Finding a body

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I don't know if he planned this or not, or how long he did.

I said I wasn't gonna get into shit, but basically - I don't think he faked his death and fucked off anywhere. There's really no reason to. It's not like he had a family, no wife, no kids, none of that. Just a single dude who played video games. In fact, he never even talked about any past or present relationships. My GF asked me when she first met him if he was gay -- no, don't think so, just didn't have an interest in women, or maybe was never shown any interest, I honestly don't know. So there's not much motivation there to end your life here and move off somewhere else. Near as I can tell from the communication with the sheriff (which, btw, fuck those guys...never talking to them again. Fucking shitbags. I asked for one goddamned thing, which was "Where have you looked so I can go different places and cover different ground?" and couldn't get any of them to talk to me. Fuck you, I'm done talking to you useless fuckers then), our gaming group was the only people he really talked to. This seems to be corroborated, because his supposed "friends" made a reddit post which was full of inaccuracies and the family didn't really have any good information for the news story either. Basically, there's a lot of details wrong on everything I have seen everywhere else from everyone else he knew about this. Maybe that's how the news works, I dunno, but it sure seems no one knew him very well, certainly not like I did.

He "retired" a couple years ago once he saw how bleak his future would be at the company he was at. What was to look forward to, sit on a fucking forklift for 30 years? He couldn't handle it. But, since he lived a pretty spartan lifestyle, had a condo with a pretty retardedly cheap mortgage, and because he made a fuckload of money in the few years he was there (north of 80k a year), he had plenty of money banked where he didn't have to work for awhile. How long does 50k in the bank last when your mortgage is $400? These are pretty realistic numbers for what the situation probably was. We would occasionally offer him job tips we'd seen, my GF told him she could get him in at the warehouse she worked at - decent starting wage, 8-5 M-F, no OT, no weekends, and he just shrugged his shoulders at it. The only reason that we could see for doing that was that he still had money saved up and didn't need to work, so we didn't think anything of it.

Turns out, he's outta money. 3 months behind on everything, credit card maxed, checking acct overdrawn. There was zero food in his house, not even a bottle of water. Nothing. Now, that's a pretty fucking silly reason to kill yourself - shit, you own a fucking condo, sell that, pay off the rest of the shit, get a job, and you're back on your feet in under a year. But, that's what we're looking at. Maybe he was just speedrunning life - worked for a few years, retired, then died. I dunno...but it sure seems he mliked out every last day he had on the planet. Ran it until the tank was on E and he couldn't handle it anymore. The thing that sucks is that every other guy at the table has been there before - we've all been piss fucking broke. Shit, there was a year my ex and I made 19k COMBINED. And we had a kid. We were fucking POOR. But the thing that kept us going is we had someone - either a spouse we were getting support from, or a child we needed to care for. So we muscled thru, fixed the shit, and crawled outta that hole. He had none of that. No one to work for. No one to be strong for. It's real easy to just think "Whelp, no one gives a shit, so I guess I'll go eat a 9 mill." Except we did give a shit. If the motherfucker had said ONE thing, to ANY of us, we couldda helped him outta this, and it wouldn't have been a big deal. I get it though - it's probably why he did it on Saturday game day. He couldn't look me in the eye knowing what he was about to do.

The one thing I'm super fucking grateful for happened about 6 months ago. He came over and said "Hey, I'm starting to feel like a piece of shit." "Why?" "I come over here every week, you are constantly throwing food on the grill for us and I never bring anything, so here, take some money" I threw it back at him and said "Absolutely fucking not, dude, keep your money. You're here every time I ask, you come over and help me out with so much shit. I would never have gotten that Black Walnut up the hill without you, let alone get the shit milled. You help me with literally everything I need help with, the bare minimum I can do is feed you every week and send you home with the leftovers." He said "alright" and took the money back and we never spoke of it again. I'm so fucking happy I did that, because maybe I bought a few more weeks with the dude by doing so. I'd never be able to live with myself if I had known he died outta money while I took $60 from him.

