General Gaming News and Discussion

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Cosmetics are fine/great in something like azur lane where that's how they monetize, and you can pull every unit they release without spending a dime. And the skins are only like $10 to $15 or so with no rng. I much prefer that to the genshin model where you can save enough currency for 1 unit every 3-4 months or something. I think it's over $1k to max out a unit at c6, not even mentioning pulling for their weapon.

Epic7 is another great game where you can spend nothing and do everything (other than top tiers of RTA maybe) just by playing a lot.
Proud to say I have zero idea what any of that means. Also isn't there a separate forum for mobile games?

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>

I'll quote myself from Ghost of Tsushima:

"Side note, got interrupted mid-game by steam notice that they updated their terms - basically said agree or delete your account. I know we don't 'own' digital games but do you need to interrupt the game I just bought to rub my nose in dog-shit to prove it?"

Xevy

Log Wizard
Some guys buy cars to fix up, or warhammer figurines, or whatever. Other guys buy skins in weeb games.

They're all a colossal waste of money. But hey, that's on them.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'll quote myself from Ghost of Tsushima:

"Side note, got interrupted mid-game by steam notice that they updated their terms - basically said agree or delete your account. I know we don't 'own' digital games but do you need to interrupt the game I just bought to rub my nose in dog-shit to prove it?"

I was playing Deadlock and that suddenly appeared and I got ganked

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Some guys buy cars to fix up, or warhammer figurines, or whatever. Other guys buy skins in weeb games.

They're all a colossal waste of money. But hey, that's on them.

My land raiders can transport ten elite space marines of the Deathwing, veterans clad in ancient suits of tactical dreadnaught armor brandishing weapons of peerless construction wrought by the artifice of the tech priests of old Mars before it was sundered, directly into battle with the myriad enemies of mankind. Do not compare mankind's saviors, veterans of 10,000 years of combat in HIS name with anime skins.

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
My land raiders can transport ten elite space marines of the Deathwing, veterans clad in ancient suits of tactical dreadnaught armor brandishing weapons of peerless construction wrought by the artifice of the tech priests of old Mars before it was sundered, directly into battle with the myriad enemies of mankind. Do not compare mankind's saviors, veterans of 10,000 years of combat in HIS name with anime skins.

You can make those rookie Primaris into hardened veterans by adding a Service Stud for just $9.99....each!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I mean comparing fixing cars to whaling out in a gacha game? When I fix a car I get, guess what, a fucking car in the end. Figurines, you buy them, spend some time painting them all nice and you get some nice play pieces in the end or shit to adorn your gaming room. What do whales get? They get to spend more cash on the next set of worthless pixels. Pixels, man, fucking worthless pixels. There is no comparison to any hobby or whatever the fuck to spending RL moneys on a fucking worthless mobile game chase.

And to add further, this shit should be illegal. Its addictive and prays on kids and their parents wallets. Even some adults cannot control themselves. These games are literally no more than a GUI with addictive elements to siphon away your hard earned money.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I know we all 'met' around EQ , at least the old timers. I had a bad EQ addiction, or at least I did until I started reading about some of the poopsocking going on around here. But even then I realized it's all 1's and 0's and we in the end own nothing. Never got mad about gear, never got into a fight over KS, it's a game where noone knows nothing. When it started to get to me, I quit.
I do appreciate not everyone can relate. I don't get everyone being bent out of shape over someone 'blocking' them on FB. Who gives a fuck?