Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
We got scholar book one week, but now our scholar is going off to an oil rig to most likely get raped by burly men.

Vinen

God is dead
Well fuck me, caster pants dropped tonight so now we've only never seen a caster belt ever. But that's okay, because there's still the 3 tank helms and 5 caster necks from 10 twin kills that everyone bitches about.
I got Caster Belt & Caster Pants last night. Was like o_O

We had no other caster in our party so it was loot city. Just need damn ring off Garuda for i90 since I ain't wasting tokens on it.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Also, disappointed as hell by today's patch notes. The sheer amount of "x was re-tuned because of PvP" is enough to make me want to heave.

Draynar_sl

shitlord
Also, disappointed as hell by today's patch notes. The sheer amount of "x was re-tuned because of PvP" is enough to make me want to heave.
You mean two skills that were too strong in pve as well if anything was healing a mob? Everything else was pvp only and had no effect on pve.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Anyway I'm not sure what happened here. My group was so active before our twin kill. We wiped our 100x or whatever and when we finally had her on farm people just stopped wanting to play more than an hour a week. Squares completely fucking nonexistant progression model is probably to blame. Gotta love killing an endboss for marginal upgrades and rot loot, followed by new content with alt loot, downgrades, sidegrades and more alt loot. Makes those 50 hours of wipes seem worth the effort!
Just what you said, nonexistant progression model. Even marginal improvements would be something to work towards.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
FFXIV really isn't geared to be a "play 24/7 all day err day err month" game. For people who don't like repeating things or doing things for alts, I'd highly recommend just playing the game once every two content patches for a month or two instead. For reference, a list of content that'll be out in late Feb/Early March contrasted with release:

Coil Turns 6-10

Crystal Tower

Pharos Sirius, Copperbell HM, Manor HM, Ruins of Ampador (5 mans)

XM Garuda/Titan/Ifrit

King Moggle Mog normal/XM, Leviathan normal/hard/XM, Gilgamesh normal/XM

Extensive main storyline extension (both 2.1's line, 2.2's line + CT quests)

PvP system

Variety of improvements across the board to nagging issues (ie: warrior buffs, dungeon XP, client rate update fixes, etc)

Lots of reasons for people who quit back in October to pick the game up again come 2.2 imo.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
You mean two skills that were too strong in pve as well if anything was healing a mob? Everything else was pvp only and had no effect on pve.
So, let's welcome it when they nerf all the things, then? I have no idea why you think those skills were "too strong".

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
What if we dont want to grind ? I'm fine with only spending an hour a week raiding, to me this is perfect and keeps the peace with a non gaming chick. I can raid Mondays for an hour and then casually eat shit or sell EM's & Twin the rest of the week or not play at all.

I dont think they meant for the primals to be end game. They weren't put in as content meant to be tougher than BC. They wanted it to be an alternative for people to do more with lower iLVL gear. Most guilds downed the EM's within hours on on that patch day.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
2.16 coming Feb. 22 for the PS4 beta with a bunch of stuff.
2.2 coming in March with Leviathan H/EM - showed some Leviathan barding, looked awesome

New primals will be coming with every patch after 2.2

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Highlights from Live letter:

- Hydra and Chimaera will go on Duty Finder in 2.16 (Feb 22)

- 2.2 is currently slated for March
- Coil Turn 1-5 are required clearing to enter 6-9, and will be put on Duty Finder; weekly restriction will be gone
- Brayflox and Halatali hard modes added
- Amdapor Township is "hardest dungeon yet".
- Leviathan starts as Hard (story) and Extreme -- no new Egi until the level cap is bumped
- Thornmarch/Moggle Mog XII (Extreme) added
- New Allagan currency, no word on lifting the Myth cap
- More gear, including a Leviathan Choco-barding
- 'Advanced' crafting recipes
- New "fishing challenges"

PS4
- PS4 CE gets a Fat Chocobo mount and Wind-Up Moogle in addition to the other CE rewards; other CE owners will get them when PS4 launches
- PS4 beta starts Feb 22/2.16 release, is for all regions; signup details on the PS4 site
- PS4 release targeted for April 14; preorders start Jan 27 (Monday!)

Pictures:
2.16 overview:http://i.imgur.com/WU7vv6w.png
2.2 overview:http://i.imgur.com/p5Ks3SD.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
the PC CE is $17.99 on amazon at the moment, and if you bought a game from amazon in december you should have a $5 discount on it too. I don't have a sub at the moment but I've been told in the past that applying the CE code to an existing account adds 30 days, so basically for the price of a month you'd get all the CE stuff. This was months and months ago though so someone should confirm.

If you've never played FF14 then $13 is a great deal, you will definitely get 30 days of fun out of the game
Amazon.com: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collectors Edition [Download]: Video Games

if anyone has the ps4 beta signup link it'd be cool to share it too, I wouldn't mind resigning up if I can play on my ps4

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
Worth noting that he also confirmed Gilgamesh as a boss fight. Mentioning that there'd be "a big battle on a big bridge" is a pretty obvious give away.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone on Ultros that needs a raid? Have a friend who needs a dragoon or monk for his group starting in 2 weeks.

They raid Tuesdays 10-11pm PM if you know someone

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Raid bonding when your item drops for the first time in 5 months.

Dh3sQa6.jpg

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i rolled with fc and took 2 out of 3 dragoons loots in 1-4, including best in slot visor.

I don't even have a dragoon.

I got kicked afterwards. OH WELL.

i am so fucking bored. knowing that all these shit will no longer be restricted, i don't give a fuck anymore.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bro clean out your GD armory

@Troll just come back in a month when the new content comes out? Its only less than an hour every week anyway for now.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
So you know, the FC leader has a history button that can tell him who did it. Good luck in your bannings!