Gods of Egypt (2016)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So Sparta vs Jaime Lannister with $150m in CGI but they are following Daeny's no tits rule despite having two girls from Fury Road with Jinx from GI Joe 2 on the side.

Who the fuck green lights this shit?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like there are some weird contract requirements to get into good movies that force the actor to be involved in less than.. good movies. I mean hell, Geoffrey Rush is in this and that man has an Oscar. Not that he's abstained from being in CGI fests like the Pirates movies and what not, however.

Looks absolutely silly. But at least it isn't a remake, so there's that, I guess. It won't offend the core of my being like the Clash of the Titans remake.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Eh, some bad movies are probably just fun to make. The pirates movies are probably just a bunch of fun for the cat to be involved in. Geoffrey Rush is thespian, for sure but that doesnt mean only wants to do Shakespeare and Oscar bait. "Okay, Geoffrey, we're gonna pay you $20 million to dress up like a pirate opposite Johnny Depp impersonating Keith Richards and Pepe le Peu." "Say no more, I'm in."

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Deadpool's 3rd weekend doubled this and it had to fight not to get single digits on RT. Gerard Butler can afford to take a paycheck considering London Has Fallen is next week but I feel bad for Mr. Lannister.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Apparently Lionsgate (the studio) is in some deep shit now.

They made bank on Hungergames, but it ended, and now they got nothing and lost half their stock.

They thought they could make sequels out of Vin Diesel movir and Jonny depp shit, they both sucked.

The bad is that John Wick 2 is also Lionsgate. Hopefully they can put out John Wick 2, and then maybe Lionsgate will close up shop. Why? eh maybe ppl will short the stock now, time to make bank this way.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Apparently Lionsgate (the studio) is in some deep shit now.

They made bank on Hungergames, but it ended, and now they got nothing and lost half their stock.

They thought they could make sequels out of Vin Diesel movir and Jonny depp shit, they both sucked.

The bad is that John Wick 2 is also Lionsgate. Hopefully they can put out John Wick 2, and then maybe Lionsgate will close up shop. Why? eh maybe ppl will short the stock now, time to make bank this way.
They are relying on John Wick? The 1st one even gross 50M?

spronk

FPS noob
not sure where you are getting your info lanx, lionsgate the studio is up today (the stock - LGF), their monetary exposure for Gods was only $10m due to pre-commitments from foreign distributors that basically covered the budget of the movie. Sure, they don't have the Hunger Games franchise anymore but that doesn't mean the company is about to go out of business or something.

All it really means is the stock is going to keep going down or staying flat until they can get something hot again, but they have enough money in the bank to last for years. They were also in the process of purchasing Starz network (Black Sails, Spartacus, etc) but that is probably gonna stop if Allegiant (Divergent sequel) does poorly, which I would expect it to.

Their movie lineup is pretty pathetic though, with shit like Now you See Me 2 this year and Last Witcher Hunter 2 in 2018 but next year should be decent - John Wick 2, Power Rangers, and Borderlands the movie (yup).

I'm tempted to watch this in theaters because of the all the certified Egyptian Historians on YouTube crying because the skin color of the cast isn't 'historically accurate'. No shit ... during the historical accuracy investigations you also notice the magic, super powers, flying horses, and giant fire breathing snakes?

Keep seeing comments about it being banned in the actual Egypt, but can't find any proof. Egypt and Morrocco banned Exodus: Gods and Kings, so it wouldn't be surprising:

Why Exodus: Gods And Kings Was Just Banned From Movie Theaters - CINEMABLEND

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
petulent child director
.You see, my dear fellow FBookers, I have rarely gotten great reviews. on any of my movies, apart from those by reviewers who think for themselves and make up their own opinions. Sadly those type of reviewers are nearly all dead. Good reviews often come many years after the movie has opened. I guess I have the knack of rubbing reviewers the wrong way - always have. This time of course they have bigger axes to grind - they can rip into my movie while trying to make their mainly pale asses look so politically correct by screaming "white-wash!!!" like the deranged idiots they all are.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Wierd thing to say.. Dark City got good reviews, the Crow did alright, I Robot did alright.
He's made some good movies... Don't know if Gods of Egypt is any good as I haven't seen it and probably won't since it looks pretty average based on the trailers.

Wierd thing to say.. Dark City got good reviews, the Crow did alright, I Robot did alright.
He's made some good movies... Don't know if Gods of Egypt is any good as I haven't seen it and probably won't since it looks pretty average based on the trailers.
I liked Dark City and The Crow, but I Robot was a real POS imho. Never read the source material, but as I suspected, it had little to do with the Isaasc Asimov books:

The film I, Robot, starring Will Smith, was released by Twentieth Century Fox on July 16, 2004 in the United States. Its plot incorporates elements of "Little Lost Robot,"[7] some of Asimov's character names and the Three Laws. However, the plot of the movie is mostly original work adapted from a screenplay Hardwired by Jeff Vintar completely unlinked to Asimov's stories[7] and has been compared to Asimov's The Caves of Steel, which revolves around the murder of a roboticist.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I,_Robot_(film)

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Dark city got pretty weird at the end, fighting with force fields and stuff.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Before you count out any movie financially, you have to wait until it is released in China. China is the new money making market for the studios. They devour everything CGI and western related, specially with household names/Franchises.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I went and saw this. It was ok. I enjoyed the effects and how some of the Egyptian mythos was portrayed. I would give it a 5/10. I did not feel my money was wasted.

Saw this as well. Went to see The Witch but the gf messsed up reading the movie times so we saw this instead. It has similar Tomato Meter to the Clash of The Titans remake but is a LOT better. I'd call it:

Clash of the Titans + Prince of Persia + Tomb Raider

It's not great, but has some cool ideas, cool CG, and the actors help to carry a sub-par script. Mahes said 5/10 I'd agree.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
Let's make an Egyptian movie with all the main characters white yeah Hollywood has no inclusion problem are there no Egyptian actors who don't need work