Ghostbusters (2016)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's weird coming into an already merged thread and wondering wtf is going on.

I enjoyed watching that Scientist Man video. Really fucks with your head about the whole situation.

Echuta

Golden Knight of the Realm
My son wanted to see it so I went in trying to have an open mind and hoping it wouldn't be too terrible. I was face palming about 30 minutes in. I maybe chuckled twice during the whole thing (hemworth scenes) but it's fair to say I walked out without seeing/hearing one memorable scene/joke/line. The original you had so memorable quotes and scenes, but this one I walked away barely able to remember the character names. 3 of the female leads basically played themselves with some scientific sounding words thrown in their lines.
They crammed all the character traits from the first movie (Egon's scientific brilliance, Ray's boyish enthusiasm, and Venkman's quirky humor) and jammed all into Holtzman's character. I had hoped she was going to be the one bright spot but even after an hour her character traits were wearing me down.

my other gripe is that apparently one of those laughing seagulls came to this movie and sat in row behind me. All the jokes that were in the trailers were killing him. Know your audience I suppose.

4/10

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its been a few weeks since i watched this and its really forgettable. they catch one ghost and let it out to kill bill murray. and they shot a fat ghost in his dick. oh and slimer has a girlfriend.yeah not much.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The consensus on this movie is too hard to nail down. Is it the best movie of 2016 or the best movie of the last decade? Also fuck guys right in their dicks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
LOL, I think I have a really simple mind when it comes to movies. I took my wife to see this as she really wanted to and went in with an open mind. I laughed a lot and had a great time, really enjoyed it. I still chuckle with that scene in the beginning where she is talking about having talked to the owner of the initial house or whatever and Zach Woods (dude from Silicon Valley) is all freaked out because he died 10 yrs ago when they are obviously talking about the son.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The article I read earlier they were saying it's "not" really losing money because they had a huge spike in people buying the old one lol. They're banking on making money with wax figures at a deal to look at wax figures LOL.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
thats what happens when you market your film against the target audience that will decide if this makes money. only the boobs at Sony would come up with that brilliant plan. i cant believe that they were actually allowed to go in that direction. according to that article they spent at least 150 million in marketing alone. 150 million to tell men to go fuck themselves. bravo bravo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
thats what happens when you market your film against the target audience that will decide if this makes money. only the boobs at Sony would come up with that brilliant plan. i cant believe that they were actually allowed to go in that direction. according to that article they spent at least 150 million in marketing alone. 150 million to tell men to go fuck themselves. bravo bravo.

The shit talking that went on will keep me from ever paying for any of their movies again, not sure how many other people feel this way but hopefully this shit bites them in the ass down the road. Fuck Feig and all the others like Judd Apatow that kept insulting anyone who thought the movie looked like shit

Judd Apatow: ‘Ghostbusters’ Haters Are Donald Trump Supporters

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Guys, guys, of course these people need to be censored. The millionaires and billion dollar global corporation, who have access to major media corporations, entire PR teams, and regularly talk to and interact with the most powerful and influential people on earth are victims. I mean sure, the "bullies" might supposedly be homeless losers that can't even get someone to love them (IF the insults from these idiots are to be believed), but they still hold all the power because they have a penis (Even if they don't) and are beating up on these poor extremely wealthy, powerful people.

Ugh, can you even IMAGINE the privilege of that average guy in the internet for daring to be able to criticize a proud millionaire woman, or ally of women (Who are very clearly the one's without power)? He's obviously got more power in the exchange and the media really needs to defend those corporations and wealthy people.

And who are defending the ultra wealthy and large, greedy corporations, who are actively denigrating average working class folks that are criticizing them for naked cash grabs and corporate greed? 1980's Republicans? Bush Era Republicans? Nope...Modern Liberals. Way to go guys. The wealthy have found a way to turn their biggest critics and skeptics into a more voracious support base than the conservatives ever could have hoped for with dumb hicks.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I do enjoy watching thought control attempts go down in flames with a heavy price tag.

So maybe I liked this movie without seeing it in a way, u kno?