Ghost of Tsushima

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
Odd. I just continued seamlessly.
Ah yeah you are right. about 5 minutes through the credits it finally popped up the "hit esc to skip credits" and when I did so, the only options were quit game. I went back and kept waiting watching the credits but every time i hit escape to skip them, i only had the choice to quit game. apparently if you just wait out the credits you eventually will continue the game.

Too late now I already went back to an earlier save and started Iki island

spronk

FPS noob
i wonder if i was just in the wrong mood when i played this game, i 100%'d the base game (not the DLC) and just found it kinda bland. oh well, GoT 2 coming in a year or two i'll definitely play that

should play the DLC but its tough to go back to these kind of games

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

It was fine as an extension of the base game but honestly didn't add much. Not to spoil, but...

I get really turned off by hallucination/dream/memory plotlines unless they're really expertly crafted.

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
i wonder if i was just in the wrong mood when i played this game, i 100%'d the base game (not the DLC) and just found it kinda bland. oh well, GoT 2 coming in a year or two i'll definitely play that

idk it could just be that I was in a specific mood but I really enjoyed this story. Unlike Assassin's Creed: N*ggas in ParisKyoto, this one is actually based on somewhat historically accurate events.

I'm very much anti-weeb especially after being stationed in Japan for 10 years and dealing with weebs drooling over the latest anime who's story essentially revolves around "+9000 power!!!" week after week, so I am perhaps, overcritical of games based in/on Japan. idk I just enjoyed the central conflict of losing ones honor to overcome an enemy that has no honor, the whole bushido samurai vs ronin/ninja dichotomy and the choices the game forces you to make.

I don't know man the story just slaps. Then again I thought Outriders had one of the best storylines/plots/twists of the 20th century so take it for what its worth. And I don't mean "video game stories" I mean one of the best stories out of any media, period. If I were a Hollywood dude I would be adapting it into a sci-fi movie asap. It's sad when a 20 hour looter shooter campaign delivers a more compelling storyline than a 300 hour open world RPG filled with quests.