Girls who broke your heart thread

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Haka Shakamalakabalsaka said:
I"ll try and help you out when I get home but yes the template I used was from the attraction forum. What you need to do is this basically:

*Do not say "I"m looking for XYZ and really like girls who ABC and don"t like DEF" because youdo not want to discount any potential girls

*Be confidence but not arrogant. Brad"s specifically reeked of arrogance and had a smuggy air to it.

*BE FUNNY. If the girl does not laugh I"d say at least every 3 sentences you"re doing it wrong. Your DHV deliveries online need to come in a funny way -- this is different than DHV spiking at the bar.

*Use a list. It makes things easy to read and makes it seem very well organized. Lists also get away from the "wall of text" profiles that are difficult to get through.

*Your profile cannot last more than 3 minutes to read but I would suggest maybe 1.5-2 minutes. This accomplishes two goals. One they can read it and figure out if they"re interested in you quickly. This means you do not have to write a million jokes. The next goal is to convey you are not taking this all too seriously. Unlike Cajun I do not think you should overtly come out and say it ... this leads me to some subpoints.

*Do not say shit like "I am funny" or "I am outgoing" or shit like that.PROVE IT. If you"re not taking online dating seriously,PROVE IT. If you"re funny,PROVE IT. Its easy to say anything and lie on the internet and these girls know it.

I can post more later but I need to get going to a meeting.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, even though I"m getting around a 20-30% response rate with the divorce line, I really need to improve my profile. As it is right now, it"s extremely boring really:

About me: I like to be physically active, I play in a few different rec leagues locally, I occasionally golf (poorly), I frequently mountain bike and/or run in the river valley, on any given weekend there"s a good chance I"ll be in the mountains skiing in the winter or camping in the summer, I check out live music as much as possible. Ripping around on my Yamaha R6 is pretty fun as well, although it"s always an adventure seeing which soccer mom in a SUV will try to run me off the road. I try to make at least one big trip a year to somewhere new, and multiple smaller trips here and there along the way. Travelling is definitely something I"d like to do more of. I check out concerts as much as I can, big fan of live music.

When I"m not having fun, I own and operate a construction company, family business kind of thing. I don"t have a long term plan really, other than living the good life and staying out of trouble (kind of). Freedom 35 sounds nice though.

As far as what I"m looking for, I don"t have any huge hang ups or preferences, but I would like someone who is also physically active and fit who enjoys some of the same things as me. I"m not looking for the female version of me, of course, as that would just be boring (and unattractive)! Drop me a line if you"re interested.
After having read some of the stuff here and on the attraction forums, it"s obvious my profile is woefully inadequate, I just haven"t had the time or energy to bother sprucing it up. And for the time being, I got both numbers of the girls I posted pics of recently, one wanted to meet up last night (was packing for the weekend and about to hit the sack, said I"d drunken text her over the weekend and we"d do something next week) and the other invited me to come out for a friend"s birthday on Saturday. So for the time being I"ll see where those two go.

Yeah, definitely look into spicing up your profile. When I first started my profile was bland and only had around a 20-30% response rate. Then I took some tips from Cajun"s and other posts on the attraction forums and my response rate shot up easily 50-60%.

Brad2770

I am surely not looking for arrogance. Mine is too extreme to believe in the first place.

I dont get butt hurt if a woman doesnt want anything to do with me. Well, except my ex. I know that the right thing will come my way when its time. I want to have fun doing this stuff and I am surely done bending over backwards for someone. I just want things to happen and for it to happen by me truly being myself.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
^yeah, that"s kind of the way I feel about "gaming." I do intend on reading more about it and at least understanding the underlying concepts, but I really have no interest in going around lying about shit or exaggerating aspects of my personality or life just to set off the proper receptors in some chick"s brain. From my perspective, I"m pretty fucking awesome and have pretty much everything going for me, minus the balding.

Like I said, understanding the concepts and using them while still being yourself is one thing, and something I"m going to work on. Especially because looking back, I realized that I made some pretty huge blunders with Chuck. She was genuinely interested in and attracted to me initially, but I fucked things up royally along the way and from what I can tell, I"m now just another desperate dude pawing at her and there"s probably nothing I can do to fix it.

I don"t think there"s some secret code to this shit, as someone said WAY the fuck back in this thread, what a lot of "game" is, is just applied psychology.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I"m meeting the family this weekend. And not like just the parents....but like 30 members all at once being it"s her sons 1st birthday party.

