Godzilla (2014)

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I Am Legend. Dog died before the black guy. Sixth Sense level twist right there.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Looks great.

I'm not convinced that windshield would break instantly from what we see in the trailer. I think you guys might be over-(or under)thinking it.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you watch that and the first thing that comes to mind is "Why didn't the glass break", then you should probably stop watching movies.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
That wasn't a windshield... The whole front of the business was glass windows.
Ok, well after reading this thread and then watching the video, I watched with the intention of finding any instances of "OMG THAT GLASS SHOULD BREAK" and all I noticed was the tsunami approaching a car from the front. I guess I didn't have my neckbeard-nitpick ratio set high enough, will adjust.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
a skyscraper sized lizard just popped out of the ocean and people are complaining because the plate glass of the building didnt shatter when the water rushed by?

Column_sl

shitlord
a skyscraper sized lizard just popped out of the ocean and people are complaining because the plate glass of the building didnt shatter when the water rushed by?
Uncanny Valley man, it's not only applied to humans. You have to be extra careful with it, or it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was waiting for the water to at least be coming in through the door cracks and it did, so I was fine with it. I can accept that all that glass might not have immediately shattered, it wasn't even flowing as high as the full door length anyway and that glass is probably tougher than you are giving credit. However in retrospect i think that door should have swung right open under the force of the water, if it opened inward, since they walked right in unlocked and just ran to the stairs or whatever.

But overall its not a big deal to me.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Uncanny Valley man, it's not only applied to humans. You have to be extra careful with it, or it sticks out like a sore thumb.
It's possible you don't understand the Uncanny Valley concept. Because this is a completely incorrect application.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
You bros need to learn about tempered safty glass then combine that with the power of surface area.

Column_sl

shitlord
It's possible you don't understand the Uncanny Valley concept. Because this is a completely incorrect application.
It can be applied to more then humans despite what the hypothesis says..

Do you really think it doesn't apply to the animal world as well? And if so then it can be moved to all objects we perceive as being a certain way, and if drastically changed from that perception causes an immediate response from the viewer.

So yes I understand it, and I am using it in a broader text.