First World Problems

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Keyless entry for my car appears to be broken. The car doesn't detect the fob's proximity, and hitting the buttons on the fob doesn't work either. I now have to take the physical key out of the fob and turn it in the driver side door, which is where the only key hole on the car is. If I lock the car at the driver side door and then need to get in to the lift gate at the back, it won't open, and I have to go unlock it again at the driver door.

It's been a tough 5 days.
Replace the battery?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Tried in both fobs. It's not the fobs or batteries in them. Something's wrong with the car. Everything else seems fine. Was gonna go check a fuse list, but I'm not sure I want to even fuck around with fuses in a BMW, it'll probably explode.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Tried in both fobs. It's not the fobs or batteries in them. Something's wrong with the car. Everything else seems fine. Was gonna go check a fuse list, but I'm not sure I want to even fuck around with fuses in a BMW, it'll probably explode.
Oh you have a BMW. Its just being the piece of shit it was made to be.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
meh, I've been driving BMW's for 12 years, and have had no significant issues. Couple little things here and there fixed on warranty, otherwise the only out of warranty repair I can recall is a water pump where the impeller cracked. Roughly have of those 12 years I've been driving one that's out of warranty. Problems with BMW's are vastly exaggerated. And it's more than just anecdotal on my part. Between my dad, bro and I we've owned close to 20 of them in the past 30 years and the problems have been minimal. Except for the bro's M1. But that's a nearly 40 year old, hand built supercar, so no shit.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
meh, I've been driving BMW's for 12 years, and have had no significant issues. Couple little things here and there fixed on warranty, otherwise the only out of warranty repair I can recall is a water pump where the impeller cracked. Roughly have of those 12 years I've been driving one that's out of warranty. Problems with BMW's are vastly exaggerated. And it's more than just anecdotal on my part. Between my dad, bro and I we've owned close to 20 of them in the past 30 years and the problems have been minimal. Except for the bro's M1. But that's a nearly 40 year old, hand built supercar, so no shit.

I've had 2 BMW's and my X5 was a total pile of crap while my 335 was fine. Success rate: 50%

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Get a battery tender. That's a problem with just about any bike these days. Even my 2005 R6 needs to be plugged in to a battery tender if I'm not riding it regularly.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
My dad has a BMW bike with the same problem. Also i question their design. Had to remove the fucking gas tanm to replace the battery.

I don't have to remove the tank, but I do have to remove a side panel which is about 20 hex nuts. Pain in the ass. I got a trickle charger that has a lead I can put right on the battery and is accessible if I take off the seat, which is easy.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Everyone knows BMW's are pieces of shit that last exactly until anything electrical breaks. That's why you lease them and never buy it out.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I bought a 335i for about 47 grand. Modded the chip and it had about 390hp, did a 0-60 in under 5s. Loved the car.

BMW realized the 335i, with the n54 twin turbo engine, was as fast, or faster, than the m3, but half the price. So they modded the n55's turboes down, chunked the n54 altogether in later years, and the updated n55 was a much slower engine.

Selling that car was a mistake since the n54 was scrapped. It was fun to drive, fairly luxurious, great handling, fast as hell, and relatively cheap for a luxury car. Really good blend between sporty/comfort.

Last edited:

iannis

Musty Nester
I bought the wrong kind of pickle slices. Now I have to put sweet pickles on my sandwich instead of dill chips.

like a third world fucking savage.

It's not that I dislike sweet pickles, either. I just wanted the dill chips this time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
I'm waiting for a boat from Africa to arrive with my new 340xi :( It's taking forever... I do look forward to trying out the new B58 engine though. Too bad the warranty covered mod isn't released in the US yet.. It probably doesn't pass EO tests :(

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
My wife purchasing "Fruit Roll-Ups" after I specifically tell her to buy "Fruit by the Foot"

Instead of admitting her mistake she attempts to argue with the assertion that "They are pretty much the same thing" when we're all aware of the superiority of the Fruit by the Foot over the Fruit Roll-Up

This has happened several times

Last edited:

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
My wife purchasing "Fruit Roll-Ups" after I specifically tell her to buy "Fruit by the Foot"

Instead of admitting her mistake she attempts to argue with the assertion that "They are pretty much the same thing" when we're all aware of the superiority of the Fruit by the Foot over the Fruit Roll-Up

This has happened several times
Fruit rollups > fruit by the foot.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Well I learned something new, never heard of fruit by the foot.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Work network just completely died so I am tethered to my phone so I can still browse the web. LTE is actually faster than the work network.

lol

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Fruit rollups > fruit by the foot.

For+anyone+that+wants+it+_ccd0dfc8f420be7430933e660728effe.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user