Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

ramp

Silver Knight of the Realm
Conjurer
White Mage Regen Cannot be stacked in Frontline or the Wolves' Den.
Medica II Cannot be stacked in Frontline or the Wolves' Den.
hah

The effects of the PvP property Morale have been adjusted.
During Frontline or Wolves' Den matches, Morale has been changed from a property affecting damage dealt and received into one that increases the item level of PvP gear. The increased item level during PvP matches will be the sum of the initial item level and the Morale rating.

Example: If a player equips item level 70 PvP gear that grants a Morale bonus of 15, the item level of that gear will be increased to 85 during PvP battles. If, however, a player joins a Frontline match that is synced at item level 80, the same level 70 equipment would only increase by 10 levels to meet the level cap.
That is interesting, morale gear becomes usefull again.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Random patch highlights for those working on relic:

- Radz-at-Han Quenching Oil -- 110 Soldiery
- Thavnairian Mist -- 150 Soldiery / 450 Soldiery total
- Trials of the Braves -- 500 Soldiery (each) / 4500 Soldiery (total)
- Sphere Scrolls -- 750 Soldiery (total)
- Mysterious Maps -- 400 Soldiery / 30000 Soldiery (total, if only means of getting Alexandrite)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So much for not fucking up the economy before a patch, I woke up after the notes went up and everything is all fucked. Not sure why they felt it was necessary to post the actual materials needed for every recipe. On top of that the only crafting I decided to gear since I came back, alchemy, is getting fucked because of no "new putty". Why can't that oaknot shit be crafted by alchemists so there's money to be made. I guess maybe ninja relics will work out to a decent amount but who knows.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
I was pondering whether the Desynth reset books were going to be viable or not, given the materials to make them. I'm leaning towards initial rush to reset, but will peeter out into the low 5-digit values.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
Oh man, I know so little about this game now.

Need a "Hey, you left after getting one 50, here's what you need to know" post on Junkies Nation somewhere for us assholes that had to stop playing.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh man, I know so little about this game now.

Need a "Hey, you left after getting one 50, here's what you need to know" post on Junkies Nation somewhere for us assholes that had to stop playing.
Go to the subredditnewest submissions : ffxivclick on Useful Information, it has a bunch of stuff for returning players and shit, like summary of patch notes, what to do at 50 and so on.

Desynth reset books I'm not sure would even sell well at first. I might look into making a few GSM and CUL ones, maybe, but the others I doubt anyone would buy them, they're too specific I feel. On top of that they're competing with the new oaknot materials, which is sure to sell for a fuckton(or well if it's not sellable, the items it makes are worth a fuckton).

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
I can't find it in the notes, but is there any idea what materia will be needed for ninja relic?
It's not listed, no. If I had to guess, it's Heavens' Eye. Why? Every other secondary stat is used by two other jobs except Bard which is the only Heavens' Eye thus far.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah heaven's eye III or quickarm III is the most logical. heaven's eye is the same as bard but no other class, quickarm isn't used by anyone. Every other is used by 2 classes already, plus there's kind of a logic(the crit are for both casters, the det are for both str melees, the parry for both tanks, the spellspeed for both healers), so heaven's eye due to both dex or a new set makes most sense. I bought a few quickarms and heaven's eye in preparation like 2weeks ago.

Things of note about the relic, it's alchemy crafted(and melded obviously) and you need Bloody Knives, which assuming they follow the pattern, will drop in the old ass wanderer's palace(where other bloody weapons for relics drop, other than whm). Could drop in one of the new dungeons instead though, guess we'll need to see. The other mats are garbage shit, one ochu vine(easy to farm if the prices skyrocket for whatever reason, east shroud in larkscall for example), one desert saffron(mid level herb so also easy) and one rosewood lumber, plus a bunch of crystals and what not.

However, you can get a 110weapon instantly by buying it after patch day for 1300soldiery, an UAT and a sands of time though(last 2 drop in ST which won't have a lock next patch so a few runs should net you both). The only reason not to do this is that Soldiery might turn into solid money from the new mats, but that's still several steps ahead in the relic stuff, and there's the Novus step which is still going to be super expensive shit. Assuming you use shit materias on that step though, Nexus is 115 and is going to be the best weapon unless you do 3rd coil, until whatever patch they make that adds the new drop for the 120/130 weapon to something else, which might not be before 2.5. 115 with garbage random stats vs 110 with potentially good stats is fairly close though.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Announcements from the London Fan Fest....

Highlights

- EU Data Center Coming
- Dark Knight Officially Revealed; Role: Tank, Weapon: Two-Handed Greatsword, No base class required
- Personal Flying Mounts & Airships
- Black Chocobos
- New Beast Tribes: The Vanu Vanu & The Gnath
- New job speculation... The Agent

Details from the Keynote

Start and Intro
  • Trailer that I must have missed (could've been the same one as last week)
  • Smoke, flashing lights on stage. Music and then a dragon roar. Yoshi-P in a BLM costume comes out
  • Yoshi-P making fun of Koji Fox a bit
  • Yoshi-P starts out by talking/apologizing about high EU latency
  • Building new server location/datacenter for EU
  • Now talking about vocal opinion of players of cash shop, especially some worried opinions
  • Reiterates no pay to win
  • Minions sold in cash shop? NOT EXCLUSIVE to cash shop (I think, he said ingame and I may have misunderstood)
  • Using those funds to create more vanity/minions/etc. that won't just be cash shop-exclusive, or doing other things like adding the new EU datacenter. Want to use those profits to give back to the community

