Formula 1 and MotoGP - Racing

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
WSBK comedy -

JlUstU9RyRtio.gif

It's entertaining watching the leaders cut up the field when they start from the back. I think it'll lead to 4th place riders winning if they were close to the leaders anyway, but hey...

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Fricken crazy! Bottas going to Mercedes, and Massa un-retiring to fill his seat at Williams.

Totally ok with this, Massa is one of the all time most likable guys in F1.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Fricken crazy! Bottas going to Mercedes, and Massa un-retiring to fill his seat at Williams.

Totally ok with this, Massa is one of the all time most likable guys in F1.

I never really got the sense that Bottas was super fast though. Like, obviously all the F1 drivers are ludicrously talented.. but I'm not sure if he'll fill Rosberg's shoes on the track.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
He's had some good drives, he was solid at Force India before Williams. I wouldn't doubt some of the decision is to have a cool as a cucumber Fin that won't cause trouble with Hamilton. No way they could pick up Verstappen. Hamilton and him would drive each other off the track every race.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Been watching pre-season gp testing from malaysia. I grabbed it thinking, hey cool 8 hours of bikes lapping around should be entertaining.

But instead it is like 8 hours of boring interviews with italian crew chiefs and such "We needa to makea the bika turna...., and hava betta tractiona"

There are long sections of like 30 minutes where you can hear bikes on track and instead they are showing 2 commentators staring at timing screens. Show the bikes!%@&^@%&

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yeah, preseason testing is a waste of time.

WSBK at PI was good this last weekend. I still have the WSS race to watch, but everyone is saying it's really good as well.

• 1Like

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Hahahahahaha, get fukt JLo MotoGP: Lorenzo not ready to race

If this bears true, we get to shove Rossi on Ducati 2011-12 in his smug chubby face.

Kinda misleading headline, he's ready to race, he just says he might not be ready to contest for wins.

That said, absolutely if Rossi were to smugly give Lorenzo the bird every time he watches him crash that Ducati piece of shit I'd be just fine with that.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
But you kind of need to contest for wins from the start if Marquez (WinorBin) brings the level of focused, mature racing he did last season before he secured the title and locks it up 3 rounds before the end. Or if Vinales proves to be an alien after all (I have my doubts).

Or maybe the number of fast riders at the front prevents any one rider from running away with the championship and as long as Lorenzo can maintain 2nds and 3rds while everyone else vacillates between 1st and 4th respectively he could pull it off.

But if it rains, ever, he's Donenzo.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
But you kind of need to contest for wins from the start if Marquez (WinorBin) brings the level of focused, mature racing he did last season before he secured the title and locks it up 3 rounds before the end. Or if Vinales proves to be an alien after all (I have my doubts).

Or maybe the number of fast riders at the front prevents any one rider from running away with the championship and as long as Lorenzo can maintain 2nds and 3rds while everyone else vacillates between 1st and 4th respectively he could pull it off.

But if it rains, ever, he's Donenzo.

I expect he will suck and crash pretty consistently on the Ducati. I think he's the wrong riding style for that bike. They should have bought off Marquez if possible.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I expect he will suck and crash pretty consistently on the Ducati. I think he's the wrong riding style for that bike. They should have bought off Marquez if possible.
Marquez and Dani are Repsol riders. They'll retire at HRC.

They did what was best for them unless they wanted to wait another season and temp in Redding for UK publicity. The moto2 crop of riders was/is such crap that there's nothing to pull from for at least another two years until Rossi's Italian VR46 academy assault grows up.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Marquez and Dani are Repsol riders. They'll retire at HRC.

They did what was best for them unless they wanted to wait another season and temp in Redding for UK publicity. The moto2 crop of riders was/is such crap that there's nothing to pull from for at least another two years until Rossi's Italian VR46 academy assault grows up.

I agree with that but with Ducati the type of posers who buy it don't care if it wins races. It's a Ducati. By putting a top tier rider on it and having him crash and suck and not win, they're actually doing themselves a disservice. Now it'll invite that direct competition like when Rossi was riding it. They were better off acting like they just can't quite get their hands on top tier talent and thats why they can't win, rather than the glaring flaws with their engineering being put on full display when a multiple world champion can't get on the podium with it.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
But who do you get to replace The Maniac (Iannone) with in the interim?

You're not KTM developing a brand new bike (and using a trellis frame that everyone else who is racing knows was tried and failed) and getting to mid pack talents knowing they're going to remain mid pack at best, and at worst fighting with Aprilias for first loser honors.

You're presenting yourself as a world championship contending team. You have to have top tier talent. You need a Marquez to your Dani (Dovi). Otherwise why would the marketing money come in to support a factory effort that is hollow?

Ducati should be amazing this year in WSBK, but all eyes are on MotoGP.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
But who do you get to replace The Maniac (Iannone) with in the interim?

You're not KTM developing a brand new bike (and using a trellis frame that everyone else who is racing knows was tried and failed) and getting to mid pack talents knowing they're going to remain mid pack at best, and at worst fighting with Aprilias for first loser honors.

You're presenting yourself as a world championship contending team. You have to have top tier talent. You need a Marquez to your Dani (Dovi). Otherwise why would the marketing money come in to support a factory effort that is hollow?

Ducati should be amazing this year in WSBK, but all eyes are on MotoGP.

Does Ducati still get a displacement handicap in WSBK?

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yes. Twins get an extra 200cc. They're campaigning 1199s (while they only sell 959s and 1299s) until probably 2018 when they're purportedly going to be debuting a 999cc V4 Superbike platform.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I went ahead and subscribed to motogp video pass.

Kinda feel like going back and watching some of the 2008-2009 races.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
if Hamster wins this weekend, he's gonna lock up the championship in Monza at the latest