Girls who broke your heart thread

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
One thing to consider, Girl2 comes with a built-in sexual harassment settlement against your company if you choose in the future.

Though she"d have to be pretty fucking dumb to allow the company to transfer her to a location where she"d be involved with a subordinate.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Sutekh said:
What are you fucking stupid? Pick one, what do you need help? You like one more than the other choose to date her. If you can"t decide, then date the one that"s your superior.
This is way too simple of a suggestion. I think he should see a palm reader first and then go from there.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I make all my best decisions on the other kind of 8 ball. At least at the time theysoundawesome.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Kenadul said:
That"s pretty much my sentiment. I enjoy his stories and appreciate him being honest even when he knows he could have or should have done things differently lol. The volleyball player sounds hot, nice.
I thought she was pretty cute. Not super tall, but around 5"8" or so. Also not super thin, more of a muscular athletic build. Wore white Oakleys though, so may be the female equivalent of a douche.

Back to the neighbor, I went to a young professionals networking thing last night that was put on by the mutual friend that kind of got the ball rolling back in July when he invited me over to have a few drinks at her place.

"Hey man, thanks for the invitation."

"No worries, here"s your drink tickets. You been hanging out with Sydney at all?"

"Uh, yeah, a couple times."

"Nice. Fuck her yet?"

"Whoa, uh, no. No I have not."

"You should fuck her."

"Alright then."

I thought it was kind of funny, anyways, given my predicament. I gave him the short version of what"s gone on, and he"s pretty adamant to not worry about what"s happened, she likes to screw around, wouldn"t be the kind of chick to get weird if we do screw around or if I make a pass and she turns me down, is almost a dude in that respect etc. and hey by the way he and his fiance should go skiing with the two of us this winter. God bless skiing.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
popsicledeath said:
Posting a bunch of stuff about trying really, really hard to pretend you"re indifferent and having to manipulate relationships because one can"t get on normally with the opposite sex because all women are out to get a guy and ALL guys... and MY experiences... and fuck all women, man, it"s a huge game... and then admitting you"re basically just afraid to get hurt again like in the past so play the game.
Who said anything about "pretending" to be indifferent. Being indifferent isexactlythe mentality that you need to have, because therearemillions of other women out there. It"s completely asinine to get hung up on one girl. I still fail to see how being indifferent about a girl you"re casually dating makes you a manipulative sociopath who can"t get along with the opposite sex.

Darus Grey said:
My hypothesis is that we"re all playing "the game", even those of us who recognize these behavioral tendencies, like many human behavior patterns being aware of it doesn"t mean we"re not adhering to it. That is to say, just because you don"t think you"re playing, doesn"t mean you"re not.

I think you"d have a hard time arguing that humans have no mating habits, they"re just not as transparent. Once you agree that there are rules or at least tendencies, then we"ve already established that we are infact playing a game or some sort. At that point the conversation shifts to discussing potential or successful strategies.
So much this. Humans are playing the "game" without even realizing it a vast majority of the time. Women have strategies/defense mechanisms they use entirely subconsciously all the time. Like Darrus said, humans really aren"t beyond their animalistic tendencies, as much as we"d like to think so.

CnCGOD_foh

shitlord
If you see it as a game then so be it, there are a lot of people out there who don"t see it that way and it is really dickish to play your game with them.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Eomer said:
I thought she was pretty cute. Not super tall, but around 5"8" or so. Also not super thin, more of a muscular athletic build. Wore white Oakleys though, so may be the female equivalent of a douche.

Back to the neighbor, I went to a young professionals networking thing last night that was put on by the mutual friend that kind of got the ball rolling back in July when he invited me over to have a few drinks at her place.

"Hey man, thanks for the invitation."

"No worries, here"s your drink tickets. You been hanging out with Sydney at all?"

"Uh, yeah, a couple times."

"Nice. Fuck her yet?"

"Whoa, uh, no. No I have not."

"You should fuck her."

"Alright then."

I thought it was kind of funny, anyways, given my predicament. I gave him the short version of what"s gone on, and he"s pretty adamant to not worry about what"s happened, she likes to screw around, wouldn"t be the kind of chick to get weird if we do screw around or if I make a pass and she turns me down, is almost a dude in that respect etc. and hey by the way he and his fiance should go skiing with the two of us this winter. God bless skiing.
So what you"re saying is she"s a slut.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
CnCGOD said:
If you see it as a game then so be it, there are a lot of people out there who don"t see it that way and it is really dickish to play your game with them.
Must be hard to see with those blinders on

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
PapaShlapa said:
This will end badly
Yes, yes it will. Once you get fired at Gap by the jealous supervisor, you can always go work for Lids, so no biggie. Enjoy the ride.

Dabamf said:
Help with what? It"s not like you have free will here. It"s best to just accept the inevitable that you"ll try to have both and it"ll likely blow up, you"ll tell your friends, "dude, never get involved with a girl from work," and repeat the exact same thing a year later when a similar situation arises. It"s what I"d do.

Accept the inevitable and save your mental energy for trying to figure out which one gave you the clap.
This deserved a quote for genius.

Gaz_foh

shitlord
Kirun said:
Who said anything about "pretending" to be indifferent. Being indifferent isexactlythe mentality that you need to have, because therearemillions of other women out there. It"s completely asinine to get hung up on one girl. I still fail to see how being indifferent about a girl you"re casually dating makes you a manipulative sociopath who can"t get along with the opposite sex.
A little late on this, but if you guys think the "indifference routine" would go unnoticed by most people worth a damn? Maybe you should stop dating girls and see what happens when you play "the game" with a woman (and no, I"m not suggesting "womanhood" has anything to do with wanting to be in an exclusive relationship. Even if you"re in it for casual sex most adults leave the mindtrick bullshit at home.) Street goes both ways. Someone who chases after you when you pretend their time and company is neither valuable or interesting isn"t someone you want to date anyway.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Eomer said:
I"ve heard the chicks in Calgary are way the fuck more pretentious and picky about that kind of thing, from multiple people. Apparently a lot of chicks there damn near interview guys on the first date about who they work for, what their promotion prospects are, where they live, what they drive etc. They want some of that sweet, sweet oil money.
They are. Which is why I date chicks from small towns. Way more fun and adventurous than lame city girls.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Haast said:
So, going to give it the old college try, or keep shooting yourself in the foot and mourning afterwards?
Should a situation arise I"ll certainly give it a shot (lol, right), however I"m not going to be the one asking to hang out again, as she"s begged off a couple times as I outlined in previous posts and I don"t want to come across as a pest or whatever else. Something will come up, and if not, oh well.