GMO, Monsanto, organic dreadlocked nonsense?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
because of silly laws pertaining to cross-contamination, which actually helps to show how it is almost a non-religious based faith belief considering the only other customers I need to watch out for that are religious
Second admission that its bullshit, but I'm a dick?

Also, people keep mentioning pesticides and fertilizer, but doesn't organic just mean they don't usesyntheticpesticides and fertilizer? Not that they don't use any at all.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>

Also, people keep mentioning pesticides and fertilizer, but doesn't organic just mean they don't usesyntheticpesticides and fertilizer? Not that they don't use any at all.
Yes. Which makes the whole hurr durr against GMO's more retarded. Why wouldn't you want a crop that expresses a protein extremely specific to a pest which is harmless to humans instead of smothering a crop in a poison that is very unspecific?

Moglyzoke Moogleman

Stock Pals VP of Shit Stocks
<Gold Donor>
First of all, why is it so bad that I'm willing to admit that there may be parts of it that aren't entirely true? Wouldn't I be a double dick if I sat here trying to say it provided for a healthy lifestyle? It seems you're backing me into a corner where I'm fucked either way.

Second, I don't think there is a single industry that doesn't shell out at least some bullshit. Even the coveted medical field is guilty of it with the way over-prescriptions occur. Take a look at adderall, the shit is speed yet is given out to every kid who can't get A's and sit the fuck down.

Caliane

Yes. Which makes the whole hurr durr against GMO's more retarded. Why wouldn't you want a crop that expresses a protein extremely specific to a pest which is harmless to humans instead of smothering a crop in a poison that is very unspecific?
garlic cures cancer, tooth decay, and kills aphids, mites, and scale. Also, increases fertility in eagles with runoff.
doesnt kill mildew though.

Need copper bracelets for that. magnetic healing kills rhizoctonia, powdery mildew, and blight.

Moglyzoke Moogleman

<Gold Donor>
For the record I'm in favor of GMOs just so that shit doesn't get shoved into my mouth, the way alot of other stuff seems to be.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
First of all, why is it so bad that I'm willing to admit that there may be parts of it that aren't entirely true? Wouldn't I be a double dick if I sat here trying to say it provided for a healthy lifestyle? It seems you're backing me into a corner where I'm fucked either way.

Second, I don't think there is a single industry that doesn't shell out at least some bullshit. Even the coveted medical field is guilty of it with the way over-prescriptions occur. Take a look at adderall, the shit is speed yet is given out to every kid who can't get A's and sit the fuck down.
I have no beef with butchers. They provide me with quality cuts of delicious meat.

Moglyzoke Moogleman

<Gold Donor>
/dickjoke
Well done sir. If internets were still around I would give you one.

Also another fun fact, I think organic food only accounts for something like 10% of the actual grocery market. So it's really quite a small pool of people going for organic foods, again people like the one's shown in Penn and Teller's episode on organic foods.

Moglyzoke Moogleman

<Gold Donor>
Trader Joe's
Haha Big P take a look at page 12 I answer that question. Another interesting thing about TJ's though, they provide bullshit when it comes to their fish.

I bought some salmon burgers from there, and right below the part that says "Wild caught in the USA" it said "Product of Thailand". The East has different standards for their fisheries, like allowing chickens to walk over the water and poop into the water so the fish get a healthy diet of excrement. Not to say that fish caught in the wild aren't gonna eat poop, but I'd rather have my farm fish be eating corn than chicken shit.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haha Big P take a look at page 12 I answer that question. Another interesting thing about TJ's though, they provide bullshit when it comes to their fish.

I bought some salmon burgers from there, and right below the part that says "Wild caught in the USA" it said "Product of Thailand". The East has different standards for their fisheries, like allowing chickens to walk over the water and poop into the water so the fish get a healthy diet of excrement. Not to say that fish caught in the wild aren't gonna eat poop, but I'd rather have my farm fish be eating corn than chicken shit.
Wild caught in the USA, then shipped to Thailand, processed, frozen, packaged and shipped back to Trader Joe's maybe?

Anyway, that's pretty much all factory farmed fish. I find it amusing when someone calls tilapia their favorite fish, they all eat shit.

The thing is too, when you are eating salmon its really not good for the environment. They are carnivorous so even if you aren't pulling them from wild stock, you have to feed them a ton of protein to raise, so its effectively a net loss of protein versus the nutritional value of the meat produced. Salmon is actually a tasty nice eating fish unlike tilapia though so I personally don't give a fuck.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Wild caught in the USA, then shipped to Thailand, processed, frozen, packaged and shipped back to Trader Joe's maybe?

Anyway, that's pretty much all factory farmed fish. I find it amusing when someone calls tilapia their favorite fish, they all eat shit.
Related, and worth the view.

khalid

Unelected Mod
There is a deep contempt for the working class among pseudo intellectuals
Stop seeing contempt where none exists. My father is a farmer, he also has contempt for the silly organic fad and all the fearmongers, who are not the working class. I certainly have no contempt for the non-factory farmers. I have contempt for people who fearmonger and believe bullshit.

You on the other hand have a deep contempt for scientists, as you have shown constantly.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
You on the other hand have a deep contempt for scientists, as you have shown constantly.
Nothing but respect to skeptics it's the people that blindly follow them like a cult that draw the ire. Like scientists are angels that can do no wrong and always have the purest intentions of all men.

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sup, my old job as a personal trainer had me making meal plans for hundreds of people, many of which had strict goals to achieve and chose to spare no expense on the way to said goals. I also have a damn huge family and love to both cook and eat, most of us are foreign so we like to eat weird shit like Sambayon, cow brain and cuttle fish in its ink from time to time. Queue years of discussing organic vs normal and preparing countless thousands of meals while monitoring results. Some guys were walking trash disposals while others, the most finicky, elitist, perfectly-good-food hating cultists I've ever met.

The ONLY things I've consistently found different between organic and GMO;

Radishes and tubers are smaller and more bitter when organic, nutrition yield appeared identical

Organic eggs consistently had shells that were harder to crack, especially brown. Now I've eaten raw eggs my entire life, virtually every day I eat the fuckers. If you held a gun to my head I could not tell the difference between brown/white organic/GMO. However if ANY egg has been sitting in the fridge a while and is toward the end of its shelf life, I may be able to tell you because when eaten raw they lose flavor. Cooked in any way and it's all the same to me.

THAT'S IT

How I wished it was as simple as "eat this better product" and voila better results. Some people just felt better spending more