Heavensward Recap
  • A recap of Las Vegas Fan Fest (LVFF) info
  • Ishgard and location videos from the LVFF
  • Yoshi-P comes back out with a Batman shirt, says he loves in Batman and that he got his shirt in America
  • Recap of new lore from the LVFF
  • New playable race (no info)
  • Recap of features they're adding in
  • Currently battle team is working on the new raids

New Heavensward Info: Flying
  • New video
  • Flying Mounts (chocobo)
  • The black chocobos are probably the first flying mount when you enter the expansion (not a level 60 feature?) but it's not the only flying mount
  • Single-rider airship! They look aweeeeesome
  • All of the Heavensward areas have flying capabilities
  • Like other games, just press Jump to start flying
  • Seamless, only in 3.0 areas
  • Showed pictures of 3.0 areas that'll have lots of floating areas and landmasses
  • Emphasizing more than just black chocobos and airships as mounts, 6 flying mounts planned for 3.0 that could maybe be 7 depending on the EU crowd (so it'll probably be 7)
  • Maybe flying fat chocobo (jokingly)
  • In 3.0, increasing mount speed (not sure if ground speed or flying speed)
  • He wants one of the flying mounts to play an important role in the story. It has a cool design, so cool that they want to include a figurine in the Collector's Edition. So I guess 3.0's version of the Magitek mount. Also confirmed there would be a CE for Heavensward
  • Exploring the floating islands will be a cool type of gameplay. New treasures or rare monsters on those floating islands. Want to surprise players with all the new areas
  • Showed some pictures that are maaaybe a dungeon (they were coy about it)
  • Showed concept art of new areas. Can't accurately describe but they look amazing. Look completely different from what we've seen.
  • Dragons control the skies beyond Ishgard, so flying will always be towards danger

New Heavensward Info: Beast Tribes and Primals
  • Vanu Vanu (fat birds, kinda like moonkin)
  • Showed a really badass primal. Bismarck. New type of primal, something we haven't seen before. It's a flying whale with a huge horn. Hints that we'll fight it in an airship that maybe you fall off of and die (jokingly)
  • Want to surprise players, so there's still some info they're withholding.
  • Showed a prototype of Bismarck's ingame model, looks insanely detailed and epic
  • Since all their ingame models start out with really detailed prototypes, maybe considering making merchandise of them
  • 2nd tribe: Gnath. Look really alien. Don't seem to have eyes
  • Some LVFF videos showed off the art for their buildings (maybe in the Dravanian Forelands?)
  • Reiterates they look kinda dangerous
  • Their primal is a badass alien/bug Odin type thing. It's the XIV original: Ravana
  • Has like 8 arms and swords in all of them
  • The ingame model prototype also looks so insane
  • Different type of fight from Bismarck since it has legs
  • Ravana is a Lord of War, maybe an Odin type enemy (so the looks aren't the only thing that are Odin-like)

New Heavensward Info: New Job
  • Joked that it was the end of the keynote
  • Officially announce the Dark Knight, 2H Greatsword
  • Concept art looks really, really cool. Cool plate-ish armor (actually maybe not, maybe mail). Tank (boooo, sadness)
  • The slide says New Job 1, so maybe more being revealed today
  • Large weapons planned for it
  • Parrying and dodging as opposed to blocking
  • No base class involved!
  • Koji didn't even know this. When you buy Heavensward, you can be Dark Knight right away probably/maybe.
  • Dark Knight wields both a weapon and the power of darkness (which is like magic). Hopefully very different from Warrior/Paladin
  • Battle team working right now on its motions and animations
  • Power of darkness doesn't mean the character is evil
  • New job 2!
  • JK, being revealed at Tokyo
  • Yoshi-P takes off his Batman shirt, wearing a James Bond shirt underneath. Does gun motions, says he loves James Bond, says he loves the movie Man with the Golden Gun

End of the Opening Keynote
Link to Slides

Flying Mount Video

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I love these old school patches/expansions. I never minded when servers were shut down for 8 hours or whatever for one day because there was always some crazy amount of content to do. Nowadays, you get content that downloads in minutes, go in, do like three days worth of shit and wonder where's the beef.

So what that they do that every two months, it's still boring as shit when you're twiddling thumbs so soon. Sad thing is those companies are still taking sub money to do that little.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I love these old school patches/expansions. I never minded when servers were shut down for 8 hours or whatever for one day because there was always some crazy amount of content to do. Nowadays, you get content that downloads in minutes, go in, do like three days worth of shit and wonder where's the beef.

So what that they do that every two months, it's still boring as shit when you're twiddling thumbs so soon. Sad thing is those companies are still taking sub money to do that little.
Well the downtime isn't related to the amount of content in this case. They're doing a 1day maintenance cause they need to optimize the code/servers for the doubling of the housing areas. Shit's gonna take a while, probably cause they have to backup everything first in case shit goes wrong, then run a bunch of tests and what not, looks complicated especially since they're apparently not just adding servers for it but just expanding the existing ones.

Anyway excited about the patch, can't wait to nin nin around.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Of course just got another one, made me chuckle but that shit is 30 years out of date =)

"Gday mate, strewth I cant belive those drongos give you high ping down in straya. At least you can crack open a fosters and have a barbie with your sheila."
That was me
smile.png
Thanks Neighbours.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
Anyone on Excal with some gil to spare? I got these cheeseburgers maaaaan....

Side note - in a smallish FC with some quality players that are helping folks ramp up to i100-110 and through all the dungeons, if anyone cares to join.