Fuck.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
aychamo_aycono said:
Don"t beat yourself up over Chuck. It seems she had a lot of other "issues" so it probably wasn"t even your fault.
I"m not beating myself up, too much anyway. I guess I"m just a little choked about having fucked it up. Even if she wasn"t as awesome as I thought, and I"m sure she isn"t (looking at it more objectively there"s some shit about her that pisses me off, mainly that she was pretty self-involved and never really seemed to give to go with the take in terms of conversations etc), she was still pretty cool and it would have been interesting to see where things went. She"s pretty much the first girl in 5+ years that I grew strongly attached to, and very quickly. Virtually every other girl I"ve dated over the years I"ve entered the "meh" stage by about date 5.

Whatever though, in 20 minutes I"ll be getting on a tour bus with 20 other cool dudes and 3 strippers for a weekend of debauchery. I have already been informed that I"m one of only a couple single guys on the bus, and that it"s pretty much expected of me to have sex with at least one of the peelers. Volcano dick here I come!

Ralphus_foh

shitlord
I"ve had some mixed luck lately...

Model replied and have had an ongoing dialogue with. Lot of RL drama though.
Another Model,,,same thing as above but need to shit or get off the pot with.
A girl who"s done a calendar shoot...DAMN OLD PICS though.
Another smoking hot girl with,,,OLD PICS. Hung up on that one. Friggen 4 year old photos. Just not honest, and Im all about that haha.
Latest One, pretty hot bartender. Gonna try to work a date for this weekend asap.

Really big turn off for me is getting a woman on the phone and hearing that raspy smoker"s voice...sheeeesh. That and finding out the pics they post are old.

I have a funny idea for a profile...I"ll link it if/when I do it. Something tells me it"ll be like a Japaneese Whaling fleet pulling up to Tuna town. Did I get that quote right?

OH, another tip with initial letters women LOVE. Disparage yourself some. Women love to nurture and care and if they dont F"em. You dont want her.

Brad2770

Or "Choo choo- chugga chugga chugga"

Since I have changed my profile, no responses.

the "chubby" girl I was talking to, it died down. We werre talking about RL stuff. I felt like we were getting to know each other. I was tossing in jokes here and there. I made no effort to say "Lets go get a drink" or anything like that. I am not in a hurry. Not sure if I lost her interest because I didnt make a move soon enough.

another woman, we really had a lot in common. sent her a message 6 days ago pointing out a few things we had in common and how we could talk for hours about silly things since we seemed to have the same sense of humor. My message still sits in her mail box read, but not deleted. hers was the only one I didnt delete. Of all the profiles I read, i really liked hers. Here"s to hoping she will contact, but I am not holding my breath.

I am also noticing a lot of the Houston women have their profiles set so that you cannot contact them unless you live close. This is kind of sucking for talking to them in Houston. meh

Brad2770 said:
Or "Choo choo- chugga chugga chugga"

Since I have changed my profile, no responses.

the "chubby" girl I was talking to, it died down. We werre talking about RL stuff. I felt like we were getting to know it each. I was tossing in jokes here and there. I made no effort to say "Lets go get a drink" or anything like that. I am not in a hurry. Not sure if I lost her interest because I didnt make a move soon enough.

another woman, we really had a lot in common. sent her a message 6 days ago pointing out a few things we had in common and how we could talk for hours about silly things since we seemed to have the same sense of humor. My message still sits in her mail box read, but not deleted. hers was the only one I didnt delete. Of all the profiles I read, i really liked hers. Here"s to hoping she will contact, but I am not holding my breath.

I am also noticing a lot of the Houston women have their profiles set so that you cannot contact them unless you live close. This is kind of sucking for talking to them in Houston. meh
First, I wouldn"t mention about how much you have in common, same sense of humor, etc in the first message. The first message should be short, say something funny/interesting about something they had in her profile then ask an engaging question, one that makes it seem like you"re genuinely interested. Do not ask lame questions like "so where do you work? dur" ask something different that she probably hasn"t been asked before.

It makes you seem like you are only interested in women who have more than just looks, that you"re funny, and that you care. 3 things women love, 3 things you just bullshit your way through just to get them to respond.

Keep in mind this doesn"t guarantee responses, but for me at least it has a 80-90% response rate because my profile is solid. Now that you"re profile is updated give it a try.