So no, I can't believe he faked his own death. He's got no reason to. He's running from nothing, from no one. The problems he had could just be solved by going back to work, but he couldn't stomach it for whatever reason. Maybe it all felt pointless - why the fuck spend the next 30 years doing shit he hates just to go home to an empty house? I don't know, and I'll never know. The only thing that I don't get is why he went to such lengths to not be found. Even if you think your life isn't worth living, and even if you don't wanna make a mess for anyone, how the fuck can you do this and not think that people won't be looking for you. He knew with his dying breath that I'd be out there looking for him. He probably didn't think it would be the same fucking day, but I'm sure he knew eventually enough pieces of the puzzle would come together. Just let us find you so we can get some peace, after you find the peace you were searching for.

You are a good dude. I'm sorry you had to go through this.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They got permission to search the private property surrounding the park, found nothing
Son of a bitch.

Track down that woman who claimed she saw him in the middle of the day and start peeling fingernails off until you get a clear story off her.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Son of a bitch.

Track down that woman who claimed she saw him in the middle of the day and start peeling fingernails off until you get a clear story off her.

She's a fucking plant. He was on a plane to Bolivia by that point and she was paid to cause some misdirection for a few weeks

• 1Mic Drop

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
She's a fucking plant. He was on a plane to Bolivia by that point and she was paid to cause some misdirection for a few weeks

I hope you get an anonymous post card with no return or message. Then you can rest easy.

• 1Like

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
I hope you get an anonymous post card with no return or message. Then you can rest easy.

I could only hope. Unfortunately, I know the score. Everything I say about that kinda shit is cope.

He's dead. Not a doubt in my mind.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Cutlery Cutlery no updates I guess?

I didn't mention it a couple of weeks ago because I didn't want to plant a seed of false hope in your mind but I'll go ahead and say it: I think there is a chance your friend is still alive. There is only so far he could go on foot and only so many places to hide in that area. Sure, depending on the river conditions, he could have shot himself in the river and floated out of the area but eventually he would end up hung up on something.

I agree with you that it is likely that your friend is gone but it seems odd to me that he disappeared without a trace, given that his vehicle was found. Usually, dogs would get a direction of travel and from there you can narrow it down.

Has anyone checked his social media to see if he was messaging anyone? Is LE watching for credit card activity, etc?

• 1Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I see that Fucker Fucker disagrees with me on this. Just want to add that it's just based upon my limited experiences on a SAR team. Usually we find them in a scenario like this: If we find the car out in a wilderness environment, in my experience, usually a team will find them within a couple of days of search ops, often on the first day if you have enough dog teams. Some people are really good at hiding though and they are never found.

• 1Like
  • 1Moron

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
It's been 4 weeks, no sign of anything.

I don't think there's much of a chance. It's not like he pulled this out in like the Badlands or something and could walk in any direction for awhile. It literally butts up to residential on 3 sides, water on the 4th. If he was alive, the most likely outcome would be he got picked up there, I just don't know who that would be. It wasn't his family, it wasn't his apparently closest friend (me), it wasn't his drinking buddies from high school (they're all just as confused), it wasnt anyone from his last job, so unless he was living a double life or something (and there's no reason for that, why would your 2nd life be being a single dude living alone playing video games?), I really just can't work it out.

Now that I've been paying attention to the news, it seems like it can take a couple months to get a body out of a river, so I think that's still the likely outcome. Waded out a bit into the river and ate a 9mm, gun dropped to the bottom, he floated away. I just really can't wrap my head around any other scenario that would be remotely plausible considering the circumstances.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
It's been 4 weeks, no sign of anything.

I don't think there's much of a chance. It's not like he pulled this out in like the Badlands or something and could walk in any direction for awhile. It literally butts up to residential on 3 sides, water on the 4th. If he was alive, the most likely outcome would be he got picked up there, I just don't know who that would be. It wasn't his family, it wasn't his apparently closest friend (me), it wasn't his drinking buddies from high school (they're all just as confused), it wasnt anyone from his last job, so unless he was living a double life or something (and there's no reason for that, why would your 2nd life be being a single dude living alone playing video games?), I really just can't work it out.

Now that I've been paying attention to the news, it seems like it can take a couple months to get a body out of a river, so I think that's still the likely outcome. Waded out a bit into the river and ate a 9mm, gun dropped to the bottom, he floated away. I just really can't wrap my head around any other scenario that would be remotely plausible considering the circumstances.

