Gold Rush

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Meh. I guess my vision is skewed on what the mother-lode is. Obviously watched to many old westerns.
300-400 ounces of Gold isn't a motherload to you?

The Hoffmans are having cleanouts larger then total seasons for Parker and Fred. If the Motherload is Fred getting 70 ounces in a clean out (more then double their largest to date) wouldn't you be a bit more disappointed in that then 400 from Todd and crew?

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
300-400 ounces of Gold isn't a motherload to you?

The Hoffmans are having cleanouts larger then total seasons for Parker and Fred. If the Motherload is Fred getting 70 ounces in a clean out (more then double their largest to date) wouldn't you be a bit more disappointed in that then 400 from Todd and crew?
Not when you here some of the stories that Fred told about gold that was pulled from the other waterfall they visited earlier in the season. Millions of dollars came out of it. They aren't even at a million yet, with gold prices at all time highs. Don't get me wrong, Dave's crew has done very, very well this season. IMO that isn't the mother-lode. It's the finally we have some profit in our pockets lode.

To answer your other question yes if they went the route that Fred cleaned up with a 70 ounce clean out that's even more lame. I'm expecting a ridiculous total like 1000 ounce clean out. It's reality tv though so I'm sure it will just be woot look we got our 1000 ounce goal for the season it's the mother-lode. Hype just to keep us tuned in.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
My prediction is there is no "motherload", at least not in the truest sense of the word. ToddCrew will probly get close to a thousand ounces and when it's all piled up it will certainly look impressive and technically live up to the "motherload" that was advertised early in the season, but when you consider how much money went into pulling that "motherload" out of the ground, its not really that great.
This was my prediction on 1/13 and I'm sticking to it.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So Todd got his money back from the whole trammel thing, which at least is good for their bottom line.

Tolwen

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So yeah did I miss something..

#goldrushlive Todd to go to Brazil? Oh course closer to the coke

His face was twitching a lot...

Noah

Molten Core Raider
Yeah discovery does as much as possible to get in the way of telling a good story. They put so much effort in trying to over hype things and fabricate drama when the actual story and events are more than sufficient to carry the show as is.
They definitely need to avoid doing live shows (the chopper build off live shows were even worse than this).
The end result was lame, awkward, and they really did not need to devote 2 hours to that.
The emphasis on the Hoffman's team as being the mother lode because they pulled the bigger haul is lame because both of those other teams were far more productive per person/money invested. (which isn't saying a lot because the other 2 mines were only marginally profitable)

The criticism of Todd was so focused on the trammel and trying to make a rivalry with the other guys when they should have called him out on being intentionally reckless and almost completely wrecking Dave's site once he brought his people over to it instead of doing things properly.

The main dissappointment is that it appears that Dave is going with Todd to South America instead of running his own operation.

I kinda view Todd as that friend who is a dick but manages to get you off your ass and go out when you would have stayed at home. Because of him, you end up running into someone you wouldn't have otherwise met and get hitched. Then you invite him to the wedding and he ends up throwing up on people and being an ass.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Awful last episode. Looks as if Todd's crew is showing cracks. This after their mother-lode season.....

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
The finale was such shit. I thought the host was fucking terrible.
Yeah that was crap, the interviews felt very awkward and almost cringe-inducing. They should have just wrapped it up with a standard 1-hour show. A live 1-hour interview with just Tony Beets would have been more interesting, that is if the censors could keep up.

Oldbased

> Than U
I guess no one noticed Todd's nasal drip , twitching and agitation?
He was on the motherlode allright. Of cocaine. That is why people were abandoning him.
Anyways ya, fuck Disco for the over drama bullshit on every goddamn series now.
Deadliest catch has been all but ruined the past few years cause of it now this show.

Edit-Missed Tolwenns post above. Someone else did notice it.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Watching this now. Wow, Todd is fucked up on something. maybe booze, maybe a little nose candy, probly both.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Ahhhh hahahah! 803 ozs. is the motherload? What a fucking joke. I knew it. Fake, overhyped drama. Fucking Discovery channel. They used to put out quality product, but every show now is Jersey Shore for rednecks. Will still watch though, lol. Fuckers.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really disappointing.. 2 key things to note. Jack gave a shout out to FoH and Todd is on something..

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I didn't mind the final...I mean 800+oz is a motherload, but they were making it sound like they were going to hit upon a huge amount on a final clean out, so that was pretty damn deceptive.

Also the host producer guy....fuck that guy, holy shit.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This last Live episode or whatever was some awkward ass television. I couldn't even sit through it. Felt so forced.