Godzilla (2014)

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
The old Godzilla movies are filled with stupid human shit as well. Sucks that
Cranston dies so early since the trailers all portrayed him as the hero

8.5/10. I'll forgive all the boring soldier crap and plot holes for the fact that when he Roars for the first time it was so fucking loud my teeth vibrated. The way he kills the second MUTO is so god damn bad ass then just
drops her head like "fuck. you."

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I want to know why the early Comic Con footage had a dead monster that was not even present in the final movie. Fake out or changed to sequel material?

Needless

Toe Sucker
The entire time all i wanted was godzilla to rip a mutas skull in half by pulling his jaw off, what i got in the end was even better lol

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I want to know why the early Comic Con footage had a dead monster that was not even present in the final movie. Fake out or changed to sequel material?
As someone else stated, the comic con trailer was 100% fake. There isn't a single shot from that footage that made it into the actual movie. I don't know if it was an intended fakeout, or maybe they changed the idea of how the movie would play out, which caused them to change a few things to reflect that.

Or then again, maybe it was just to give the audience an idea of what they were creating without actually spoiling anything.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I feel like my money was wasted on this crap.

Both my girlfriend and I hated this movie from start to finish. If we didn't have to wait to pay our bill for food and drinks we would have walked out.

The humans had absolutely nothing to do with how the story resolved. Why did I have to watch Captain Kickass get rescued by various branches of the military for 2 hours? Why was his wife and kid in this at all? Remove their entire story and this movie would have been over in 20 minutes.

The first 10 minutes of Pacific Rim beat the everliving shit out of this dog.

khorum

Murder Apologist
LOL why whine about the nuke boat inconsistency of all things? If you're a monster that feeds off radiation and you were ALREADY IN YUCCA MOUNTAIN, why the fuck would you leave? That shot of the sunlight peeking through the vault door shouldve been a shot into a nestful of 15-year-old muto babies.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Are we ignoring spoiler tags now?

Didn't it need to meet with the male to fertilize? Otherwise there was no reason for them diverging. Obviously Yucca mountain was good for the female, I figured that's why it was so much larger.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
So, was I the only one amused to note that, even though this was an American movie, they still managed to work Japanese_child_with_a_baseball_cap into the movie? If only he could've spent the movie palling around with Godzilla's baby, or talked about how one of the monsters was Friend to Children. . .

Fadaar

That guy
So, was I the only one amused to note that, even though this was an American movie, they still managed to work Japanese_child_with_a_baseball_cap into the movie? If only he could've spent the movie palling around with Godzilla's baby, or talked about how one of the monsters was Friend to Children. . .
I nicknamed him Short Round as soon as I saw him

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Cut all the stupid army tard/wife bullshit. Put instead the doc & ken working together. Make that human element 1/3rd the length of time than what they shoved into this. Add in a day battle in vegas/nyc/tokyo, extend night battle +20 min.

Movie of the fucking decade.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not as bad as some of you are making it out. I'd give it a 6 out of 10. I thought it actually worked fairly well for what they were trying to do, which was create a homage to the old style Godzilla movies. They got the flavor down pretty well, effects and sound were top notch. Story was cheesy but no worse than any other yearly summer effects blockbusters that some of you jizz over. Acting wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I can forgive the plot holes, it wasn't like Prometheus level bad and it wasn't trying to effect nearly as serious and realistic a tone anyway.

If I could change one thing,

it would obviously be more monsters, as people keep saying. Specifically though, I thought they could have had them all fight and the MUTO's kick Godzilla's ass back to retreat to the ocean. Then the MUTO's relocate somewhere else to do some more mating hatching shit for whatever contrived trope reason. People think Godzilla gave up in defeat and the humans go on with their doomsday plans and desperation attempts, only for Godzilla to regroup himself and show back up for a final climax showdown. I think that could have added some more screen time for the monsters without overly changing the tone and pace they were going for. My son, who hadn't read any spoilers like me, said the same thing as a lot of you after...the movie wasn't really even about Godzilla!!! I didn't mind too much though.

spronk

FPS noob
shoulda fucked with the japanese and had MURICA be able to take out monsters with KickAss dual wielding guns that shoot eagles

or MURICA feeds the monsters Big Macs laced with high fructose corn syrup and oil from the middle east, making all the hippies nod at how deep the movie is

Arakkis

N00b
shoulda fucked with the japanese and had MURICA be able to take out monsters with KickAss dual wielding guns that shoot eagles

or MURICA feeds the monsters Big Macs laced with high fructose corn syrup and oil from the middle east, making all the hippies nod at how deep the movie is
how baked are you right now holy shit

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Could you imagine having to sit next to blackyce during a movie? Entire time hearing him muttering "That can't happen in RL", "impossible" , "haven't they heard of physics" or "omg what a coincidence".
Just so you're aware, I'm not an asshole in a movie theatre.

Godzilla still sucked and it wasn't because, "that can't happen in RL" or "haven't they ever heard of physics". It was because of unresolved scenes and stupid plot points that completely glossed over shit. The movie became a giant waste of time after Cranston's character died. Just give me the first 15 minutes and the last 5-10 minutes and that's your movie. Everything else in between sucked so hard.

I feel sorry for you that you actually enjoyed the shitty movie that Godzilla is. Pacific Rim was SO MUCH BETTER than this pile of garbage.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
a brave gold digger....
LOL - I didnt know this but not only did her marry someone 23 years older than him that was directing the movie he was in, He took her fucking name!

She was Sam Taylor Wood, He was Aaron Johnson, now they are both Taylor-Johnson.

I am pretty progressive, and I think a woman keeping her name in marriage is fine, but to go the full 180 and for a guy to change his name is the epitome of lame.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Comedian Jay Mohr did that when he married Nikki Cox (the hot red head from the Married With Children knockoff). He's now Jah Cox-Mohr.