Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Yes we call such bosses "Proof that the gods hate Black Mages"
Everyone hates black mages. So so so so so few good ones in duty finder. Every time ones in the party I just think 'well there's a wasted slot". But every once in a blue moon you get that one that just slaps.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yes we call such bosses "Proof that the gods hate Black Mages"
I've leveled BLM and it really wasn't so bad, provided as usual that you know what's coming. Like the vanguard boss that vomits line aoes or does the spinning aoe with barriers it's just a matter of pooling triple cast/xeno for these phases specifically, especially once you get to 98 and get the 3rd stack of xeno, you can run around spamming instants for a long time and then you just pool them back for the next phase.

That said BLM was still way more annoying than it should be compared to PCT and I wouldn't recommend anyone play it until they buff the potency either.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I've leveled BLM and it really wasn't so bad, provided as usual that you know what's coming. Like the vanguard boss that vomits line aoes or does the spinning aoe with barriers it's just a matter of pooling triple cast/xeno for these phases specifically, especially once you get to 98 and get the 3rd stack of xeno, you can run around spamming instants for a long time and then you just pool them back for the next phase.

That said BLM was still way more annoying than it should be compared to PCT and I wouldn't recommend anyone play it until they buff the potency either.
Yeah did it as RDM and it was fine, felt great jumping back and forth for the two sets of line aoes with a movement check at the end.

Bosses seem to have a lot more HP than usual so while I was happy soloing bosses as a Tank in lv90 places like The Dead Ends, lv100 stuff I'd just rather reset as it's faster.

Struggling to get the motivation to level any other magic DPS, RDM instant raise spam is just too good. I know it's a crutch irrelevant to clearing harder content but it's great for learning.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm only level 97 or something, taking it real slow as I got distracted by other games.

I feel BLM is better then it ever has been to play. Lots of instacasts now and auto procs etc. Granted I don't play in any "hardcore" mindset at all. The last Extreme Trial I did was Titania. But I'm too fucking old to beat my dick in the wall for hours to complete hard version raids, I just don't find that fun.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So cleared the raid quickly since servers came up an hour early, really love the fights. The first fight started fucking dumb as shit I was rolling my eyes already, it goes something like raid wide, left/right shiny arm, left/right shiny arm again, then pizza slices left/right twice to begin, was like wtf are they even doing, but then it picks up and throw new mechanics at you and shit. Then the other fights have a lot of stuff going on with bunch of movement and quick thinking. Each fight has its own arena and music too and the music was great so overall it was really nice. I got all my gear first run though so probably won't run again until next week but well enjoyed it, the savage versions should be pretty interesting.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
The gear looks like shit? Not logged in but seen on YouTube.

It's more like the lv98 zone gimp gear than the lv97 dungeon cool gear.

Chysamere

FF14 Free Company Master
<WoW Guild Officer>
Should I be worried or what?

1721147130484.png

• 3Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"Black Mages have some concerns with mana regen during ice phase given the new xpac changes and people wanted to know if... *slaps level 35 tag on Umbral Soul* ...well okay then."

Aside from Monk guessing they don't want to tweak anything for 2 more weeks without normal raid data.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
"Black Mages have some concerns with mana regen during ice phase given the new xpac changes and people wanted to know if... *slaps level 35 tag on Umbral Soul* ...well okay then."

Aside from Monk guessing they don't want to tweak anything for 2 more weeks without normal raid data.
This patch was never going to be much more than a few bandaid fixes they had already announced that(although PCT changes to make it impossible to remove the rotation buffs didn't make it in it looks like but that's kinda whatever), if anything the MNK changes are surprising but I guess they want to see numbers on that asap so they can tweak it. Savage patch is where the balance actually hapens.

MNK changes are interesting, changing it back to the old rotation system. They also fixed the dumb as fuck raw dragon kick every bootshine thing they fucked up, and buffed low lvl potencies so dk/boot only isn't the best rotation, so that's nice.

Chysamere

FF14 Free Company Master
<WoW Guild Officer>
Popping instantly as healer. Weirdly I only feel comfortable doing extremes trials as tank and raids as healer.

What a great first fight, the glass mechanic is really creative and kept killing retards.

Mine popped instantly too. That's not the problem. Look more carefully :)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Mine popped instantly too. That's not the problem. Look more carefully :)
Yeah this fight was the only one I wiped on, and even the kill was pretty sketchy with healer LB3 and shit. There's a lot of stuff going on, and some isn't very obvious to dodge(like when there's all the line aoes and you have to both look at the visuals on your side but also across the arena. Was fun though, and Expedience shines a lot in this fight. Really in all of this raid, there's a lot of group movement shit, best button.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
In the next tier, Thancred needs to jump in the ring with a steel chair and stun the boss

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Don't you mean Wut Lamat?

Wuk Lamat is going to get the post SB Lyse treatment - mark my words. Even the JP players are complaining about the character and JP Wuk Lamat was a much better VA performance.

I hope they actually don’t forget about Shale in the post patches. She can fill expert role for Electrope (which our regular team lacks) and we’ll have a cute elf hacker/net runner on the team

Then again, they ignore the cute elf side characters. Hilda still forgotten in Ishgard outside a cameo in a role quest lol

Chris

Potato del Grande
OK I take it back, the healer chest for the raid gear is actually pretty good even without dye.

Screenshot_20240716-232347_PSPlay.jpg

I totally didn't spend 15 minutes looking for matching panties.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user