Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
So everything I've read says to avoid side quests and just do hunting logs and main quest, it seems so wrong to me coming from other MMOs. This right?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
So everything I've read says to avoid side quests and just do hunting logs and main quest, it seems so wrong to me coming from other MMOs. This right?
First time through just do everything, second + time you go through you get an xp boost for having a higher level.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
That's what I assumed but all the leveling guides that I saw told you to skip them and save em for your other classes.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That's what I assumed but all the leveling guides that I saw told you to skip them and save em for your other classes.
Hmm skip what you don't need, until Heavensward. For heavensward you will need the sidequests to actually level, but for 1-50, you don't need many/any. Do the story, do hunting log, do the daily dungeon run as it often gives a full level(and try to do each dungeon once just so you see them), should be enough xp to get to old cap just on that. If you fall behind, then do some sidequests, or fates or leves, up to you, first time bonus on guildhests are also pretty solid. Side quests really don't add anything and you don't lose anything from not doing them, plus you can do them on another class as mentionned. They boosted story xp quite a bit with the expansion so you shouldn't need them anymore until you reach the expansion.

pablos

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am thinking about getting into this game was wondering are tanks hard to pick up and play? Also I only have a ps3 can I start on that console and if i ever pick up a ps4 can I switch over to that console and bring my account over?

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The learning curve for tanking is that the mouse targetting in this game sucks dick compared to wow, you really need to click on names to effectively target. Once you get used to that you'll be fine, it's simple.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Live letter from producer is happening. This guy is providing translations :Twitch

3.1 confirmed for Nov 10th, so 2 weeks Tuesday.

Existing Epic item farm nerfed :

rrr_img_113826.jpg

100 % !!!!!!!!! Loot pinata.

New relics in 3.15

rrr_img_113827.jpg

Exploratory missions.

Hard is going to be very tough.

FC needs ascending tier of Airship to enter, Easy = lvl 10, Normal = 25, Hard = 50.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Pumped for Void ark. Makes me want to play a lot more.
Void Ark isn't the thing to get pumped for. It'll be fun the first time and only the first time. Then it will turn into a weekly loot treadmill.

If there's anything in there to particularly get excited for, it's the airship explorations... hopefully they're implemented with enough re-playability to warrant replaying them (and make them enjoyable to replay, as well).

Needless

Toe Sucker
Have they buffed DRKs at all? I resubbed yesterday but i don't want to level my ninja up anymore, although i probably should since they're already like 57

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
just when I was giving up on the game, there's a patch where you get to take out a giant dinosaur, and I come crawling back