
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah but you can move to other servers when it spawns there. I didn't kill it on my own server once, only on other servers in my DC(well I got the squirrel once after I already had enough mats cause it was up when I went to do some FATEs there). Can't DC travel but still can world travel within the DC.

If you leave Gilgamesh at any time during the day you are strongly risking being locked out and not being able to come back.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

The "Greg" wall is a thing and has been for the last few expansions. just kind of a thing we're used to at this point

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got Extreme 1 down as Tank, fucking hell that felt so much longer than the Endwalker ones.

Paladin Weapon on first try, so on to Extreme 2 farming then I guess Raid midweek?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Got Valigarmanda Extreme down as Tank, fucking hell that felt so much longer than the Endwalker ones.

Paladin Weapon on first try, so on to Everkeep farming then I guess Arcardion midweek?

Arcardion is the Raid series for DT , we are still a long ways away from the first "Circle" being released.

Guess thats what I get for being so busy, releases patch night.