Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hmm, reading the beta forums seems a lot of people are having resolution issues on the ps3 beta. Either the screen is too small or the games UI is too big cutting off lots of the GUI.

It isnt hard to make the resolution have a sliding scale these days. I cant beleive they are having an issue like this right out the gate in the ps3 beta.
Weird, I have seen nothing like that on my PS3. The only thing I really hate about the UI is that some options are greyed out and you can't turn off things like giant text that covers up the bottom of the screen as long you hold down R2/L2 (which you do pretty much the entire duration of every combat).

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
In regards to the comments about cutscenes, this IS still a FF MMO. The city quests are just to help you orient and learn your way around the city. Questing in all games is tedious and this is no different.

The starter dungeons are kind of bland. They do get more interesting as you get higher level. I have not seen the end game at all so I can't speak on that. This game has a slower pace and that is on purpose. If you expect wow speed combat and leveling you will be disappointed.

Graphically, the engine is beautiful. Runs like a champ on my computer and my weak laptop. All in all this is a solid 7/10 MMO. Not trying to reinvent the wheel but more polished than most.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
I'd give a slightly higher score based on it's focus on story. It's doing the things that made FF11 so good(for me personally), and that's world design and story. FF11 felt like a living breathing world, so far so does this. And the emphasis on story is present from the beginning.

Disp_sl

shitlord
I got 2 beta keys but I think 1 was registered as a Euro on accident. Are there separate servers for the euros or can I give it to one of my friends and us play together? It's telling me the code is for a different region when I try to register it, but nothing indicates the region on the email.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Another code up for grabs, should be PC in the NA region.

Beta Registration Code
RBWE 3EJ9 9R7G 7BQ6 DWCK

ixian_sl

shitlord
I skipped beta phase 2 so maybe this was in then, but I'm glad to see they improved the minimap from phase 1. Also, I am a sucker for people with FFXI-related names. Just saw someone named Serket Breaker run by.

Crell_sl

shitlord
Guess I can't really complain about it running sluggish on my dual core 2.4g, 4GB ram and a GeFroce 9800 GT.. Thing is over 6 years old now
frown.png
Still runs, and is playable... But I might have to try it on the PS3.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Playing on a console so far is as fun as getting a papercut in your pee hole. Just cannot get used to using a controller exclusively.

Also, anyway to zoom out any farther? No way can there only be the 2 options.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I have it installed on my PC and PS3. I started it up on PC and sat through like 3 minutes of cut-scene and had to force-crash out of it(I couldn't even Alt-F4 - lulz) because I had shit to do. Now that I have some free time, I still don't really want to sit and watch cut scenes. Will check it out later or in the morning. What I've read in this thread isn't very encouraging.

lindz

#DDs
Lol Soygen @ bushes comment.

Everything I've read(albeit nothing in this thread) has been very positive about FF14.
That's because we're all jaded old school fucks that don't want to play the same terrible game that is made over and over again for the past 8 years.
frown.png
There is nothing new here and what is old and boring seems to be done worse than normal.

Maybe I'll eat my words later on, it is just those early levels are excruciating.