FOH Keeper League - Year Eleventhousand

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
4th keeper thing is interesting, but think like PPR it needs to be a vote for the league.
We did vote. No votes/.5 PPR had more votes than 1PPR accumulatively. So I think .5 is the move, right?

Also makes sense to transition into it, if we want to do a full PPR, we can transition that into 2025?

draft order is coming today

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
I also think we should re-evaluate draft lottery after this season. Generally if you make the playoffs you get one ping pong ball and if you miss, you get 2, but now really even teams miss the playoffs and there's only 6 slots. Maybe we should remove the incentive to ever tank, like the NBA tried to do and just make it equal for everyone except the two teams in the finals or something? Because you've gotta be pretty good to make the playoffs and win 3 playoff games. But again, you lose 85% of your team anyway, so maybe just even across the board. The worst team last year has every bit as good of a 3 keeper outlook as the best teams from where i see things

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
sorry got pulled into work right after i said id do the draft order

will be done this weekend

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I also think we should re-evaluate draft lottery after this season. Generally if you make the playoffs you get one ping pong ball and if you miss, you get 2, but now really even teams miss the playoffs and there's only 6 slots. Maybe we should remove the incentive to ever tank, like the NBA tried to do and just make it equal for everyone except the two teams in the finals or something? Because you've gotta be pretty good to make the playoffs and win 3 playoff games. But again, you lose 85% of your team anyway, so maybe just even across the board. The worst team last year has every bit as good of a 3 keeper outlook as the best teams from where i see things
I agree, how successful you were one season can say very little about the quality of your keepers, good depth from the draft can easily put you in the playoffs even if your keepers aren't great and then you are sort of punished for it.
Maybe we could put a vote up sometime but I'm for even across the board.

TheRashyman

Golden Knight of the Realm
We did vote. No votes/.5 PPR had more votes than 1PPR accumulatively. So I think .5 is the move, right?

Also makes sense to transition into it, if we want to do a full PPR, we can transition that into 2025?

draft order is coming today
I was referring specifically to the additional keeper, I agree that PPR was voted on already. Standard platform now is .5 ppr, so maybe another vote for next year if we want to raise it to 1 ppr.

I completely agree with this, there's so much talent in the NFL now that if you go into a season with bad keepers somehow, you should leave the year with 3 solid choices. There are a couple teams that are a bit weak, but as we saw last offseason, CMC was had for like a 6th? Moves can be made and for the cheap the closer we get to the season, and Staggy who made that trade, won the league.

Lawso002

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It all depends on how much homework you do pre draft IMO . Then you draft the best you can . After that , its the wavier wire game . Injuries still play a role , but that's something you cant control . As far as tanking goes , if everyone is active and paying attention .. it shouldn't be a issue . Since the league started , I've had 3 really bad years and still didn't stop paying attention during those times . So i guess , just depends how into it you are . Talking about a 4th keeper , I would say no . This is still a 2qb league . so there needs to be a way to have some high tier / elite players getting back into the pool . If you have 4 , teams wont change over as much .

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
I mean I could've sworn it's passed a vote as an [optional] keeper multiple times. But I'll definitely hold off on implementing anything with the objections. The idea proposed was that the 4th keeper was optional, if you kept a 4th you'd lose an additional pick, if you didn't keep you'd get a pick in a round the 4th keeper people aren't involved in. I'd even argue it could go deeper than that because what you're saying is you're betting on the team you've built more than what *could* be available (not knowing the keepers going into a draft could make that even strategic).

We aren't rewarding teams for building teams is the issue with capping it at 3, so with that in combination with the impoved lottery your looking at teams who are keeping Josh Allen and Justin Jefferson starting not only on level footing but often times at an advantage than teams that built a solid roster the entire last season. SKC, not to pick on him, is going to have improved chances at a top draft pick and will have as good of a 3 keeper setup as anyone in the league. We're so concerned with level footing at seasons start that all the things Lawso mentioned, pre draft homework, waivers, trades, etc are out the window each season for what's essentially a low level dynasty league.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pick 1:Forum Warriors
Pick 2:Suck My Ditka
Pick 3:Bulls On Parade
Pick 4:I. R. dOne
Pick 5:South Karana Centaurs
Pick 6:L'Carpetron Dookmarriot
Pick 7:Team Skullfuck
Pick 8:Lisbon LastPlacers
Pick 9:Miami Sprinting Fish
Pick 10:Virginia DaBears
Pick 11:Easily Replaced
Pick 12:The Trickling Dicks
Pick 13:Birds of War
Pick 14:Amish Rake Fighters

Last edited:

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The biggest change I'd like to see if the flex spot not being QB-eligible. If we are worried about tanking so much, let's get rid of the slot where if you have an injury, your season is done. It's hard to play the waiver wire game for that slot when your opponent now gets a 20-point advantage on you due to the league depth and nothing being available. As someone whos been in that position before, I can say it's hard to stay vested after it happens. I keep playing but the interest is minimal from then on out.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Had users mixed up I think lol

Anyway that’s the entire point of the league. It’s different and it’s hard and a draft class can completely transform someone’s future.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Had users mixed up I think lol

Anyway that’s the entire point of the league. It’s different and it’s hard and a draft class can completely transform someone’s future.
Man I was about to say “huh?” I’m active every year.

a draft class can change yes. But the moment you have a QB miss some games it’s game over. Any decent QBs coming into the league are snatched up the first few picks and those that are picked up are replacing currently active ones so the depth at numbers available stays the same.

2 QBs doesn’t make it challenging, it makes it for those who randomly have the first few picks have a leg up to secure a good 3rd QB for either great back up or the best trade fodder in existence.

Just my opinion. 🤷🏻‍♂️

TheRashyman

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just and FYI, the trade between Bulls and Bears is from last years Ridley & Lawrence package for a trade of Bears' 6th to me.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Now that there's .5 PPR the QB thing is going to matter less and less. Last year my QBs were Aaron Rodgers (0 points all season) and Sam Howell (lost the job half the time, is now a backup), my third QB was Mac Jones (lost job, was horrible, is now a backup).

I eventually traded for Kyler who didn't come back until like Week 10 and ended the year with a playoff win and the second highest scoring team with Jake Browning in my starting lineup. The QB thing is a fun element to me and choosing the wrong one or having an Aaron Rodgers start to the year really makes you jump into 'now what' mode.

And yes sorry Tarrant I had you mixed up with someone I think, wish we had our team names assigned to our username

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Willing to move off pick 1. Which we should expect to be Caleb I would imagine. I’m looking fly an elite Qb in the deal so if you’re a believer he is the next guy let’s talk

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
ham ham would it be possible to lock the keepers one day before the draft? Or at least a few more hours earlier.
It would be nice to better prepare the earlier rounds picks.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll lock it at 12am EST the day before so everyone knows almost a day out, unless there's an objection that makes sense

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users