Gods of Egypt (2016)

iannis

Musty Nester
It doesn't seem unreasonable that the Roman aristocracy might have interbred with the Egyptian Aristocracy. I'm not talking Ceasar tier aristocrats, who obviously did for at least one generation, and I do mean before integration into the Empire (at which point I think you can say that Egyptian rulers were white -- they were Romans). Just your semi-rich grain merchants looking to get that extra supply security and whoring their ugly daughter or stupid son to the guys across the sea in order to do it. And the other way around.

But then again, they might not have either.

spronk

FPS noob
i mean people do have a point, egypt civilization was thousands of years old before greek/roman and most people in Northern Egypt during that time, including their rulers, looked like this

600x400

(first google image for Egypt people)

The actual history is even more fascinating. Southern Egypt, in modern day Sudan, was mostly dark people (nubian) in a kingdom called the Kush. They invaded Northern Egypt ~800BC and installed their own Pharaoh over all of Egypt and ruled for a few generations, but when the brown guys took it all back they erased much of the Kushite history and even today modern Egyptian historians and archaeologists deny that period existing, cuz Egyptians are racist as fuck and don't wanna be called black. A PBS documentary, Rise of the Black Pharaohs goes into detail on this.

The roman rule was similar, Ptolemy (a Roman) conquered Egypt late in its history and for 7-8 generations his family ruled Targaryen style, brother marrying sister and Cleopatra was the last of that.

Even more fun is that apparently the director of this movie was born in Egypt to greek parents who emigrated to Australia when he was really young.

Still, this is the movie everyone is having a cow over:

emEieBh.gif

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I think you are talking about Ptolemy, who was a macedonian and took over Egypt after Alexanders death?!

Also, this movie looks horrible. Like really really horrible.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah this looks worse than the clash of the titans reboot. its a shame, butler was obviously picked for this role based on his role in 300, which still looks a hundred times better than this travesty of shit.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Current Egyptians are Arabs right? From... Arabia...

Jesus was white (most Jews are white) and went into hiding in Egypt and nobody called out his different skin colour right?

Szlia

Unless you want to get hodj'ed, I would refrain to use Jesus' life story to make historical points about... anything really.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Current Egyptians are Arabs right? From... Arabia...

Jesus was white (most Jews are white) and went into hiding in Egypt and nobody called out his different skin colour right?
Holy shit has anyone here ever taken a fucking history class? Judaism is a religion, not a race. The people of the Bible were Israelites, and were from the Middle East, thousands of years ago, so they were obviously not fucking white. The origin of the word Jew comes from Jacob's fourth son, Judah (Yehudah in Hebrew) and was originally only used in reference to descendants of his tribe, which was one of the twelve tribes of Israel.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
white isn't a race either it's a skin tone used to describe the color of peoples skin that varies from pink to tan to olive.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Holy shit has anyone here ever taken a fucking history class? Judaism is a religion, not a race. The people of the Bible were Israelites, and were from the Middle East, thousands of years ago, so they were obviously not fucking white. The origin of the word Jew comes from Jacob's fourth son, Judah (Yehudah in Hebrew) and was originally only used in reference to descendants of his tribe, which was one of the twelve tribes of Israel.
Jews are Durkas?
d0d69ae2f94e5ca7823dd5e7c1b8c7e0.jpg

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
yeah originally. A large number of them spent a few hundreds years in europe intermarrying with whiteys after some roman something something happened then something else happened in germany? i think a few years back and so they all went back much "whiter" than before.

spronk

FPS noob
trailer that will air on the superbowl tomorrow, it cost lionsgate $10m to buy the air time

Interestingly though Lionsgate is on the hook for only $20m or so. The film cost $140m to make, but they have already secured $150m+ in foreign distribution rights so any money it makes domestically is basically profit. crazy

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Lol what the fuck? How do such retarded people get into the movie business?