General Gaming News and Discussion

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
For 50 bucks its a good buy for a youngster. An even better buy if you can find someone or follow a few youtube tutorials to mod it and download every wii game ever made into it.
Make sure the remotes have wrist straps as they are very easy to throw by accident.
I modded my wii back in the day using a legend of zelda game , don't remember which one but I do recall it being very easy to do. At that point you have a new 'channel' and can run downloaded games. Weirdly, all we did with ours was play bowling and my wife used the board / workout accessory. Your kid should love it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm guessing sales have been shit for awhile for these companies and they know something we don't that's about to happen to the market. Never in my lifetime do I remember companies laying off before the holidays, they typically need more help. Unless they were really overstaffed and are cleaning house.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm guessing sales have been shit for awhile for these companies and they know something we don't that's about to happen to the market. Never in my lifetime do I remember companies laying off before the holidays, they typically need more help. Unless they were really overstaffed and are cleaning house.
More likely the board and CEO are hedging their books and create a little liquidity with uncertain times ahead.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

Random

never played Metroid fusion, mostly because the gameboy advance non backlit screen was a chore to play anything esp action on

playing it on switch Nintendo plus, it’s quite good

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Very corporate companies DO layoff before the holidays, because it cuts down on annual bonuses and all the annual HR paperwork for open enrollment.

Consider also that most of these people would have been paid to do nothing for 6 weeks due to change freezes and other technical stuff.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Random

never played Metroid fusion, mostly because the gameboy advance non backlit screen was a chore to play anything esp action on

playing it on switch Nintendo plus, it’s quite good
Zero Mission is also very good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
More likely the board and CEO are hedging their books and create a little liquidity with uncertain times ahead.
What could actually be happening is that all of these companies want to get acquired. Firing people to cook the books is what companies who want to get acquired do. "Look how low our headcount is vs revenue!?!?!"

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
What could actually be happening is that all of these companies want to get acquired. Firing people to cook the books is what companies who want to get acquired do. "Look how low our headcount is vs revenue!?!?!"

You think Sony is trying to get acquired?

• 1Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard
Bungie is overstaffed and they are dropping dead weight. In terms of holiday layoffs, companies have been doing it for the 20 years I've been in korporate amerika. Reason is simple. Many companies have fiscal years that coincide with the end of the calendar year, and they want their books cleaned up before going into the next fiscal year.

Tech in general sucking wind these days. Ad spend is way down, which is another big way companies cut back on to save cash.

Things will get really spicy when Embracer Group goes Tango Uniform. They own a lot of studios, and most of those will simply cease to exist.

Fucker

Log Wizard
No one is buying. Microsoft might siphon up a few things here and there, but that's it.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bungie needed an enema. They've been overdue for a house cleaning and I think the recent backlash and dip in Destiny 2 finally forced the culling. Just hoping they actually shit can those that deserve it and don't double down on woke bullshit.

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bungie needed an enema. They've been overdue for a house cleaning and I think the recent backlash and dip in Destiny 2 finally forced the culling. Just hoping they actually shit can those that deserve it and don't double down on woke bullshit.
Im not exactly sure of the supply and demand of the industry, but fuck yes - get the competition back into the hiring process for these jobs and stop putting them into a quota system ffs.

• 1Like

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Would not be surprised if A.I is already eliminating jobs from music, art, writing. Tech companies are also cutting all the activist fat right now.