Funny, Strange, Random Pics

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Good mexican is pretty easy to find anywhere in the states. Just need to look for the food trucks/carts.

rrr_img_61869.jpg

rrr_img_61870.jpg

These are probably the best places in Columbus and both are parked outside beer stores.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
VICE April fools joke
not an april fool's joke at all...

I worked at a company that has many mexican employees, and when this first came out I asked several about it... they knew all about it, and told me lots about it.

there are local "dance crews" that are sorta like gangs, but not really necessarily violent or criminal... they make their own pointy boots and get together regularly for rodeo danceoffs... they dance for street cred, pride, and cash and prizes!

Mexican pointy boots

/edit

SHIT I didn't see Tuco's reply

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
If I have to go to the asshole of america just to find out what a burrito is. I'll happily stay eating Chipotle.
LOL @ asshole of america... clearly you've never been to florida... or mississippi... or alabama... or, shit I could go on, but you probably get a sense of the region I'm describing.. and it ain't the southwest

rrr_img_61875.jpg

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
LOL @ asshole of america... clearly you've never been to florida... or mississippi... or alabama... or, shit I could go on, but you probably get a sense of the region I'm describing.. and it ain't the southwest

rrr_img_61875.jpg
No, I've been to all of those places actually.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Freebirds isn't that great, and I'd argue that the mexican food here actually isn't that great, certainly not "authentic" unless you consider border-style tacos and chalupas (or basically any dish that requires a tortilla) as authentic mexican food.
cafe-poca-cosa.jpg

Freebirds isn't that great, and I'd argue that the mexican food here actually isn't that great, certainly not "authentic" unless you consider border-style tacos and chalupas (or basically any dish that requires a tortilla) as authentic mexican food.
People dont usually make the distinction between Tex-Mex and Mexican food. You can find authentic Mexican food in most big Texas cities run by Moms and Pops.

rrr_img_61883.jpg

apraetor

<Silver Donator>
I've seen this shit before but always wondered, they must be Mexican hipsters right? They can't be gangbangers, how the fuck do you run from the cops and/or mow down a police station with a .50 cal while wearing that stupid shit?
VICE on Mexican Pointy Boots

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thank God I live in Austin, TX. I get all the best mexican food, and even the original Chipotle -- Freebirds.
Fun fact: Freebirds originated in California before moving its HQ to College Station, TX. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that decision meeting. "Man, the weather here is too nice. Let's move to an ultra-conservative college town in rural Texas. I'm sure they want to buy burritos from hippies." And surprisingly, they did.

On a related note, I <3 Qdoba's Ancho Chile BBQ burritos, but there aren't any locations near me. Sad panda.

rrr_img_61884.jpg

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Thank God I live in Austin, TX. I get all the best mexican food, and even the original Chipotle -- Freebirds.
I've got a Freebirds near me that I've wanted to try but haven't managed to visit yet... guess I'll give it a shot this weekend
rrr_img_61885.jpg

VICE on Mexican Pointy Boots

thank god someone came in to reply to that for the fourth time on this page.. we were all wondering what that was about
rrr_img_61886.jpg