Girls who broke your heart thread

Lowk_foh

shitlord
aychamo_aycono said:
Please don"t take offense. Do not message any girls yet while your profile remains like that. I will write you when I have a bigger break today at work.
Aych, write me a profile.

I don"t intended to message anyone with it, but there may be lulz to be had with a idea i have in my head.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well, advice seems to be working so far I guess, tonight when I got off work 2 different girls opened up IMs with me at the same time within 5 minutes of logging in. I could have done better in my conversations I"m sure, but it was good practice either way. Texted back and forth with the better looking of the 2 for over an hour.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Antarius said:
Seeing as how much fun/luck everyone else has been having with online dating has convinced me to try my hand. Any advice and whatnot on my profile would be appreciate.

AdamHenri Aviation, Video Games, Politics, Military, Cars

Background - 40 year old virgin, except I"m only 26 (obviously not putting that in my profile). When everyone else was getting laid and high/drunk in high school I was raiding and pvp"ing in Everquest. Just recently, within the past 6 months started learning about "game" and whatnot, now I"d like to start trying to apply what little I"ve learned.
I"m guessing I looked at the updated profile, but I see 2 problems with it: for one you aren"t smiling in any pic and apparently only have 1 friend who you go to empty bars with, and two your profile has no hook.

Girls care most that you enjoy yourself, you have to show that in your pictures. Put a really bad photoshop of you and your best friend Mr. T in gold chains, one of you playing with your dog and smiling, out with friends at a lively place, etc.

For the profile, a few details are interesting to me, but I"m bored reading the text. The first thing you talk about is your car, and you kind of draw on about it with no enthusiasm. You want a hook in the first sentence, a joke, something really interesting, unique, etc. You are an air traffic controller which is (to me) a fairly interesting job, how about saying "I"m an excellent air traffic controller, I"ve only crashed 9 planes so far" or something else simple and light.

The rest of the text is pretty general. You like people, you avoid drama but like it, you like your cars, but also like other people"s cars, you will buy a house but now you"re renting, you"ve had good opportunities in life. I know absolutely nothing about you at all from reading that. Put some passion (I hate that word) into the profile, your spirit isn"t in it. Girls like a guy who believes in himself and 100% believes the things he says. You may think you come off better by saying "I like this BUT..." "I think this BUT..." and being open-minded but it just makes you look like every other guy who is afraid to say what they think and want.

For example, you say you love your job, but nothing else about it. How about "I love my job, it can be very stressful sometimes but I love the intensity of having to make life-or-death decisions under pressure and the adrenaline that comes from not having a second to breath during rush hour (there is a rush hour for planes? suddenly I"m intrigued)."

I know nothing about the job I just pulled bullshit from Pushing Tin in 2 minutes, but hopefully you get the idea.

Also you have no selectivity embedded in your profile. What kind of girl do you want? If you make your profilelooklike you are looking for a certain type of girl, those who fit that profile (or think they do, this is the trick) suddenly think you and her have some automatic connection. Try to think like a girl and put general statements that are disguised as very specific (think astrology). Make them think you and them were meant to be together. You want a girl who is different than other girls, who doesn"t let little things bother her, who cares more about the big picture, who is easy going, who likes to have fun, blah blah blah. Some statements are better than others, I didn"t really put any effort into mine, but this is probably the most important thing about your profile. Just like astrology can make statements that fit ANYONE but makes you feel like they describe the deepest aspects of your personality, so too can you make the "what I"m looking for..." part of your profile do the same thing.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Azrayne said:
She has a boyfriend, I don"t see why there should be any course of action. Moving in on another guys GF is pretty weak.
1. I"d move in on her.
2. Take tons of nudies.
3. Send them to her BF
4. Post them on FoH.
5. Never talk to her again.
6. Lulz

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Antarius said:
K, "Trying out PoF" First 3 sentances, and creepy shirtless picture are as good as gone.

The only reason I put up "creepy shirtless picture" in the first place was from other advice I read which said, post up a couple pictures on amihotornot.com and use your top rated photo... "creepy shirtless pic" got a 8.5 after 100 votes, nothing else I tried got over a 6.5 (yes, I know I"m completely average looking at best). I didn"t understand it, but then again, there are so many more things that I don"t that I didn"t question it.
It was a great idea the hotornot.com thing, but yeah, remove any shirtless pictures and remove the picture of you just sitting there by yourself. If you"re sitting by yourself and you take a webcam photo that tells me you don"t have any friends and therefore are boring. No girl wants to see that. You gotta have more photos of you out having fun.

