Gold Rush

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Dude was a boss. I remember him having that heart attack in like Season 2 or something and he's up and driving his truck around within a few days.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Damn that sucks. He always seemed to bounce back and have a lot of vigor for his age. Guess it was a matter of time, but still. Wonder how it will affect Parker going forward.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
This had to happen sooner or later. I'm glad it didn't happen during the mining season but I'm sure we'll see a shitload of tributes on the show next season. That dude got how to be an old man, being supportive and offering advice but not shoving it down other people's throats and allowing them to make their own mistakes. So many old men just want to boss everyone around and then get bitter and angry when people don't listen to them and they can't run the show anymore. I would love to live to 96 and be in as good a shape as Grandpa Schnabel and also be that good of a person at that age. Cheers to him.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Todd Hoffman is America's bed shitting sweetheart at this point. It's just a matter of time until he decides to make the boss, judgement, call that they should run 500 yards of gravel that they just bought from Home Depot through the tumbler the week before they need 100 more ounces to break even then we can get a soliloquy where he's crying and saying that he let everybody down again. Little known fact, Todd Hoffman got a degree in religious studies and had no previous experience in mining. Can't wait for that fact to pop up over and over again

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Todd Hoffman is America's bed shitting sweetheart at this point. It's just a matter of time until he decides to make the boss, judgement, call that they should run 500 yards of gravel that they just bought from Home Depot through the tumbler the week before they need 100 more ounces to break even then we can get a soliloquy where he's crying and saying that he let everybody down again. Little known fact, Todd Hoffman got a degree in religious studies and had no previous experience in mining. Can't wait for that fact to pop up over and over again
'Gold Rush' Miners Faced 'All Time Low,' Star Dave Turin Reveals
But they come back strong! ( so he says )
I know most of the Disco altering but for Gold Rush I've never figured out who gets what and what is real and what isn't.
Obviously big machines and lots of dirt.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I don't really like when people talk about reality shows and how they're not actually how things happen because we all know that and still enjoy the show but when I heard they were going to Oregon I immediately thought that it probably had nothing to do with Todd actually wanting to mine there and everything to do with the TV show needing Todd to be a fuck up because that is his character on the show and the show isn't as good if he's just mining in the Klondike in a semi-competent manner. I read somewhere that Todd was overheard telling people that "The TV show is the real gold mine".

I believe that they really are moving all that dirt and working hard, but I'm pretty sure a lot of the drama and maybe even the gold totals are flexible based on the story Discovery is trying to tell.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I read somewhere that Todd was overheard telling people that "The TV show is the real gold mine".

This, having an operation like Tony Beets is the only way to make it big in gold as a small business, and i'm not talking his for the entertainment purposes dredge. He owns multiple active mines and on top, has a fuckton of property he leases out at insane percentages. Everyone else are just plebbing it out working on someone else's land trying to get lucky with some sort of motherload.

Case and point, if anyone watched Bering sea gold last season, the fucken Pomrenke's pulled like 3 million dollars out of the ground on their own property the first season setting up the operation. It's why you see someone like Parker looking to buy land ASAP (haven't watched first episode yet so not sure if he got any?).

I actually like the Pomrenke's the best out of both these shows. They feel like the most non-reality TV show folks and we're just getting a pretty unfiltered look into their shit.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Parker is still under Tony. He is actually only going for 3k oz. this season cuz after 3k he has to give Tony 25%.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Parker is still under Tony. He is actually only going for 3k oz. this season cuz after 3k he has to give Tony 25%.

I'm actually surprised his family / the show doesn't help him with financing on his own land. Makes me think that Tony gives a lot more guidance on his site than shown.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
He's still under contract and didn't know better. They make it sound like this is the last year he'd be under Beets. Plus show drama.

Merrith

Even if it's just for TV, I love watching Todd fail. Guy is a moron leaving sure gold to go on treasure hunts (unless just set up for TV). Always wanted Dave to break away from Todd and form his own crew.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
He's still under contract and didn't know better. They make it sound like this is the last year he'd be under Beets. Plus show drama.

Honestly parker is better off doing at least one more season on proven good claims even giving 25% to tony saves a ton of cash moving/relocating let alone paying millions up front for a place that may have some gold unless you get screwed and find out it has jack squat.

Merrith

I'd be curious to see how much overall profit Parker was making each season and how much he was able to save going forward. Designing his own wash plant and building it probably wasn't cheap.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well given that he was saving up enough that outright purchase of a gold lease was at least doable although it would have ment going all in with little savings left. That still on the multi millions of dollars order so signs point to pretty solid amount of savings. Still all the equipment costs and running costs are pretty steep so there is a lot of potential for ghastly set backs savings wise.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Been catching up on this recent season. Really fucking glad Todd Hoffman decided to go full fucking retard again this season, much entertainment.

Oldbased

> Than U
Been catching up on this recent season. Really fucking glad Todd Hoffman decided to go full fucking retard again this season, much entertainment.
Kills it for me that Todd owns the show. He could not find 1 ounce and still make millions. Parker legit has to make money, big money to pay for the equipment he has. Tony hates cameras but I think he continues the contract to get his kids exposure in case they ever want to leave gold mining. I miss Grandpa Parker who died last year and Dakota Fred. Hell I rate those 2 scam bros who went to some 3rd world country higher than what this show has become the past 2 years.

I'm loving the Wheel on after it though. Wish they would slow it down.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
The show is funnier when Todd is a fuckup but it makes it less believable to me. I really feel like they went to Oregon to make the show more entertaining, not because they actually thought that they were going to make money mining there. Maybe I shouldn't be so cynical but the whole "we went somewhere, didn't find gold, the crew quit, then moved to Colorado to get redemption" feels like a storyline they wrote at the beginning of the season, not the end.