Ghost in the Shell (2017)

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Scarjo is preferable because of her name recognition. Pacific Rim did not succeed here thanks to no name actors left and right. Just broke even. Probably saved because of Asian market.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
No asian actress could have saved the movie anyway, it still would have been shit, except we'd hear a horrible accent.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
No asian actress could have saved the movie anyway, it still would have been shit, except we'd hear a horrible accent.
Thank god.

Edit

Noticed earlier from the credit some of the companies associated with production were Chinese. Kind of interesting. Maybe that is why this movie had an odd mixture of chinese and japanese actors. And....just 100 million dollar production budget. Holy shit....this movie feels more like 200 million dollar movie...

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Japanese Fans React to ‘Ghost in the Shell’
"I heard people in the U.S. wanted an Asian actress to play her," he said. "Would that be OK if she was Asian or Asian-American? Honestly, that would be worse, someone from another Asian country pretending to be Japanese. Better just to make the character white."

lol japs still salty Memoirs of a Geisha (2005) - IMDb memoirs of a geisha were Chinese cast, cuz there aren't any good Japanese actresses (i'd argue for Nanako, but that's it)

also japan is racist as fuck towards other asians

japs hate koreans with a passion, it's like a past time
n-unrapporteur-b-20160209.jpg

fuck-korea-anti-Korean-protest-Japan-01.jpg

1060647.jpg

headlineImage.adapt.1460.high.japan_anti_korea.1415807477332.jpg

You could be a forth generation Korean in japan, speak fully japanese, and you'd wouldn't have japan citizenship

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
lol japs still salty Memoirs of a Geisha (2005) - IMDb memoirs of a geisha were Chinese cast, cuz there aren't any good Japanese actresses (i'd argue for Nanako, but that's it)

View attachment 130930
View attachment 130931
View attachment 130932
View attachment 130933
You could be a forth generation Korean in japan, speak fully japanese, and you'd wouldn't have japan citizenship
part reason why I can never go to Japan

;_;

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Scarjo is preferable because of her name recognition. Pacific Rim did not succeed here thanks to no name actors left and right. Just broke even. Probably saved because of Asian market.

Not gonna save this one. Pacific Rim had about more than twice the opening weekend, more staying power and was cheaper to make in the first place.

This one's in deep red accounting territory.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider

View attachment 130930
View attachment 130931
View attachment 130932
View attachment 130933
Koreans are also racist as fuck, to all races (except the French)

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Thank god.

Edit

Noticed earlier from the credit some of the companies associated with production were Chinese. Kind of interesting. Maybe that is why this movie had an odd mixture of chinese and japanese actors. And....just 100 million dollar production budget. Holy shit....this movie feels more like 200 million dollar movie...
It's because China only let's about a dozen or so foreign movies get released legally a year. It's why movies are now featuring more and more Chinese cast and locations. Because of that we are getting useless Chinese characters thrown into movies, like that scientist sidekick in Kong or pilot in independence day sequel or transformers 4 in Hong Kong.

No idea how the hell the WTO allows that.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
It's because China only let's about a dozen or so foreign movies get released legally a year. It's why movies are now featuring more and more Chinese cast and locations. Because of that we are getting useless Chinese characters thrown into movies, like that scientist sidekick in Kong or pilot in independence day sequel or transformers 4 in Hong Kong.

At least they are something to look at.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Don't forget every other xwing pilot was asian in both movies too!

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm

View attachment 130930
View attachment 130931
View attachment 130932
View attachment 130933
But they were right about Memoirs of a Geisha imo.

Plus who the fuck isn't racist?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
But they were right about Memoirs of a Geisha imo.

Plus who the fuck isn't racist?
naw they weren't, it's like saying, all those 12 years a slave and black slave shows, shoulda used real africans named Adebowale, and he better bring along his birth spear.

Jap bitches, 10 years ago, even now, dont' have anyone even remotely comparable to Gong Li
ab4afb24439f10e66193d9d872291e12.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is a movie that really wants you to like it, and in some ways, I really want to like. It's sort of a retelling and a prequel to a retelling all in one, with scenes from the original shoehorned in. Ironically, the re-used scenes where by far the best, and most coherent, in the movie. The pacing of almost every non-homage scene was absolutely all over the place, making it feel like either they deleted half an hour of movie or (more likely) re-wrote half an hour of script out.

There's good bits, there's bad bits, there's pretty bits, there's ugly bits. Scarjo is way better and way more Major than I was expecting them to ask of her, which is why the bad bits hurt the most. Overall the casting was pretty on point, in my opinion. The bad parts stand out so much because of the good sprinkled in between. I think it could have been (and was not exceedingly far from being) a fantastic movie, but someone or someones somewhere along the line fucked it up into solid mediocrity.

If an extended cut comes out, I will give it a round 2, but otherwise I doubt I'll ever care to re-watch it.