Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I86 scholar/whm/pld here. Just need to convince my fc to jump ship to a new server, adamantoise is just so dead

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I was looking for you last night! We havent caught up since big hurt got into the hall. I found all of my old cards of his, took a pic of some for you.
No problem, we do need to catch up. I was just on for the 45 min or whatever to knock out the BC run that got delayed until Tuesday. Beginning of the year has been busy at work but might relax this weekend and put in some hours to goof off.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hear that, I cant really do much other than the quick raids every week and sometimes nonsense with my RL buddies on weekends like crystal tower.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
PYqIcyE.jpg

though this was hilarious and awesome

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
When do you ever need more than 7 other people around?
What makes you think there are 7 other people around?
Half the time I'm one of two or three people online, and pf'ing with randoms that are learning the fight new gets tiresome after a while.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Haven't logged in since early December. Between two weeks of vacation and the holidays I just lost interest. The new stuff worth seeing? All my trades are maxxed and i think they added some crafting stuff too? My monk is about half BIS prior to any new items but my fc replaced me and not sure I care enough to try pugging on Excalibur again. If anyone wants a monk with around 4mil and decent gear let me know!

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
After almost a week of attempting to use one of the worst support interfaces in existence, I finally got my gil restored. Only problem is, SE also wiped out my myth/coil/CT items for the week whilst retaining the caps in place. Since I didn't have much gil anyway, I've actually come off worse by losing an entire week of progression. Joy.

EvilLurker_sl

shitlord
I'm still enjoying the game a lot, mostly because the graphics and music are top notch, definitely better than any mmo I've yet played
What am I doing wrong?? I just bought this, and while not ugly, the graphics is definately NOT top notch. I just played GW2 for a few weeks (duo PvE) and they are worlds part - in favor of GW2. And I have a better FPS in GW2. I even checked if I bought the wrong game, FF XIV looks that dated. Something is amiss!

Edit: I tried another starting area (not in the forest) and here I get good FPS. Makes it look a lot better. Except from lighting being a little flat it looks pretty good here. I'd still say GW2 is way prettier though.

Another Q: What classes should me and the wife pick for a fun duo? Thanks!

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
What am I doing wrong?? I just bought this, and while not ugly, the graphics is definately NOT top notch. I just played GW2 for a few weeks (duo PvE) and they are worlds part - in favor of GW2. And I have a better FPS in GW2. I even checked if I bought the wrong game, FF XIV looks that dated. Something is amiss!

Edit: I tried another starting area (not in the forest) and here I get good FPS. Makes it look a lot better. Except from lighting being a little flat it looks pretty good here. I'd still say GW2 is way prettier though.
Were you one of those people that thought WoW had shit graphics back in the day? FFXIV's graphical appeal comes less from raw engine power (it's still made for PS3), and more from it's incredibly well done art direction and style. Saying you prefer GW2 graphics to FFXIV reminds me a lot of people who'd say silly things like, "EQ2 has better graphics than WoW." EQ2 had more raw graphical power than WoW back in the day, but WoW had much better overall graphical presentation due to a far higher caliber of art direction behind it.

Another Q: What classes should me and the wife pick for a fun duo? Thanks!
Make sure someone picks a tank unless you enjoy queue waits.

EvilLurker_sl

shitlord
Were you one of those people that thought WoW had shit graphics back in the day? FFXIV's graphical appeal comes less from raw engine power (it's still made for PS3), and more from it's incredibly well done art direction and style. Saying you prefer GW2 graphics to FFXIV reminds me a lot of people who'd say silly things like, "EQ2 has better graphics than WoW." EQ2 had more raw graphical power than WoW back in the day, but WoW had much better overall graphical presentation due to a far higher caliber of art direction behind it.

Make sure someone picks a tank unless you enjoy queue waits.
No, on the contrary, I love WoW's graphics. I too heard people say EQ2 looked much better and that is just plain silly. But FF XIV looks much better now that it is running smoothly, I really like the look. Low fps (< 30-40) makes everything look like crap to me.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Haven't logged in since early December. Between two weeks of vacation and the holidays I just lost interest. The new stuff worth seeing? All my trades are maxxed and i think they added some crafting stuff too? My monk is about half BIS prior to any new items but my fc replaced me and not sure I care enough to try pugging on Excalibur again. If anyone wants a monk with around 4mil and decent gear let me know!
If your sub is still active, yeah check it out.

Solo - Try PVP'ing, the new random duty finders, the new dungeons, Crystal Tower.
Group - There is a bunch of new high level content: Extreme Primals, Ultima HM, Moogle King. There is also a nice party finder board to form groups locally on your server. Makes pugging a lot smoother if you dont want to dutyfind.

Not really anything new with crafting other than some new furniture recipes for housing and crafted PVP gear.

Also wanted to mention, the FF14 party finder tool is probably the best LFG tool I've seen done in any MMO, ever.
If you want to handcraft pug groups/raids, it has options to restrict joining by ilvl, class restrictions, instance selection, group atmosphere type, and adding a custom comment.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well fuck me, caster pants dropped tonight so now we've only never seen a caster belt ever. But that's okay, because there's still the 3 tank helms and 5 caster necks from 10 twin kills that everyone bitches about.

Ferr_sl

shitlord
We finally got something that wasnt a war axe tonight. Valos got fists or w/e, but still no tank chest/caster gloves/pants

Also, not sure who the fuck designed an "end boss" loot table itemized with shit like rings/necks anyway. Killing twin for the week and seeing a caster neck/bard ring/drg bracer really just should not be. Maybe its because their all so shitty, but I'm pretty sure my blm alt got our first caster neck because no one wanted it - sucks.

Anyway I'm not sure what happened here. My group was so active before our twin kill. We wiped our 100x or whatever and when we finally had her on farm people just stopped wanting to play more than an hour a week. Squares completely fucking nonexistant progression model is probably to blame. Gotta love killing an endboss for marginal upgrades and rot loot, followed by new content with alt loot, downgrades, sidegrades and more alt loot. Makes those 50 hours of wipes seem worth the effort!