Could be man. Sorry you have to go through this. Ideally he would be found and just in need of some mental health treatment but, either way, I hope you get closure.

• 1Like

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I'd like to keep up hope too, but I just can't see him still alive and kicking with zero contact with anyone he knows for 4 weeks. He doesn't have his car, hasn't been home....that just seems extraordinarily unlikely. It's not like he was a survival guy and went into the woods with a hatchet and a life straw or something. Just a dude apparently having a rough time with life, and probably too embarrassed to ask for help.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
They found his body. Sheriff said it was in the park, in a place where he clearly intended to not be found. Didn't elaborate more on it. Pretty positive ID, since I gave them a description of his gun and they have that too. Probably pretty fucking gnarly after a month of being out there, so I'm glad the S&R team found him and not his parents or I.

Boy, today has been a real kick in the fucking dick.

• 30Solidarity
  • 5Like
Reactions: 34 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They found his body. Sheriff said it was in the park, in a place where he clearly intended to not be found. Didn't elaborate more on it. Pretty positive ID, since I gave them a description of his gun and they have that too. Probably pretty fucking gnarly after a month of being out there, so I'm glad the S&R team found him and not his parents or I.

Have a good service to honor him. Just you and your buds.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

I swear to god I clicked on this thread ready to rant my ass off about people bumping it to post more stupid shit about him being alive somewhere and instead I get this.

Fuck.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I swear to god I clicked on this thread ready to rant my ass off about people bumping it to post more stupid shit about him being alive somewhere and instead I get this.

Fuck.
Wanna make it worse, I'm 99% certain Borzak also dropped out of the rat race a week ago.

• 3WTF
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 3 users

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>

Fuck.

I don't mind so much. It's nice to hope. But I told the sheriff as soon as I found out where he went that they weren't looking for anything other than a body.

Just sucks that it's finally true and that last 0.01% is gone. I don't even have any pictures of us. Maybe the GF has some of us all at the table, but nothing other than that. The only thing I've got now is the last picture ever taken, at the fucking gas station near his house. Even then, the fucker looks happy. He never didn't have that dumb grin on his face, and was always giggling about memes or Demolition Ranch videos.

Just fucking sad how far off the rails it got with literally zero warning whatsoever.
IMG_20230524_184130.jpg

That's it. That's the last memory. One last cup of coffee before he headed out to make sure he wasn't a burden on anyone else. Some people may call it the coward's way out, but he clearly just didn't wanna bother anyone with his problems. He'd help me with anything, but didn't wanna ask for a thing. He went out on his own terms and I dunno what drove him to that point, but at least I don't have to wonder about "if" anymore.

• 6Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Morning thoughts.....

If you ever find yourself in this situation, and they bring out dogs and can't find anything, go out anyway. 4 cadaver dogs couldn't find a dead dude in a 1600 acre park in 2 days? They're a little overrated, apparently.

I wish I had went out with the team I had. I mean, finding him wouldn't have been fun, but at least it woulda been over quicker.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe the cops recovered his phone or wallet, some information might be gleaned from that still. It's common for the cops to withhold some information while they investigate.

Thoughts & prayers.

• 1Like

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Maybe the cops recovered his phone or wallet, some information might be gleaned from that still. It's common for the cops to withhold some information while they investigate.

Thoughts & prayers.

Oh, I'm sure they have all that. But the detective called me last night asking to see if I had any more information, because they still had no real idea how this whole thing fits together. They have no real reason for this to happen that works for them. I told them he's the most reliable and dependable guy I've ever known....I think they're really hoping for some easy bullshit like he got into White Supremacy or Right Wing Terrorism or some fucking garbage like that so they can just dust their hands of him.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Morning thoughts.....

If you ever find yourself in this situation, and they bring out dogs and can't find anything, go out anyway. 4 cadaver dogs couldn't find a dead dude in a 1600 acre park in 2 days? They're a little overrated, apparently.

I wish I had went out with the team I had. I mean, finding him wouldn't have been fun, but at least it woulda been over quicker.
From the way you described them I'm actually kinda surprised the cops kept looking after the dogs didn't find him.

I guess it's a relief that your friend wasn't as dedicated to researching how to make your body vanish as I was lol.

• 1Like