Second, you can change what city you"re living in in the "edit profile" section. Set it to Houston and message them and change it back if you need to.

Brad2770

My thing is, when I goto a bar (or if I am anywhere) and feel like talking to a woman, I say some of the stupidest shit to them. I have to be stupid to break the ice. I guess I am kind of losing that in translation from In person to Internet.

So, I tried to act as if some woman told me her profile as if she was in front of me and this is what i came up with... I am trying to understand this shit. I appreciate the patience from you guys.

woman"s profile (its pretty short. i felt it was good practice)-

I am independent and looking to have some fun. My friends and family are very important to me. I am driven and I have dreams and aspirations. I enjoy spending nights out with friends but I am also very content curled up watching a good movie at home.

My response-

I noticed you are driven in your profile. Do you like your driver?

I hired Herold in 2005 and he was a decent driver for me, but I am beginning to think he is not happy with his job. I pay him well, I keep the car well maintained and he has plenty of time off, including an awesome vacations package, but he seems unhappy.

What do you do to keep your driver happy? I would really appreciate this advice. Thanks.

B

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ok thats pretty funny Brad the chick could be a bitch or have no sense of humor. It took me a little while to figure out how to online game girls and I don"t think theres really a set template but heres a few tips.

*Judge the length of your reply based upon the length of hers. If you send a few sentences(note: always do this for the first) and she replies back with a paragraph then you should match it. If her reply is short then keep yours short.

*PoF girls seem to prefer short and to-the-point email. Match is different where the girls tend to prefer more drawn out stuff.

*You have to get a correct "feeling" that the time is right to escalate the conversations. Generally this happens at around the 4th exchange. What I do is give her my personal email account. If she likes me enough to go into her personal account and send me a message back that pretty much means I"m green-lighted to ask for her phone#.If it does not feel right to ask her for more information then the time is wrong. I can"t count the number of conversations I"ve killed because I tried to escalate too fast.

All of this is really moot though if your profile does not stand out. To really get good success rates (60% I consider good) you need anoutstandingprofile.

Brad2770 said:
So, I tried to act as if some woman told me her profile as if she was in front of me and this is what i came up with... I am trying to understand this shit. I appreciate the patience from you guys.

woman"s profile (its pretty short. i felt it was good practice)-

I am independent and looking to have some fun. My friends and family are very important to me. I am driven and I have dreams and aspirations. I enjoy spending nights out with friends but I am also very content curled up watching a good movie at home.

My response-

I noticed you are driven in your profile. Do you like your driver?

I hired Herold in 2005 and he was a decent driver for me, but I am beginning to think he is not happy with his job. I pay him well, I keep the car well maintained and he has plenty of time off, including an awesome vacations package, but he seems unhappy.

What do you do to keep your driver happy? I would really appreciate this advice. Thanks.

B
IMO, the driven thing wasn"t really a good spring board to use in her profile. It doesn"t seem like you linked her whole profile though, but if that"s all it says there really isn"t much to go on anyway, so I guess it worked for it"s purpose. Doubt she"ll respond though, it almost seems desperate like you couldn"t come up with anything exciting to talk about so you just grabbed the first word that you saw and ran with it.

Usually if I find a bangable chick that just has a shitty profile or nothing for me to go on, that"s when I used a copy pasta opener like the divorce line or others if they work for you.

Lowk_foh

shitlord
Brad2770 said:
She was 19 too. met her at Chili"s. She thinks I am 25.
Ok, I AM 25 and shes 19, and this isn"t a online dating thing. Is this borderline pedoism? or should i stop feeling a little guilty?

on a side note..

If anyone thinks my current situation isn"t creepy, what age difference makes a relationship (i am using the term quite loosely here) out of line.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
depends on the age of the youngest involved.

The 6 year difference Brad speaks of isn"t a big deal if she"s 19.

However if the guy is 22 and the girl is 16 thats where the line gets drawn in my opinion.

Anything over that is fine in my eyes. (17 year old with a 23 year old and so on and so forth.)

Dr.Knockers_foh

shitlord
Divorce line is clutch.

"oh no noo noo hunny you are not getting away that easily. lol
you are officially my fav. person on here lol.
thanks for the message.
ill come up with a "signed your ex wife" response later.
hope to hear back from you.
maybe we can try this again but actually getting the chance to
actually converse."

Took 10 minutes from sending email --> talking on phone. I"m getting laid tonight. Thanks FoH!