GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If the Lannisters have enough forces to actually be a threat to all of their enemies then they've totally jumped the shark on what is possible in the show. The entire marriage to the Tyrells was just to get them to ally with them and defend from Stannis originally.

House Tyrell was also the ones supplying food to King's Landing. So I really hope that small trailer wasn't as dumb about that as it appeared.

Siliconemelons

Yeah, I always thought it was dumb the Lannisters always had massive fully loyal armies en mass that could just walk in and take over every place they wondered over to.

But.. MONEY! or somesuch nonsense.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I always thought it was dumb the Lannisters always had massive fully loyal armies en mass that could just walk in and take over every place they wondered over to.

But.. MONEY! or somesuch nonsense.

This was brought up last year but realistically the only people they can call on are the Lannister forces of the West and maybe the Crownlands. Literally everyone else is allied against them.

Siliconemelons

If they are in Casterly Rock I cant imagine the war is going well for Cersei

She gives 0 fucks unlike Tywin did- I believe you see Danny sitting on the Rock Throne or whatever that is....

They also mentioned that Lannister $$ is all but dried / gone to a trickle because of all the war and manpower needed... so all she cares about is the iron throne and kings landing.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
If the Lannisters have enough forces to actually be a threat to all of their enemies then they've totally jumped the shark on what is possible in the show. The entire marriage to the Tyrells was just to get them to ally with them and defend from Stannis originally.

House Tyrell was also the ones supplying food to King's Landing. So I really hope that small trailer wasn't as dumb about that as it appeared.

I expect there will be some battles amongst the living down south before everyone realizes they're all on the menu. Cersei will have no fucks to give though and therein will come Jaime's dilemma.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Isn't Casterly Rock very much out of the way, assuming they come from the East? She must hit multiple locations fast, looks like her and Tyrion are standing in the strategy room of Dragonstone? Unless Casterly Rock has a room that looks almost exactly the same, which it might since they are both by the sea..

Xevy

Log Wizard
They probably gather up at Sunspear and then eventually sail to the west coast to slowly deplete the armies not at a King's Landing. At that point they're a sitting duck in King's Landing if they're attacked last and with Dragons at her disposal I don't think they can do much of anything to defend themselves.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I hate that this season will only be 7 episodes "due to the smaller amount of story content remaining, as well as the increased production values and time required to film episodes involving larger set pieces than in previous seasons."

There is plenty of story to tell, and if this series can't cover its production costs or hire the people to get it done timely, I don't know what is happening really.

Hope they don't fuck it up. The 20 minute-for-mobile plan is great, I hope they go for that, add microtransactions and turn it into a DOTA model, because everyone loves DOTA!

Cybsled

I was going to say that AT&T exec is a dumbass, but that would be an oxymoron.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Isn't $85 million dollars on the low side to acquire control over Time Warner?

It should be 85 billion. Surprised he hasn't edited it to fix the typo seeing how much traffic that story is getting, but I guess that's internet journalism for ya.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The 20 minutes-for-mobile isn't a bad thing necessarily but it becomes a problem when they start editing the individual 1 hour episodes to have these little micro arcs within each one for the purpose of breaking them up. That's when they start fucking things up for TV viewers for the benefit of the mobile only watchers. Kinda like the way TV series make all of their episodes largely self-contained so they can be shown out of sequence in syndication, compromising season long story arcs in the process.

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
20-minute-for-mobile is a fucking horrible idea. they should be trying to create a timeless cinematic masterpiece for the ages. gimmicks like that are going to reek in 20 years.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user