Get Out (2017)

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
"hey i'm hearing positive things about this movie, Jordan Peele doing a horror movie. I wonder what foh thinks about this..."

"oh, right"

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Why is it every time I click a movie thread that features a movie that happens to have black people in it the entire fucking conversation in said thread is about the blackness of said movie

Some of you need to get a serious handle on your shit

Maybe because many of the "black" focused movies have racial components explicit in the films? Spoiler below for the "racial insight" of this film (Which ironically could be a slight against SJWs, but its also one of those moments where you realize Peele believes even people groveling and begging for black forgiveness are still racist--so really a toss up on the outrage meter. Me personally, I'm going to take is as Peele telling me its more than okay to tell blacks and anyone else to fuck off, because honest is a more refreshing quality than faux moral outrage. I'm satisfied with that.)

SJW yuppies steal young black bodies in order to continue living. An obtuse metaphor for how virtue signaling douches in white Liberal ivory towers "supposedly" still benefit from white privilege and exploit the black man..

I mean you fucking whiners, and Mr. IOOTO chaos chaos up there never fail though. You never quit wanting to ignore this shit and chastising people who react to it when it is literally overt and clear. And I'm not even speaking of casting, I mean the movie or entertainment has a very overt theme and there are stories and tons of articles about it.

For some, it’s the 53 percent of white women who voted for Trump, or finding out that the leader of your local NAACP chapter is literally a white woman in disguise. For others it’s finding out that Taylor Swift’s been coasting on America’s fear of black men for years. I feel it every time I realize there’s a white women on my Twitter timeline who will tweet in earnest for Planned Parenthood while sparing only a perfunctory tweet for Black Lives Matter or the Standing Rock Sioux.

The thought that white people may see you as no more than a body for use or a culture from which you can pick and choose what you like while discarding the rest and those who invented it? The idea that a white woman you see as your potential friend or ally will eventually prove to be looking out for her own best interests over yours or the greater good? These are concepts that the people of color watching this film are intimately familiar with.

Jordan Peele is married to and expecting a child with a white woman, Brooklyn Nine-Nine’s Chelsea Peretti. He’s also biracial; his mother is white. But as he reaffirms in his latest Nerdist interview with Chris Hardwick, Peele sees himself — and experiences the world — as a black man. American history is littered with the bodies of black men jailed, beaten, and killed due to the simple words of white women. “A few months later... two negro boys, ages 8 and 9 were arrested, tried, and sent to reform school for allegedly kissing or allowing themselves to be kissed by a neighborhood playmate, a 7-year-old white girl!” Langston Hughes wrote in 1962.

White women have always played, and continue to play, a large part in upholding the supremacy. They have not held the best interests of people of color. Putting full trust in them has often been to our detriment. Rose’s willingness to put herself and, essentially, the survival of white bodies above the well-being of black people was as unsurprising as it was terrifying. In Get Out, whiteness trumps all, and the true horror is leaving the theater knowing that, in this case? It's not just a movie.

Bu but guys, why is FOH talking about what is being shoved in their faces everyday! Go the fuck away you idiots, no one "here" is starting these conversations, they are thrust in our faces and we talk about it. I'm sorry we can't ignore reality to maintain your little bubbles. God damn, fucking people whining about discussion on a GOD DAMN DISCUSSION FORUM, just because its about race in a movie LITERALLY about race.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
Jesus fuck. Some of you people could use a solid roundhouse kick to the testicles.

It would be difficult to roundhouse kick someones balls unless the individual had very large balls dangling in front of them, and the end of the kick were to strike with the foot which is not optimal ( they probably have sensitive, small or normal sized balls making that entire scenario unlikely ). Preferably the individual being kicked would stand in a vertical split to await their punishment and the kick would land with the shin, maximizing impact to best get your point about this movie across in the most ball-crushingly effective way possible. Considering the physical state of the average forum browsing internet ghoul I doubt one could do such a split, and therefore would recommend various other nut-demolishing attacks instead, like a simple uppercut or front snap kick.

Also...I didn't watch the movie so no opinion on it either way.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Like 3 people are discussing the movie. Everyone else is just all "LAWL 100% YEAH RIGHT SJW SHIT". Again. Because everything is SJW shit.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
People who haven't seen the film are only discussing their worst fears of what it is (and also essentially implying there's no way it could possibly be good because it focuses on race). Seems like there's better places on this forum to get apoplectic about race issues if you haven't seen the film. Or, at least see the film or read more than one review before you do. That's what was retarded.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
If someone has actually seen the movie and feels it is full of SJW tryhard shit and whatever else, I would be interested to hear that.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If someone has actually seen the movie and feels it is full of SJW tryhard shit and whatever else, I would be interested to hear that.

It's got one negative review from a black guy that found it insulting.

5ltkzs.png

You're in the clear, whitey. It's probably great.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, dude already linked Armond White's review. Armond fucking White. The guy who troll reviews literally every single movie.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Armond White is an interesting guy. He clearly is a man who knows film and film criticism extremely well, which is why I sometimes hesitate to say he's a pure troll. Yet, the way he has continually pushed films like Norbit and Gamer makes it hard to take him seriously. He so often sees layers in a film that I don't think anyone else sees (writer/director included). I read him from time to time because he certainly has a unique perspective.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Armond White is a American Inventor's American Inventor. That is pretty much all there is to it.

