Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Dear god, I'm only to the western place right now and it's still gay and boring.

Someone said "Soon" it becomes interesting but HOLY SHIT this story is bad. It's been so bland and boring that I've only been able to handle the MSQ a little bit at a time before I'm ranting at how bad it is now.

It's not just the themes being stupid but the dialogue and predictability (or in some cases the absurd out of character moments..) of things is also so incredibly stupid.

---

I've been goin deep on the addons front and I'm just debating using vnav and Questionable to just do the MSQ for me completely and just writing off this expansion in it's totality.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Dear god, I'm only to the western place right now and it's still gay and boring.

Someone said "Soon" it becomes interesting but HOLY SHIT this story is bad. It's been so bland and boring that I've only been able to handle the MSQ a little bit at a time before I'm ranting at how bad it is now.

It's not just the themes being stupid but the dialogue and predictability (or in some cases the absurd out of character moments..) of things is also so incredibly stupid.

---

I've been goin deep on the addons front and I'm just debating using vnav and Questionable to just do the MSQ for me completely and just writing off this expansion in it's totality.
It isn't the greatest MSQ, but they leave open opportunities to do more with what you discover.

I feel this current MSQ is part 1 of DT.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Any word on when the patch is and what's in it? WoW is actually holding my attention and is better than FF14 again.

---

There's one good zone and it's the next one for you, skip until you get to the train station.

Cowboy zone, I like the music, but it's just a very bland zone design - story and zone both are the worst in the game. The associated endgame dungeon has everything this zone should have been.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There is a live letter this week, so presumably they will discuss the upcoming patch and confirm the release date which presumably will be early/mid Day October

So we know 24 man alliance raid will be in, Hildibrand will probably be in Nov/Dec. Less clear if new relic stuff will start then or later - it sounds like they will have a Bozja-like zone but tbd when it releases

MSQ I suspect will still involve Wuk Lamat - .2 is when we will probably see her get the Lyse treatment and MSQ will start to pivot more towards the next arc

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Any word on when the patch is and what's in it? WoW is actually holding my attention and is better than FF14 again.

There's one good zone and it's the next one for you, skip until you get to the train station.

Cowboy zone, I like the music, but it's just a very bland zone design - story and zone both are the worst in the game. The associated endgame dungeon has everything this zone should have been.

There is a live letter at the end of this month, usually means the next patch will be with-in 2 weeks(baring any complications)

But Oracle of Darkness Ultimate, Sphene(EX), and the First series in the FFXI Raids, and start of next Story(whichever way they are going with it) comes with it.

things we don't know about new Relics , garlemald restoration, Savage 24 man raids, Planetary Exploration(New ver. sanctuary stuff)

Last edited:

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pretty sure Mr Happy had a date pinned down for 7.1 but can't find where he said it. Expect early-mid November, though.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Maybe, although live letter a month and a half before patch drop seems like a pretty big gap. I would suspect late October at the most