Girls who broke your heart thread

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Again, I"m not looking for ways around it, I"m just kinda curious what females have to say about it in the context of online dating and selecting who to respond to or not, as we all know any decent looking chick is probably getting a dozen messages a day or more.

No way am I going to do anything like plugs or drugs, I am 100% at peace with my follicle deficit. And like I said, I do agree that in person it"s not really an issue at all for most girls.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Just do as Kegkilla said. Put in your profile that you make 100k+ a year and watch the messages roll in.

Seethe_foh

shitlord
Ah, gotcha. Didn"t read your question carefully enough so missed the part about you wanting a chick"s perspective.

I have two good friends who decided to accept the inevitable and shave their heads, but they already had wives, so they never had to worry about picking up girls after the fact. I have a third bald friend who is constantly slaying new conquests and he"s never mentioned the hair (lack thereof) being a roadblock. Long ago he made the comment that girls can pick up when a guy is totally fine with not having a head of hair.

So unless you really think that your lack of hair is keeping these broads from contacting you, I"d say don"t stress it.

Or wear a hat.

Awlbiste_sl

shitlord
I doubt your lack of hair is what"s preventing these chicks from messaging you. You said yourself you"re only contacting the hot 1%, the odds of the superhot chicks responding is probably a lot lower than maybe just a "fairly hot" or "mostly hot" or whatever chick responding.

I"m assuming you"re either naturally completely bald or shaving the parts of your scalp that still grow hair. That bald on the top but hair on the sides look is going nowhere for anybody.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Eomer said:
Again, I"m not looking for ways around it, I"m just kinda curious what females have to say about it in the context of online dating and selecting who to respond to or not, as we all know any decent looking chick is probably getting a dozen messages a day or more.

No way am I going to do anything like plugs or drugs, I am 100% at peace with my follicle deficit. And like I said, I do agree that in person it"s not really an issue at all for most girls.
Just keep in mind you may not be as hot as you think, as you age you"re gonna have to leverage your $ rather than your looks to keep scoring the chicks you think you are worth. I think you"re on the downhill slope on the looks department but at least you"ve got assloads of money to keep up the gravy train if you want.

Awlbiste_sl

shitlord
Dandain said:
Just keep in mind you may not be as hot as you think, as you age you"re gonna have to leverage your $ rather than your looks to keep scoring the chicks you think you are worth. I think you"re on the downhill slope on the looks department but at least you"ve got assloads of money to keep up the gravy train if you want.
Also this. If you"re looking for arm candy then you"re gonna need to mention your copious amounts of dough.

opiate82_foh

shitlord
Eomer said:

Ya, I"d find a way to set yourself apart either with your profile and/or the message you send out. I have a couple of buddies who keep bringing in girls from dating sites and I always quiz the hot ones. "Why do you even need a dating site? Why did you pick my buddy? etc."

They tell me that they are getting dozens upon dozens of message per day so they can be extremely picky and you need to set yourself apart to get their attention.

Maybe include some photos of you on nice vacations and such, something that screams "I have money bitches!"

It may seem shallow to use your money to leverage dates but studies show that women are attracted to it. One I heard about not to long ago they took the same guy, in the same clothes and put him in a nice sports car then in a Toyota Camry and asked women to rate his attractiveness. I don"t remember the exact numbers but it was staggering how much more highly rated the guy was when driving the sports car vs. the Camry. Money doesn"t have to be the foundation of your relationship, but definitely use it to get your foot in the door.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Lol what? If you need money to get you in the door with any woman shes not worth dating and trying to form an actual relationship with. Fuck buddies? Sure. Future wifey material? Fuck no.

opiate82_foh

shitlord
Phoenix said:
Lol what? If you need money to get you in the door with any woman shes not worth dating and trying to form an actual relationship with. Fuck buddies? Sure. Future wifey material? Fuck no.
You need something to set yourself apart from the heard and money is the number 1 thing women are attracted to. It"s not shallow, it"s rooted in their deep-seeded instincts to find a mate that can protect and provide for them. That car example I posted, when done in reverse (putting a girl in two different cars and having men rate her attractiveness) the girl was found to be equally attractive to men no matter which car she drove. Guys love titties, girls love money, fact of life.

You can sort the rest of the compatibility shit out later, that is what dating is for.

When a girl is getting dozens of propositions per day, and your looks are admittedly average, how else are you even suppose to get a conversation with these girls? You need to be the peacock with the brightest feathers...

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Phoenix said:
you should definitely try to weed out the materialistic ones, but no decent woman is going to be caught dead dating some schlub making min wage working at burger king.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Ser Kegkilla said:
you should definitely try to weed out the materialistic ones, but no decent woman is going to be caught dead dating some schlub making min wage working at burger king.
Guess ima die a lonely virgin then.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Eomer your message is boring. Plus, you"re not qualifying. Whenever you message a girl, remember the 200 dudes that day/week that are doing the same thing. The most common message is probably, "you like my little pony?? ME TOO OMG."

You gotta do something somewhat unique. I always say "I like x,y,z in your profile, but I think you"re looking for a good guy. Well I"m bad." Then I list really absurd "bad" things like jaywalking. It kinda sucks on Korean girls cuz they don"t know wtf I"m talking about, but the ones that know english well enough respond positively. Even though it"s a joke, it"s a disqualification, which makes her crazy brain think you"re somewhat unobtainable.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ser Kegkilla said:
Sure they can get girls while working at BK, just dont expect them to be quality girls lol

Evelys_foh

shitlord
Eomer said:
So, I decided to hop back on to POF cause shit, why not? I"ve been getting zero response, though. Not sure if we have many females on here, but if there are I"d be curious to hear what they have to say about bald guys. Yes yes, I"ve heard many times that most women don"t care. And I would agree with that when meeting people in person. Hell, chicks love rubbing my soft, fuzzy, perfectly round noggin.

But it seems to me that in a dating medium where basically all you have to go by is a few pictures of someone, that I"m at an extreme disadvantage due to my baldness despite being otherwise a decent looking guy.

From my perspective, when I"m trolling the site looking for girls to message, I"m not generally messaging ones that are anything but unequivocally hot (which may be part of my response problem, cough) because shit, why would I? There"s hundreds of them on here! So I can totally understand why a women receiving a message from a decent looking but bald guy would choose to ignore it. I"m not offended or anything.

Opinions?

edit: oh and I wasn"t using the divorce line or anything, just fairly short messages saying something to the effect of "hey, I see you like X and Y, I done Z before. Have you been to W?" Just short, friendly, and attempting to make it obvious that I did in fact read their profile.

Also, would someone please start serial killing chicks who post pics of their dogs? Jesus.
Very few people are going to say it matters to them, but given two choices that are rather equivalent in everything else, people will choose the guy with hair or the one with whose face is more symmetrical. Since appearance is the thing that comes across the most on a dating site profile and you can really only offer hints at your personality and lifestyle, you"re at a disadvantage.

I suggest a top hat.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I generally wasn"t the messenger on POF. I usually let them come to me. Click their profile, they can view their traffic. Usually I"d get some line about "Oh I"m not good enough to message! " and I"d just go from there.

Well I say that but I"d say I initiated a bit less than half. Generally the ones that panned out the best were chicks who messaged me first.