Ghostbusters (2016)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They did that because 1984 ghostbusters has experienced a resurgence in video sales and probably dont want some shitpile with the same name fucking it up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Fucking hell, went in expecting a 2, it's actually a solid 5. Aside from the end boss looking like a bad rag doll, gfx were really good. A lot of the first encounter ghosts were nice. When the girls (minus the black beast) were just sitting around shooting the shit, not bad. Thor is pretty good too.

The bad: the black beast is intolerable

Her job was to be a female black version of this meme
34qtjd2.jpg

Would have been better with just the three white chicks and Thor, they at least seem to have chemistry, black beast just fucks it all up.

The fight scenes and banter is very bad, probably cuz they're just "acting" in front of a green screen, but it's really hard to watch.

Overall i can see kids enjoying it.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Had the opposite, went in expecting a 4-5 and it was much worse than I expected. Terrible and awkward all around. So much shit in this movie made absolutely no sense and is just confusing

Bad guy can control the entire population at will, but leaves the 4 women alone
giphy.gif

Last edited:

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Fucking hell, went in expecting a 2, it's actually a solid 5. Aside from the end boss looking like a bad rag doll, gfx were really good. A lot of the first encounter ghosts were nice. When the girls (minus the black beast) were just sitting around shooting the shit, not bad. Thor is pretty good too.

The bad: the black beast is intolerable

Her job was to be a female black version of this meme
View attachment 78872

Would have been better with just the three white chicks and Thor, they at least seem to have chemistry, black beast just fucks it all up.

The fight scenes and banter is very bad, probably cuz they're just "acting" in front of a green screen, but it's really hard to watch.

Overall i can see kids enjoying it.

Disagree completely. It was really bad. The script writers, director, and editors should never work in movies ever again. Anyone else WTF at the obvious set up for a massive dance scene that was never used and then magically showed up in parts for the credits? Also, Leslie Jones was the only one of the four that gave any kind of realistic performance. She reacted to ghosts, for one, which none of the others ever did.

The low point for me was the science chick. She was just terrible. Her script didn't help, but she sure didn't do anything with it.

McCarthy and Wig played the same characters they do in every other movie and it didn't work. Individually they were okay, not great, but together they were a bust.

1/10 - would not watch again or recommend to anyone. Paul Feig should never work in Hollywood ever again. He doesn't know shit about how to make a movie.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Just imagine! Ghosts from outer space! Yes! Billions of dollars are ready to make their way into your pocket with this idea!

I am still shocked how pompous, out of touch and full of hot air he is.

Hope he fucks off down Moron Street for good.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I almost want to say this movie is so bad it deserves to be seen but only if you pirate it or if someone you don't really like, or have a grudge against, is paying. Almost...

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Realistically, it wasn't "that bad". So...

I just watched it with the kids. They loved it. Of course they did, they are kids and loved the previous movies, and still have their souls intact, unlike you cynical jaded bastards.

I went in expecting a 2/10 movie, and it wasn't that bad.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
When I think of a movie that is a 1, 2 or even a 3, I think of something like the live action Avatar, Dragonball Movie and things of that nature. I'd agree that this was probably a 4-5, some funny scenes with Thor being a dumbass, nice looking special effects, but doesn't compare in any way to the original. Was kinda cool that they had cameo's from the original actors at least

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Honestly, if it was the exact same movie using the original actors instead of the female cast (well, everyone except Egon, except he could always appear as a ghost), everyone would say how amazing this movie was. It's entirely because they changed it to women that caused everyone to freak the fuck out. It was entertaining.