Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I'll meet you guys half way, I need to buy pants first to replace Toxotes, but I'll +1 after that and be a faggot looking bard like everyone else.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
I really think this game sucks at marketing its own shit sometimes. Biggest fuckup they've had in this patch is calling the new versions of Copperbell/Manor "hard modes". They aren't fucking hard modes. They're entirely new instances design wise that happen to reuse the environment and mob models. It's entirely different than the WoW concept of hard modes which consists of mailing it in with the exact same instance + higher numbers. Both places are really fun to go through, even if they're on the easier side now.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
This was a pretty hefty patch. I play a decent amount and all I've done so far is the extremes, ultima, king Moogle once, and ct like twice. Haven't touched the hardmodes, or even checked out housing of Pvp yet, let alone started repeating/grinding shit to any significant degree(minus Garuda, fuck that mount won't drop).

Not three months of content by any means, but I'd say a solid month or two for most before boredom sets in, and then according to their timeline it's just another couple months till the next update.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Everyone is expecting late March or April for the next patch, probably combined with PS4 release. Right now it's simply an RNG battle to tweak stat maxing between coil drops and primal accessories. We have some people with 2-3 allagan weapons and others that haven't gotten any (think 6 book drops in a row for one group). Still not a full time game by any measurement, spend most of your time waiting for a group to form or in a DF queue while doing other things. Once you're at the top level there's nothing to do in open world.

They really need to remove level sync and full group requirements for dungeons. A lot more people would run them solo or duo for drops in preparation of Vanity in 2.2

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I really think this game sucks at marketing its own shit sometimes. Biggest fuckup they've had in this patch is calling the new versions of Copperbell/Manor "hard modes". They aren't fucking hard modes. They're entirely new instances design wise that happen to reuse the environment and mob models.
I don't remember Copperbell normal very well, but Haukke hard is the same instance, just upstairs. It makes sense to call it a hard mode, but they could have also called it the upper levels or some shit. In any case it's kind of a silly thing to get upset about, don't you think? They are definitely hard if you didn't out gear them at release.

Draynar_sl

shitlord
I think he's mad that people think they're being lazy on instance dungeons when in fact they are going above and beyond with basically brand new dungeons set in same themed location.

(How often do we honestly get to complain that devs are UNDER selling a patch? Nice change there)

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I think what they did is fine. The "hard" modes are easy, but most of us outgeared them by a large margin anyway, so why wouldn't they be?

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
The patch may have a lot of content but there isn't much to do for people already wearing i90 other than run everything once just to see it then farm a bit of extreme primals.

Yes they added a bunch of new dungeons (Siren is great fun) but the fact that they drop stuff worse than what everyone is already wearing makes them almost pointless.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
I think he's mad that people think they're being lazy on instance dungeons when in fact they are going above and beyond with basically brand new dungeons set in same themed location.

(How often do we honestly get to complain that devs are UNDER selling a patch? Nice change there)
Yep, this. Even though the environment is the same, all the monster behavior and boss fights are different. 1000% different, not slight alterations. That's not what people think when they think about hard modes. When people think hard mode, they think unforgiving numbers-based changes ala TBC WoW. The FFXIV hard modes are awesome by comparison.

Sythrak_sl

shitlord
The patch may have a lot of content but there isn't much to do for people already wearing i90 other than run everything once just to see it then farm a bit of extreme primals.

Yes they added a bunch of new dungeons (Siren is great fun) but the fact that they drop stuff worse than what everyone is already wearing makes them almost pointless.
This. You're actually doing yourself a disservice unlocking the dungeons if you use roulette regularly. You could just do AK or WP + the 40 myth bonus. Even shitty groups can usually handle those 2 dungeons, the others can be a toss up.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
This. You're actually doing yourself a disservice unlocking the dungeons if you use roulette regularly. You could just do AK or WP + the 40 myth bonus. Even shitty groups can usually handle those 2 dungeons, the others can be a toss up.
Manor and Mines are fine honestly. It's Pharos Sirius unlocking that would be strongly advised against.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I really hope the PS4 version of this game can process something similar to the PC.. because the PS3 version is pretty damn awful.
I would attempt to do some fates and couldn't see half the NPCs or anything on it. Which made it suck trying to play the game with the girlfriend when i didn't have access to my PC lol

I'm definitely going to come back once that is out though, the fact that you can do shit on the Vita intrigues me.

I'll most likely drop the Paladin and continue as my white mage, or go back and get Warrior unlocked though

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
The primals EX weapons are a nice and sometimes better alternative to +1's also.
No doubt. I'd give my left arm to have that warrior axe right now for the accuracy alone, but my group hasn't managed to down Garuda EX yet, let alone the other two. Derp.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rank 8 FC perk is allowing two different buffs active at the same time in addition to the % increases from mark II buffs.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
Twintania actually isn't all that hard at all. Dropped it on the second night of attempts with my new group. Just feels like a competency check where the game punishes you for having any mongoloids in your group. Also ended up with some serious loot karma, getting Allagan Cane on the first kill.