• 1Like

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
I don't think that this was full of any type of SJW stuff at all. I think that it dances between both sides pretty well and deals with horseshoe theory in an interesting way. After reflecting a bit on it my one big criticism is that this shouldn't have been marketed as a horror movie and the needless jump scares and everything else added in to artificially give it enough moments to allow it to fit into that genre felt very forced and took a lot away from the final product. Taking a few scenes out this it's a very well done suspense film with the ending closing things out almost like a Mel Brooks movie where it just lets the satire boil over to an absurd point.

Some questionable editing and direction choices kind of fucked up a modern version of Blazing Saddles. Still, absolutely, doesn't deserve as many critics giving it a passing grade and that's a bit horseshit but the movie can stand on its own merits and I think that it missed an opportunity to do something really well.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Like 3 people are discussing the movie. Everyone else is just all "LAWL 100% YEAH RIGHT SJW SHIT". Again. Because everything is SJW shit.

It is full of SJW tryhard shit--because it satirizes it. That's the joke. It also though kind of confirms it (IE the whole point of the movie is black people are exploited most by SJWs). Peele, as always, dances the line very well. (Yes I've seen it. No, I didn't pay for it.)

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It is full of SJW tryhard shit--because it satirizes it. That's the joke. It also though kind of confirms it (IE the whole point of the movie is black people are exploited most by SJWs). Peele, as always, dances the line very well. (Yes I've seen it. No, I didn't pay for it.)
Thank you for your feedback. That makes sense, given who he is and what I have heard about the movie.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Thank you for your feedback. That makes sense, given who he is and what I have heard about the movie.

I mean, dude has a white wife and mother. It walks the line. It's biggest rebuke, for me, was against the moral outraged very wealthy Liberals who trumpet how terrible black people have it and then do nothing. But it had enough elements to be critical of people who believe there is no racism or no black exploitation. Which is why its the good kind of satire, because it tries to shit on everyone (Except, of course black people, but even then, it kind of does because it subtly, I felt, calls blacks retarded for being so easily manipulated by Liberals). It's funny though because it's most focused on how white women are the biggest downfall of black men :p, which, man, take that how you will. I'd love to know how his wife feels about that theme.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I saw this film last night. The trailer linked in the OP (and the trailer you've seen for it during the previews before other films) spoils the entire film. And most of it is in sequential order, too. If you've seen the trailer, you've seen the entire film, so the only reason why you would want to go is because you like horror and want to get scared or whatever.

I'm not a horror film buff by any means so take my review with a grain of salt. Peele does some very cool shots with the camera (like extreme closeups on faces contrasted with a normal closeup on the main character's face) to make the film visually interesting, but it does rely a bit too much on jump scares (usually sound-based, like sharp violins out of nowhere) for its horror component. The characters are, for the most part, wholly uninteresting. The main character (Chris) is pretty insufferable for the first half of the film because he has really poor communication skills and is pretty naive, but he really redeems himself in the second half of the film (which was the best part). There's a minor character, Rod, who's really funny and always a joy to watch (he's got some great one-liners, too). The writing overall isn't terribly interesting until the last 20-30 minutes of the film, which has some very creative and cool action/suspense sequences. The actors all do a great job but there aren't any super outstanding performances.

As far as "politics" goes, I have a hard time recognizing the film as total satire. Obviously there's gross exaggeration due to the fact that EVERY single black character is a good guy and EVERY single non-black character is a bad guy (that's not a spoiler, if you watched the trailer then you already know this) but I don't think it's Peele making fun of SJWs, I think he's trying to convey something along the lines of "The fear Chris experiences at the Armitage estate is a reflection of the fear Black people experience every day in white-dominated society." That's the message that I took from this and it made the first half of the film extremely uncomfortable (the first half is much more dialogue-heavy than the second half). I don't know Peele all that well but I know Keegan Michael-Key always leaned a bit more towards SJWism so I wonder if Peele shared similar opinions.

It's funny though because it's most focused on how white women are the biggest downfall of black men :p, which, man, take that how you will. I'd love to know how his wife feels about that theme.

Definitely disagree with this point lol. It's pretty obvious that:

Rose is absolutely batshit crazy and not really supposed to represent white women. Peele really went out of his way to make her crazier than any other character in the film.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I don't think every white character was bad, there was one that if you really think about it, may not have been.

I think the white cop that asks to see Chris's ID out in white-ville, is potentially not a racist at all. I think it would make a lot of sense for him to be actually on to (or suspicious of) what is happening at the Armitage place and Rose defends Chris so hard to keep him out of the system so there is no trail of him going up there. Black people keep going up there, and none of them leave. The cop is one of the biggest tropes in the movie and kind of sticks out, so it would make sense to me for him to be more than he seems.

Especially since the reason they picked black people is because Grandpa lost to Jessie Owens to make the Olympic team and is basically just jealous of black people's athleticism

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
All you cucks going to see this 2 or 3 times in the theater?

Fuck this movie, its premise, and everyone involved in it.