Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Awesome what server was that. Last time I played it was accidently during the time all the streamers got into it and I couldnt swap servers. Can't remember the server name now and I didnt know anyone where I was
Gilgamesh.

I'm Ang-Lee ingame - look us up!

Juvarisx

Florida
Spindal Akhabila (randomized the last name I couldnt come up with anything lol). Need to do more leveling I think, the option for Free Company is greyed out. Workin on it

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They aren't going to do that until they get pretty far out from EW I presume. Skipping that amount of content really only makes sense if they have a decent amount of content post-6.0
Well it's for 7.0 release. Considering the "break" in the story and 7.0 being a "vacation" type expansion, it'd make perfect sense to have a skip available for the new expansion. I would have thought a skip that goes directly into 7.0 story would even be the choice, although apparently they want you to play 6.1+ which sounds kinda weird. Beats having to play everything though for newer players and stuff.

With the whole game being available in NG+, I think it'd be perfectly acceptable to have a skip that big. Make a big summary, maybe make a "codex" type of thing like FFXVI did where you can consult each character's page and their story and stuff, and then let ppl see if they want to bother or not.

Cybsled

It's considered for 7.0, not finalized, based on that linked article. He's mentioned in other interviews he wasn't totally comfortable with people skipping 10 years worth of stuff at the moment. He's always used the analogy of it being like a TV show - you want to get new viewers, but you're always going to have issues where a viewer jumping in late in a show's run is going to be a bit lost or missing a lot of context.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Detach the unlock quests from MSQ requirements. So to access a 90 raid or trial you don't need to do the entirety of the story, only be level 90.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Detach the unlock quests from MSQ requirements. So to access a 90 raid or trial you don't need to do the entirety of the story, only be level 90.
Do you want WoW? Because this is how you get WoW.

I loved earning the attunments in Burning Crusade, they just needed to add rewards for players who had already completed it and FF14 has the roulette rewards for that.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Then you get a Quin69 situation. Does a skip, runs some raids, declares the game sucks and is shallow.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Daidraco Daidraco 2:00 grab Lumi and the gang, we're going back to New World!
I caught that, too. Shit, I only wish that game had as much polish as it did promise.

I still have to finish the previous expansion. Made it to the island, got swamped with work and.. never logged back in. lul

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I caught that, too. Shit, I only wish that game had as much polish as it did promise.

I still have to finish the previous expansion. Made it to the island, got swamped with work and.. never logged back in. lul
I would love it if Yoshi P somehow made an xpac that could cross over with New World. Make Ready Player One a real thing!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
Feels like the cleaned up and removed some quests from the ARR MSQ when Endwalker hit. This feels to be going much faster then last time I did it and I haven't been skipping scenes other then dungeon's so I dont keep my party waiting. If so they did a good job other then that leaving in stupid banquet questline before Titan.

Daidraco

Feels like the cleaned up and removed some quests from the ARR MSQ when Endwalker hit. This feels to be going much faster then last time I did it and I haven't been skipping scenes other then dungeon's so I dont keep my party waiting. If so they did a good job other then that leaving in stupid banquet questline before Titan.
Wait, is that the part where the game gives a slight nudge at the possibility that Raubann or w/e is fucking the queen midget? I almost put the game down right then, but my g/f was laughing her ass off. :I'm Fine:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wait, is that the part where the game gives a slight nudge at the possibility that Raubann or w/e is fucking the queen midget? I almost put the game down right then, but my g/f was laughing her ass off. :I'm Fine:
There's no interracial relationships in this game afaik, I think it's taboo in the lore.