Gold Rush

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The show is funnier when Todd is a fuckup but it makes it less believable to me. I really feel like they went to Oregon to make the show more entertaining, not because they actually thought that they were going to make money mining there. Maybe I shouldn't be so cynical but the whole "we went somewhere, didn't find gold, the crew quit, then moved to Colorado to get redemption" feels like a storyline they wrote at the beginning of the season, not the end.

Completely agree. My favorite is still when he went to S American and got like half ounce of gold and three tiny diamonds out of a whole season.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
l3nWb1h3kbnGoJTW0.gif
3oxRmBcyqxKcf6IU48.gif

Watching tonight's filler episodes and for some reason wanted to see these .gifs again.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still love watching Todd shoot his mouth off every season and failing miserably.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Still love watching Todd shoot his mouth off every season and failing miserably.

As much as i love watching Todd fail. I do feel bad for that entire crew. Fuckers deserve at least one really good haul. I was upset for Freddy Dodge too. Glad he didn't have the cancer.

Oldbased

> Than U
Guess I should watch all the episodes on my DVD. I think I watched the first 2-3 and never bothered to watch the rest. I assume Parker kicked their ass by the comments?

Merrith

As much as i love watching Todd fail. I do feel bad for that entire crew. Fuckers deserve at least one really good haul. I was upset for Freddy Dodge too. Glad he didn't have the cancer.

Yeah but without Dave there, I care a lot less about his crew. It's not like they're doing bad this season, and seems like they have hopes with that ruling to open up more ground to have a good season..just not 5k ounces or anywhere near what Parker is going to get.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, Parker is lucky that Rick doesn't just rip his head off and shit down his neck because he deserves it sometimes. The way he handled switching how Rick's plant was set up was incredibly childish. As a team though, they are infinitely more competent than the Hoffmans, not that that's saying much.

I'm not thrilled about Todd's shitty kid being more of a character on the show this year but at least they are mostly failing so it's enjoyable to watch. Now that Dave's gone the only person on the crew that I feel bad for is Freddy. Freddy is one of the things that makes me think the whole show is fake though, because I just don't see how a guy that is supposedly a great miner with tons of experience decides to go into business with a confirmed buffoon like Todd.

Tony turned out to be sort of a one-note character and I get tired of him but I actually like his kids pretty well.

I mostly watch the show for the breakdowns because it makes me feel better about the fact that everything is always broken on my place so obviously my favorite character is Mitch. I'm very glad he's on Parker's crew now.

Merrith

Yeah Rick looks like he wants to choke Parker out sometimes. I will say I think Parker is right to try to avoid having to haul so much pay dirt around, better to just move the wash plant. But to half ass the setup of the wash plant was just silly. That said when they're getting 200+ ounces out of both the first week with the setup, hard to argue with results. At that rate they'll easily hit 5k ounces for the season.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Obviously it was a good idea. Even Rick said you can't argue with results. But if you're the boss you have to just be a man and go down there and tell him that this is what you want to do and if he doesn't like it you have to just say "well that's what's happening". Waiting until he's gone and then changing stuff behind his back and then trying to blame it on a simpleton like Brenden is just super immature. It is hard to be the boss over people who are older than you but Parker's been doing it long enough that he should be beyond that kind of shit.

As far as the half-assed setup, I think that's mostly just Rick being a Monday morning quarterback. I've worked around plenty of blue collar guys and everybody is smarter than the boss after something didn't work when they didn't have to figure it out in the first place.

• 1Solidarity

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
I thought for sure Parker would get it in the ass for removing the grizzly bars but they only suffered 1.5 hours downtime. Lucky call I think.

Merrith

Loved the spinoff with the Dakota boys being back last night. Always liked them, even if they always seemed small time compared to even what Todd ended up becoming. Their new method makes Bering Sea Gold look safe though, trying to find dive holes to get into. Curious to see where it goes and how much they could get.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Todd buys a super expensive trommel from someone that has never made one before. Why does that sound familiar?

I didn't watch the Dakota boys spinoff but I will on your recommendation. I was always impressed with Fred's ability to build major parts of his machinery out of junk he found laying around the yard.

Merrith

Todd buys a super expensive trommel from someone that has never made one before. Why does that sound familiar?

I didn't watch the Dakota boys spinoff but I will on your recommendation. I was always impressed with Fred's ability to build major parts of his machinery out of junk he found laying around the yard.

Not a whole lot happened yet. I'm skeptical that they will actually get a lot of gold, but the method looks interesting, if dangerous. I just always like the Dakota father/son duo, missed them the past few seasons and wondered if they were still trying to gold mine.

Merrith

I still think it's hilarious going back when Todd used to clearly laugh at Parker as some kid, but gets his ass kicked by him every year.

Also 2nd episode of Dakota boys wasn't bad, looks like they might have a viable source at least, getting gold off the top layer like they were. Makes you wonder if they really will hit some rich pockets deeper down. It just looks so dangerous, even more so than the diving they do on Bering Sea Gold.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I wonder if this is actually a reasonable way to get gold or if they just thought it would make for good television. I think both Fred and Dustin are kind of dicks, but I'm glad they booted that PAB stepson. He was a typical 20 year old that knows more than the boss and I didn't really want to watch any more of him.

Merrith

I wonder if this is actually a reasonable way to get gold or if they just thought it would make for good television. I think both Fred and Dustin are kind of dicks, but I'm glad they booted that PAB stepson. He was a typical 20 year old that knows more than the boss and I didn't really want to watch any more of him.

I think it will make for good tv, but I guess we'll see if they can get decent gold with it. Not expecting them to put up even like Todd numbers by any stretch...but they might have single days were they get some decent cleanouts if they hit some nice pockets.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
With that kind of gold mining if you can get some decent cleanouts without having to spend a ton to do it you can make some good money. With Todds setup even when he is doing good he is spending so much to get what he does get a lot of the profit is just eaten by running costs. That is why tony was so interested in the dredges. If you can get them to work its minimal amount of crew on a really efficient platform so even making less gold can wind up being more money.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Parker just continuing to kill it. He'll smash 5k and if there's multiple weeks left he might top 6k total ounces with ease. He's been getting 500 ounces plus combined from his two plants the last couple weeks. Todd continues to screw up, and I heard next week on the "live" portion of the show they're having some big announcement. I hope it's that Todd is retiring from mining.

The White Water show with the Dakota boys was decent this week too. Liked how they came up with the idea to divert much of the flow from the river to make it safer to dredge in. Not sure how much gold they're going to end up getting, unless there really is some crazy deposit deeper down.

Merrith

Todd announces on the live episode he's quitting Gold Rush and probably won't be back. Says something about having opportunities as a singer or something. Kind of sad to see the whipping boy of the show go, but frankly he's always underwhelmed. I hope somehow the Dakota boys come back, or Dave and Freddie team up again and are on the show.