Rush_foh

shitlord
So I just posted this in the FSR Thread, but I think that it belongs here too...

howtonotfailatlifepn3he9.png

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Somewhat amusing, but I"m just glad that I"m not such a reclusive weirdo that social interaction is a chore and not something to be enjoyed like whoever wrote that.

Jabberwhacky_foh

shitlord
Is PoF really that much more popular (in terms of users) than OKCupid? It seems backwards since PoF is ghetto as hell and OKCupid has a really nice layout with all sorts of nice features, like questions and personality tests. Just the way OKCupid has your page broken down encourages a lot more writing, which in turn allows you that much more information to find a commonality or "hook" when contacting a chick (and vice versa).

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Brad2770 said:
At this point, I dont care. I want to be myself. If she thinks I am weird, then so be it. Like I also said, I am over 4 hours away from her. I dont really care. Was just being friendly, nothing more. Had she been a HE, my conversation would have been fine.
I"m not saying you have to be someone or something you"re not. I very much agree with you in that respect, hence why I"m not all that interested in "game" except perhaps for the underlying lessons on how women think.

What I"m saying is, don"t pour out your heart to every waitress that is overly friendly to you, or anyone you come across. Avoid that particular topic if you can. Don"t lie. But you don"t have to immediately give every woman you meet your complete life history. Because by doing so, you"re sending up a whole shitload of warning flags that you"re perhaps a bit of a head case, and that"s just not attractive.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Jabberwhacky said:
Is PoF really that much more popular (in terms of users) than OKCupid? It seems backwards since PoF is ghetto as hell and OKCupid has a really nice layout with all sorts of nice features, like questions and personality tests. Just the way OKCupid has your page broken down encourages a lot more writing, which in turn allows you that much more information to find a commonality or "hook" when contacting a chick (and vice versa).
I like Cupid better as a site, as far as replies and dates go I got more off of Fish, but Cupid wouldn"t be hard to beat in that respect as I only got one reply and one date from a girl on OKCupid.

However, that one girl is the one I"m in a relationship with now and honestly don"t see that ever changing.

So for me, Cupid was one of those Quality > Quantity things.

Probably different for everyone though.

Eomer said:
I"m not saying you have to be someone or something you"re not. I very much agree with you in that respect, hence why I"m not all that interested in "game" except perhaps for the underlying lessons on how women think.

What I"m saying is, don"t pour out your heart to every waitress that is overly friendly to you, or anyone you come across. Avoid that particular topic if you can. Don"t lie. But you don"t have to immediately give every woman you meet your complete life history. Because by doing so, you"re sending up a whole shitload of warning flags that you"re perhaps a bit of a head case, and that"s just not attractive.
Quoted for truth.

I don"t want to know about a girl"s ex"s, esp not early on. I"m pretty sure they never want to hear about mine.

I was chatting with some girls the other day and they all said this was a huge turn off, I was surprised how many guys start rattling on about ex"s on first and second dates.

Also, from what I gather, shirtless pics on the internet makes it look like you"re trying too hard/showing off, and I think even if you have a 6 pack etc, it"s better to not put those ones up.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Tarrant220 said:
I like Cupid better as a site, as far as replies and dates go I got more off of Fish, but Cupid wouldn"t be hard to beat in that respect as I only got one reply and one date from a girl on OKCupid.

However, that one girl is the one I"m in a relationship with now and honestly don"t see that ever changing.

So for me, Cupid was one of those Quality > Quantity things.

Probably different for everyone though.
I had more responses from okCupid than any other site. Still dating that chick I met a month ago from there. Things are real good.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
OK so fuck valentines day. Especially when you"ve only been seeing someone for about a month. It"s way to early for the L bomb and it was almost impossible to find a valentine"s card without it.

And yes this is cyber girl. Went out for coffee like 4 weeks ago, 2hrs inside a dunkin donuts, got kicked out at closing time spent another 3 hrs in the parking lot chatting in her car. Have taken her out to street racing on the weekends twice which she loves (kind of into cars ^_^) and spent many a nights just chilling at her place watching movies and such.

So yeah I first talked to her within 3 days of getting on OKCupid so im 1 for 1 right now with that site. Well 1 for 1 with people ive actually gone out with, had an IM conversation with a WoW girl I found on okcupid. Pretty meh, except for her story about her mage named Arcaly (Arcane + Allie) who everyone in her guild refers to as R kelly.

Rush_foh

shitlord
Just buy the card, cross out "love" and write "like", she might find it kinda cute. And then maybe she"" give you some head.